“Pretty good deal for location.”

The Hotel @ New York City
Ranked #299 of 467 Hotels in New York City
nskyline
“Pretty good deal for location.”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I used Google Maps to locate hotels within reasonable walking distance from NYU College of Dentistry. I knew I wanted wireless internet, 24 hour front desk and breakfast included in the hotel I was going to stay at. This place was the cheapest that I found within 15-20 mins walking distance from the NYUCD areathat had these amenities. The guy working in the lobby was pretty nice and helpful!

At around 130 dollars this place was pretty good. The toilet was kind of close to the wall but I did not mind too much (Perhaps it was just my room). My room was sort of noisy when I was trying to sleep but I think my window was open a little. I got a smoking room since that was all they seemed to have at the time but I don't think I could hold that against the hotel's rating. I would recommend this place if you are going for an interview at NYUCD. Close the the Koreatown area and the Empire State building.

Take the New York Airport Service from La Guardia airport if you are trying to get here. It cost me 21 bucks (plus tips) round trip (they drop you off/pick up at Grand Central Station and a few other stations). I just walked (did not mind since I was sightseeing too) to the hotel from there. I think NYAS has a shuttle service to hotels from Grand Central but I just walked since I wanted to see the city closer.

Overall I would stay here again bc/ of the relatively cheaper price compared to similarly equipped hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Stayed for two nights while in town on business - rate was ~$125 (AAA discounted) for a king bed room.

Good:
- Very clean and quiet room (even though it was facing Lexington Ave) on 10th floor
- Good selection of food at the breakfast buffet
- Wireless high-speed network was fast & free
- Good location in Murray Hill - lots of places to eat in the neighborhood

Bad:
- Slowest elevators I've experienced in years
- Fitness room facilities were below par
- Fairly old heating/cooling system in room - this should have been upgraded when they renovated the hotel
- Breakfast area opened at 7 AM - this is pretty late for weekdays at most hotels

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
applecorehotelsstaff, Apple Core Hotels at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
Dear kironb-

We received your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us. Your feedback is very helpful to us in order to better our services. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel!

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our amenities and that you found our Fitness Center “below par”. A lot of hotels don’t offer complimentary breakfast in New York City, and at our property guests have free access to the Fitness Center that features the Powervibe Pro, one of the latest sports equipment. The Ramada Eastside is a neat and friendly hotel that offers exceptional value for people on a budget and that is affordable for a centrally located NYC hotel with all the amenities it offers (complimentary breakfast, free Wireless Internet Access, free calls within the US, Fitness Center, Business Center, in-room coffee makers…).

Please accept our apologies again and we do hope you will consider us again for your travel plans in the future.

Thank you!
Apple Core Hotels
Miami, FL
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Can't beat the price of this hotel, what an awesome value! Friendly helpful staff. Clean room and bathroom. Very comfortable bed. The continental breakfast hit the spot, good bagels, donuts and coffee. The neighborhood is nice with all the necessities near by, pizza, diner, bars, coffee house right next door, pharmacy, subway, etc. I am a single woman and stayed here by myself 4 nights and never once did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank livechica95
Manila
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Ramada Inn East side New York City, truly fantastic hotel
February 13,2009
My wife and i arrived from the Philippines for our exhibit attendance in Javits Center and we again tried Ramada Inn due to its price and proximity to location. We were here two years ago and we were comfortable with the location especially for us who knows very few things about New York. We were very gladly surprised with the new lay out and design of the rooms as well as the fantastic improvements they have made on the bed, the bathroom as well as the general cleanliness of the room. The breakfast was just right, the service good and men and women on the counter were helpful and of course the flat tv was just really a highlight.
Ramada truly made our stay memorable and almost became a paradise to us after a 20 hour trip from the Philippines to New York.

• Liked — the cleanliness of the room and the internet availability
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank suntzuphil
Northern CA, USA
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I was very impressed with the Ramada Inn Eastside. I think the quality is unbeatable for the price, and will definitely stay here again when I am in NYC. The rooms are all newly refurnished and very tasteful, and clean-- everything new (I stayed in 2 different rooms during my stay-- one with 2 queens and one with 1 queen). The matresses are comfortable tempurpedic-style matresses, and there is an ipod dock and sound system built into the alarm clock. Given that the hotel is in donwtown Manhattan, it was fairly quiet, though NYC is noisy wherever you are. The rooms were decent size for NYC, and overall the hotel had a bright, clean, new vibe, but in an older New York building. I was very impressed, and didn't know that accomodations like this were available in NYC for this price. I have paid over twice the price for a room not nearly as nice. I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — matresses, ipod dock, tv, wireless, good lighting in rooms, nice shower and bathroom, old-style staircase as well as elevators
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank traveller1080
London
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We've stayed here a few times on business trips and this year was better than last. The rooms are large for New York hotel rooms and they are gradually being upgraded so the street facing ones now have modern bathrooms which are great, but you have to put up with the very noisy streets below - definitely makes you feel like you're in NYC! The bed was new too, very comfortable but the pillows are rock hard and too large so we both had sore necks after 3 nights there. There is a large air con machine by the window and massive flat screen TV and coffee making facilities, there's also a small gym and breakfast is included, although it is self service cheap processed food on stryofoam crockery with plastic utensils so best avoided - plenty of nice cafes and shops nearby for food and drink. Two blocks from 28th St subway stop so easy to get around, although you can easily walk to 5th Avenue, Union Sq, Empire State, Madison Sq gardens etc. Great value for money and does what is says on the tin.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Dims57
Nashville, TN
Reviewed January 9, 2009

First, let me say that when you're in NYC, perhaps more than any other city, you're paying for a place to sleep. There is just far too much to do to be worrying about all the little amenities. My main cares when in NYC are that I have a semi-quiet place to sleep, it's clean, and it's safe. If those are fulfilled, I"m happy. I'll save the fretting over marble countertops and deluxe lobbies to when I'm elsewhere.

This hotels is basically "no frills" in that the rooms are pretty tiny, the TV is pretty small, and the view wasn't really great. Plus, the bathrooms are realllllly small.

But, it was clean, the people were very friendly, the part of town was pretty nice and quiet, and the breakfast was good. All this for 130 bucks a night in Manhattan. How could I complain?

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, value
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple