1,799 results
All reviews bagels the empire state building new york boiled eggs free breakfast breakfast room lexington avenue good size two queen beds times square coffee machine two blocks subway station definitely stay here again hotel is in a great location rooms are small street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I stayed at the Ramada 5/10-16/09 and found it to be an exceptional value for the price I paid. Breakfast was fresh and plenty of it and the only criticism with breakfast would be that there was no soap and paper towels at the sink to wash one hands if they get soiled or sticky.
The room was exceptionally clean and fresh and as others said about the bathroom, there is no place to hang the towels after use. No towel bars at all. But, I'm being picky here and I did speak to the Mgr. about it. He said they were still in the process of their upgrades and would address the issue. There is an in room safe and a good closet.
The area is nice with bus and subway close at hand. What more could you ask for in midtown Manhattan than a reasonable price, close to transportation, with your first meal of the day covered. I'll be back.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Barry J
applecorehotelsstaff, Apple Core Hotels at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2009

Dear compare,

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed the real value and service of the Ramada eastside during your stay with us and are grateful to you for taking time to put those comments and suggestions. We are committed to quality and excellent customer service. We do wish to apologize for any inconvenience and take more steps towards keeping our guests fully informed of all services at our hotel. There is a wash room just out side the breakfast room. Again, thank you for choosing the Ramada Eastside. Our entire team is committed to creating caring experiences – every person, every time.

Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed May 11, 2009

During my stay here, both my mother and I very very impressed and appreciatiave of how clean the hotel is. The staff is very friendly and the hotel includes many great perks. It is one of the few in the area with a free breakfast, and it's a nice breakfast! The business center was also helpful. My only suggestion is that if you are getting a discount on the rate (AAA, etc.) you must present the card or proof of discount at the time of check in. I highly recommned getting a confirmation of this, such as having the staff make a copy of the discount, dating and signing it. I noted several people having trouble getting their discounts at the time of checkout. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay and this hotel. I would recommend it and would not hesitiate to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank chantel210
applecorehotelsstaff, Apple Core Hotels at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2009

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind words. We try our very best to make sure that our guests are comfortable during their stay and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our amenities and our staff. Our staff is trained to continually improve the quality of the service and to be as helpful as possible. Our housekeepers clean the rooms, the bathrooms and the public areas on a daily basis and pay close attention to cleanliness. It is very important to us to make sure the rooms are clean, fresh and comfortable for our guests.
Also, as you rightly pointed out, guests need to show their AAA or AARP card at the time of the check-in otherwise discount cannot be given. A sign is also displayed at the front desk to inform guests about this policy.
Thank you!
Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed May 7, 2009

I stayed at Ramada Eastside from April 30 through May 06, 2009 and it is never forgetable experience. The hotel was very clean with very friendly and proactive staff. The breakfast served was very fresh. On top of everything it is the best valued hotel. For the month of April, it was pretty reasonable. I won't get better hotel and better service than Ramada Eastside. it is perfect! i loved it.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tanbir
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This was a great find in New York, given the cost of most other forms of accommodation in the city. As has been said often in the reviews here, it’s in an excellent location only a few blocks away from places like the Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden – and around a 15 minute walk or so from Grand Central Station. There’s also a subway station nearby. The room was clean and perfectly adequate with a nice, comfortable bed; well-sized flatscreen TV and a newish shower/bath. They also provided a free breakfast while I was staying there. I didn’t encounter too many problems with noise from outside the room, either. The only thing that bothered me was the customer service (or lack of it). Some of the staff seriously need to do a customer service course and/or to go to hotels in other parts of the world to learn about how to interact with (and even give an occasional smile to or indulge in a friendly conversation with) their guests. But, the further I travelled across the USA, the more a lack of customer service seemed to be standard practice in a lot of different parts of the country these days.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
applecorehotelsstaff, Apple Core Hotels at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2009

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us.
Our staff is trained to continually improve the quality of the service and to be as helpful as possible. It is very important to us to maintain high quality and standards and to provide great guest experience and value at the Ramada Eastside. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future.
With warm regards,
-Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed May 1, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in April, and booked the hotel, after having enjoyed a stay last year.

The hotel has been renovated in the meantime, and we had a large, nice double queen room. Our room was very clean and everything in perfect condition.

The hotel is situated in Murray Hill, 2-3 blocks from the No. 6 Subway. Nice neighbourhood with lots of good restaurants.

Breakfast ok, although breakfastroom in basement is too small.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Excellent value for money, and we will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple