“basic; good location”

Ranked #304 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“basic; good location”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Staff are not that friendly, though, generally if you are striving to find the cheapest accomodation the customer service is not stellar. The room was clean - the heating unit was horrifically loud (doesn't make for a sound sleep) but shower was great. Our window was about 3 feet from another building - so no view or natural sunlight.

The best part was the breakfast - for what we paid, it was great. Cereal, bagels, oatmeal, muffins/croissants, etc. Well-equipped for those on a budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at this hotel when I came to New York City. I enjoyed it so much the first time, that I stayed here again this past weekend and once again I LOVED IT!! I stayed two nights.. Friday night and Saturday night, at $150 a night.. It was actually cheaper than alot of hotels in NYC.. This hotel is literally a couple blocks from the Empire State Building. What a great view .. Also a great view of the Chrysler building.. My room was on the sixth floor, room 601.. Two double beds a very very clean room clean bathroom everything looked great and you look out my hotel window to the left and there was a view of the Empire State building!!! I could not ask for anything more.. The staff was very friendly and anything I needed they were able to help. There was a free breakfast downstairs in the morning. No it was not a grand buffet, but it did have a variety of pastries, pancakes , Hard boiled eggs, cereals etc. The best of all had to be the hot shower!! I've stayed at many hotels especially in New York, where the water never really gets hot or the pressure is not good, this was not the case at this hotel... l a nice hot shower was plentiful!!
Thank you Ramada Eastside for making my stay a great one once again. I will see you again soon in the future. You have a loyal customer here..

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Fiveomom7945
Heathcote NSW Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel has rooms that are a decent size, with 2 queen size beds - which isn't always easy to find in Manhattan - and is still reasonably priced. Continental breakfast was included in our price which was a big bonus for us.

The staff were friendly and helpful - I would happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank firequeen1962
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is is 100/100. Let me start by the first second I pulled up to the hotel. A staff member came out and gave me directions to where to park... which was 20.00 a day. The staff member held my luggage in the lobby while I parked my car. When I walked in the front door of the lobby, it smelled so good. The staff helped me check in then I went to my room. When I got inside of the room I was so happy that I had a clean room. The queen size bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud...lol.. The pillows and bed smelled so good. The flat screen tv was nice also. The bathroom was so clean. The shower relaxed me ever time I used it. (the best shower head a hotel can have)'-'... My view of nyc was wonderful. Continental breakfast was also good. Julie works at the front desk... she is so nice and her costumer service was surpurb...excellent. She always greeted you with a smile. The other staff members were helpful also. The only thing that was not a benefit was the small room, but its better for the price, and my husband and I will be back to NYC and when I do, I will stay at this hotel everytime I come back. Thanx Julie... you were so helpful ! This hotel made my first experience of New York City so worthwhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend this hotel to everyone that is reading my review!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JPreston30
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear JPreston30,
Thank you for your very kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a wonderful time in New York City. Our staff works very hard to make sure guests are in a clean, friendly environment. On average, rooms in Manhattan tend to be a little smaller than hotel rooms in the rest of the country. However, some of our rooms are a bit larger than others.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to New York City!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a sister hotel to La Quinta, which has a hotel about six blocks from the Ramada Eastside. Rooms are larger than I expected.Biggest problem was regulating the heat; when we arrived it was a sauna. We turned the heat off completely and left it off, which worked fine. Very clean. We were told that the restaurant in the Hotel is good but we didn't try it. There are many Indian restaurants a stone's throw from the hotel.

Room Tip: There's no pool that I know of, and we were traveling with adults. Had to check the ratings cir...