Avalon Hotel
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$161
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$124
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$231
$186
  • Room Service
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$151
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$200
GardenInn.com
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
1,796 results
All reviewsjunior suitethe empire state buildingnew yorkkorea townpenn stationsofa bedsitting areaaround the cornerbig bathroomfree coffeesmoking roomcontinental breakfastmini bartimes squarecentral locationspacious roomexcellent location
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Avalon Hotel numerous times. It is one of the few hotels that can deftly accommodate families, business travelers and couples. The hotel rooms are spacious, clean and quiet each time I've stayed. But what separates this hotel from the many other options are the staff- from the doormen, to the hotel clerks, to the reservationists and management.

I had requested an early check in and rather than be suitably snubbed, was accommodated by Andrew, who was so helpful on the phone. To my surprise, when I got in the room there was cookies and sparkling water. I'm not a high roller, but I sure felt like one.

I highly recommend this room. My only worry is that with all the great reviews, they will be booked up!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark H
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Mark H.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent return visit at the Avalon Hotel New York.

It is always a pleasure having you at the Avalon. I am pleased you find that our hotel is perfect for everyone - families, business travelers and couples, as well as spacious, clean and quiet. I am particularly happy to hear that you find our entire staff incredibly helpful, especially Andrew.

When your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Avalon is where I stay during my visits to NYC. Location is great, rooms are very spacious (I have stayed both Junior Suite and King Suite) Staff is very helpful and friendly. Management is organized and very helpful-never let us down in any service. I highly recommend Avalon and am looking forward to staying here again in my next visit to NYC!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ozgebuminoztaskin
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Ozgebuminoztaskin,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your repeat stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is always a pleasure to have you with us.

I am pleased that you find our location perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our Junior and King Suites. I am particularly happy to hear that our staff was helpful, friendly and attentive to your needs during your many stays. The staff at the Avalon is truly the heart and soul of the hotel and I could not be more of them.

When your travel plans call for you to return to Manhattan, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your future reservations.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Avalon is definitely a great value hotel in the heart of midtown. Staff here are consistently friendly and helpful. The hotel features a decent sized common area for lounging. Our room was huge for NYC standards, with comfortable beds and good amenities. The decor is a bit underwhelming, especially the faux wood floors which seemed out of sync with what is billed as a luxury hotel. Nonetheless the place was an excellent starting point with easy access to the subway and many other features of New York.

We also had a problem with a warm room with no A/C. Although the windows do open, that was not sufficient to cool the place down enough.

I would not have any problem returning here, though with the selection in NYC it may be worth searching elsewhere too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Yazzy13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback is most important to us.

I was happy to learn that you found our rooms spacious and enjoyed our bed and room amenities. Please accept my sincere apologies on the opportunity you experienced with the cooling of your room. I have brought the matter to our engineering department. We are constantly working on the hotel so I appreciate your observations on the room decor.

If your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your future reservation.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I highly recommend the Avalon. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff is amazing. This was my second stay there and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The location makes it easy to move about the city. Worth the price. I love staying at the Avalon!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Dalaine J

Dear Dalaine J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your second stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback about our hotel is most valued.

I was happy to read that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable and the location perfect for your needs. I am particularly pleased to learn that you found our staff "amazing." They certainly are the heart and soul of the Avalon.

When your future plans call for a return trip to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Avalon hotel is the best you will find anywhere in NYC!! We stayed here Nov 9-13 2013 for the second time in a year. The staff is exceptional and you won't find a bigger or cleaner room anywhere in NY. I also was to give a big thanks to Wilson the bellman for being so kind and helpful. Another awesome stay at the Avalo! Can't Wait to come back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank EBing

Dear EBing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your return visit to the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback is important to us.

I am pleased to read that you find our rooms spacious and immaculate, however I am incredibly happy to know that our staff, and in particular Wilson, were helpful during your second visit.

When your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservations.