“Excellent hotel for a NYC visit”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #130 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent hotel for a NYC visit”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my husband during or visit to New York. We loved the hotel. The location is perfect, just one block form the subway station and 2 blocks from the empire state.
The staff was really nice and the room was good. If we go back to NY, definitely we would stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryC_13
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear MaryC_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found our rooms comfortable and spacious and our staff nice.

If your future travel plans call for a return trip to New York City, I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again. Please contact me directly so I may oversee your next reservation.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We loved the Avalon. This was the 1st stop on our honeymoon trip & what a lovely start. The hotel had a bottle of Moët waiting in our room-such a lovely touch. The rooms where so spacious (think we had a junior suite-lovely sitting area also) and beautifully decorated. Staff where helpful & the hot chocolate in the lobby was yum. Would definately recommend.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank kimbo1101
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Kimbo1101,

I was thrilled to read that we were your 1st stop on your Honeymoon and that we were able to start it off right! I am glad you enjoyed the congratulatory gift in your room, as well as the spaciousness of the room and our hotel amenitites.

When your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City (perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary?!) I hope we will have the honor of hosting you once again. If so, please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My company has a corporate account with this hotel. We are extremely happy. They always save rooms for us, even if they're sold out, and they always give us the rate of a smaller room if a suite is the only room left. Agnes Prusaczyk has been an awesome sales rep. She always books my rooms quickly and even took me out for lunch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Aylin G, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Afelric1,

I was happy to read that you company enjoys their stays with us. We certainly appreciate your business and enjoy having your colleagues at the Avalon. I was most pleased to hear that our sales manager, Agnes Prusaczyk, takes very good care of you and your company. I will pass your kind comment on to her and the rest of the staff.

Next time, I look forward to meeting you and saying hello in person.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days in June/July 2014. The hotel is centrally located close to Empire State Building. Needless to say, but close to shops, restaurants and basically everything 24/7. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was big with two large beds, and an additional «living room». The bathroom was large and and appropriately furnished with all the things you need. The women in the family had some complaints with regards to the power of the heir dryer, so a tips might be to bring your own if you fancy dry hair :-) The room had to TV sets, and a small fridge in addition to a mini bar. Room service was available, and the people in the front desk was always willing and helpful. There was absolutely NO NOISE in our room, so the sound proofing must be very good. The air condition also worked flawlessly. Breakfast in the hotel is a bit pricy, so we opted for an option to eat out every day. Breakfast is $16.95 per person. Room is cleaned every day, to the highest standards. The hotel also helps you with transport to the airport, and stores your luggage for free on the day of checkout. We asked for a late checkout since our flight left in the afternoon, but this was only available for $70. Checkout is normally done at midday (12 o’clock) I might very well stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Finnerikkescreenname
Dear Finnerikkescreenname,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent 10 day stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel comfortable, the location perfect for your needs and our staff friendly and helpful.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We chose this hotel on the net.without any special recommendation.The price was reasonable and the location could not have been better.We opted not to have the hotel breakfast which we found to be very basic.Good choice.The reception staff were excellent and very polite and always happy to help.We booked a few tours through the hotel reception but this sadly turned out to be a mistake because the hotel acted as a "middle man" taking a deposit and the rest had to be paid to the sightseeing tour company agent on the street.We had problems with them because they were very unfriendly because they had to do "all the work" without getting all the money.We complained to the hotel about this and we suggested that the hotel should issue the "whole ticket"or not at all.The hotel were very apologetic .Other than this our stay was fantastic and we would definitely go back again.The room was large and very clean.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor.It will be quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick M
Dear Patrick M.,

I was dissappointed to read that you had an unpleasant experience with some of the tour vendors in the city. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We have let the city and other relevant companies know as well. I was happy to read though that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our rooms spacious, well appointed and comfortable. I was most pleased to read that our staff was friendly and attentive to your needs.

If your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.

Monmouth, OR
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Room was recommended and was in fact a great place to stay. Room was not quite ready when we arrived, we arrived early. Held our luggage and off we went. Room was large, clean, comfortable and pretty quiet except for the AC going on & off a lot. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great as we walked downtown to uptown. Easy access. Breakfast was nice with fruit, rolls and pastry, all fresh! Would definitely stay again, We dislike large hotels, this was comfy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AARON Y
Dear Aaron Y.,

I was happy to read that the Avalon suited all your needs. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the intimate size of the hotel, its location, spacious rooms and our continential buffet breakfast. Mostly, thank you for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff. They certainly are the heart and soul of the Avalon.

Should your future travel plans call for a return visit to New York City, I hope we will be able to host you once again. If so, please contact my office as I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed 9 nights in the beginning of June. The hotel was great and I will sure come back. The location is excellent, next to Empire State Building and near Times Square. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and air-conditioned. The staff was very kind. The breakfast was great, especially the best berries and fruits and yogurt I have ever eaten in a hotel. And if you prefer pastries and donuts there was plenty of them. The only negative thing was the sofabed which really wasn’t very good for sleeping (we were three, and the king-size bed was great). The WiFi in the room was also really important for us!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Aylin G, Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Leena61,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent nine night stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is appreciated.

I wsa happy to read that you found our hotel perfect for your needs while staying in Manhattan. Thank you for commenting on our location, our spacious rooms, the complimentary WiFi, and our continential buffet breakfast. I want to say a special thank you for mentioning our staff. They certainly are the heart and soul of the hotel. I will pass your kind comments on to them.

Should you find your future travel palns call for a return visit to New York City, please contact my office as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.