The Hotel @ New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$335
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,703 results
All reviewsramada innbagelsthe empire state buildingnew yorkmurray hillmemory foamboiled eggsfree breakfastbreakfast roomlexington avenuegood sizebudget hotelfew blockspriced hotelsmall bathroomtimes squarefront desk staff
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Affordable hotels being scarce in Manhattan in some seasons, it was good to find this small no-frills hotel that is part of the Ramada chain, in an excellent Murray Hill location.

My room at the end of the hall was quiet at night, even while overlooking the (side) street. The queen-bed-sized room was spacious enough for one person, though it would have been tight for two. The furniture was functional; the bathroom and closet were also perfectly adequate.

The professional staff at the front desk, in a pint-size lobby, were courteous. Wifi was allegedly free, though I couldn't get it to work on my smartphone and didn't need it enough to investigate. Also free was the generic American motel breakfast, served in a fairly dreary downstairs room. There is a decent bar and restaurant off the lobby and an in-room coffeemaker.

The two cautions were, first, the bed mattress seemed not as firm and even as it should be, and might prove uncomfortable for a longer stay. Second, the heat/AC unit ran all cold air no matter how one set the thermostat, and then, after maintenance came to fix it upon request, it ran all hot air. During this time the weather went from hot to cold, but the next inhabitant was probably not so lucky.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lexington Avenue may be noisy at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank deekaye
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in November 2012. Its well located, 3 blocks away from the Empire State Building and in a safe area. The hotel staff aren´tt the most friendly I've seen but they do their job. Breakfast is ok. The room is quite small but there's everything you need. They have a restaurant which I didn't try.
The only problem I detected was that the TV set didn't work!! I complained about it and the recepcionist didn't seem surprised, what made me think that they already knew it but gave me that room anyway!! The offer me the chance to switch room but when I did that, there was no vacance left. I also found a used soap in the bathroom when I got there... someone forgot to clean it!
To sum up, it did the job well but there are other options that you may consider.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Midtown, close to time square convenient to downtown, 2 blocks away from train stations. This hotel provides coffee maker in room, breakfast , free wifi, free gym, nation wide free phone calls. Nice and cozy room. But too bad I was here during hurricane sandy, the hotel out of power did not provide their guest with flash lights or candles, no updates about the situation from hotel management . They could have done better than sitting in the dark reception with entire family and chatting away, at least fix generator for reception and basement toilets where all the guest have to use single toilet in the basement.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent three nights here in early October. It was our first trip to NYC (my 16 year old daughter and I) and I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to hotel rooms. I did a lot of research to make sure the hotel was convenient for her and I to ride the subway and find restaurants nearby. (I didn't want to walk in the dark if I didn't have to). This hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff were friendly, the room was immaculate and we had a neat view from our room. If we walked down the hall and looked out that window we could see the Empire State Building. A subway station was three blocks away plus there were about a dozen restaurants to choose from within a block in every direction. Breakfast was basic but good. Overall, a great stay and I would go back again if I ever get the chance to visit this amazing city again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Deborah P,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your first trip to New York City and we hope you had enough time to do everything you came for. Thank you for the compliments to our staff. They work very hard to make sure that guests are comfortable and safe in our hotel.

We hope you and your daughter will have another chance to return to New York City, and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is very well located, near Empire State Building. There are many chic restaurants around, most of them with very good indian food but also some mediterranean. The rooms are not very large but enough for 2 people. American breakfast is quite poorly in terms of variety. I had some problems with the hotel card payment but they were not worried. A good solution in terms of price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple