“Honestly feels like home”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #136 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am very picky when it comes to hotels as I'm a neat freak person.
After looking at over 50 hotels in New York myself and 2 adolescent children decided on the Avalon Hotel mainly because the floors are in parquet and the rooms are very large.

The hotel is a great central location between 5th Avenue and Maddison.
We booked a junior suit with two double beds 6 weeks ahead and had 15% discount on a total of 9 nights stay. We were very satisfied with it.
The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms very clean!

We did not take breakfast at the hotel as we eat very little and might be a waste to pay $23 per person and not to be able to enjoy a full breakfast but I'm sure it is equally excellent.

All the receptionists are extremely helpful and likewise the bellmen.

I highly recommend this hotel. I will definately stay here whenever I visit New York.

5  Thank DorisNaa
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Doris Switzerland,
We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel and can't thank you enough for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope you will return sometime soon. If your plans include a return trip to New York, I would be very pleased to personally oversee your reservation. We would like to extend a courtesy upgrade for your stay.
Somehow we miscommunicated on the price of our buffet breakfast, as it is $14.95 per person, not $23, and there is no charge for children under 12. We also have a package that includes breakfast and a 10% discount if you book a Junior Suite or higher.
Many thanks and warmest regards from one and all at the Avalon.
Michael Rawson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a centrally located, independent hotel. And, for a good price. We found the Avalon's website offering a special summer package including breakfast with an additional 20% discount off the rate for booking a suite. Its a very good hotel for the rates they charge and feature lots of niceties that we enjoy. Free wifi, Aveda amenities, HUGE rooms, all cotton sheets, and offer personal service because they only have 100 rooms. I never knew there was a Koreatown, but was happy to learn we were on the same street. It was a short walk from Penn Station and it was exciting to be one block from the Empire State Building.

Room Tip: The Executive Suites have jacuzzi tubs, separate shower stalls, and even a bidet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harold T
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Harold T,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed it so much and liked our location. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of our team. Should your future plans include a trip to Manhattan, I hope you will contact my office directly so that I can personally oversee your accommodations.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are clean and palatial. We booked a package deal with flight and hotel when we went last time and we were surprised at how luxurious our room was for what we paid, we had the most amazing trip and the staff were really helpful about directions and sights to see. My sister and I visited NYC two years ago and we had such a good time that we are coming back again in December to experience new york at Christmas! Hoping the Avalon will have their christmas tree up then :-)

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lucy H
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Lucy H,

Thank you for the wonderful review you posted. We are delighted you are returning to New York in December during the Holiday season. As the new General Manager, I wanted to introduce myself and hope you will contact me directly so I can personally oversee your accommodations.

Best wishes and warm regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Traveled with the family and booked 2 rooms. Rooms were not contiguous, nor connecting but didn't matter. The hotel is so pretty. The lobby is breath taking and the ambiance couldn't be better. Room was very comfortable with 2 tvs, one on the living area (stayed at a suite) and one on the bedroom. The price was reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.
I would come back again to this hotel with no doubts.

2  Thank Lety J

Dear LetyJ,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Avalon. We are delighted you and your family had such a good time and that you enjoyed your accommodations and some of the special features such as 2 TV's.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope you will contact my office directly as I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade. Our website always offers the lowest prices on the internet should you wish to reserve directly.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed from july 25 through august 3 with my family and friends. We occupied 5 rooms of the hotel and I must say the experience was great. The staff is excellent, very diligent and helpful. I was there to get married and they made the experience unforgettable for my family and friends. Jezmin and Carolina as the rest of the staff were extraordinary, they really went out of their way to make our stay worthwhile. The room was a union suite and it was very comfortable and the AC worked great, it was very hot in NYC. My only suggestion is to improve on the breakfast, it is too expensive for what is offered.
Thank you and when we get back to NCY as we often do, we will return to avalon. We are also sending our friends there.
Carmen Velez

Room Tip: Junior Suites are very comfortable and incredibly large for NYC.
2  Thank Carmen M V
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear CarmenMV,

Thank you very much for choosing the Avalon for such a special occasion. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience, and are very happy you enjoyed your room. We very much appreciate your feedback, and will tell the staff that they were so important in making your stay a great one. When you, or your friends, do return to the Avalon, please contact my office directly so that I can provide a complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My sister and I are returning again to the Vincci Avalon in November and are really really looking forward to the trip. This will be our third time in a few years but we know exactly what we will get. Good service from check-in, bells are so helpful and will carry and transport your luggage to and from rooms. Large suite with all amenities, bathrooms very clean and towels are changed daily. Bath robe and slippers a nice touch especially after a long day. Ice buckets for a small beveridge in your room, just phone for service and the boys will bring to your room. Hotel is so central and Empire State a block away which makes it so convenient, go for an early start and miss all the queues. Small bar and restaurant/bistro within the Hotel very nice. Free coffee and wifi room before you step out in the morning. Can't wait for November.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank fletch5

Dear fletch5,

We were delighted to learn you are returning to the Avalon and look forward to welcoming you back. As the new General Manager of the Avalon, I want to be sure this stay is as good as all the rest. I hope you will contact me directly so I can personally oversee your accommodations.

generalmanager@avalonhotenyc.com

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great location, steps away from Korea town and half a block from Empire State Building! Very friendly, professional and accomodating staff who helped us with a quiet and very nice room according to request from us.
Very spacious room and bathroom, very clean and with wonderfully comfortable bed.
Staff was helpful in providing tips about restaurants choice, airport transport etc which was highly appreciated. Would really recommend it to anyone seeking excellent comfort in a relaxing atmosphere paired with great service!
Thank you for making our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear David G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Avalon. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and your experience with the staff, and hope that we’ll be able to welcome you again soon! If you plan to return to New York, please contact my office directly as I would like to extend a complimentary upgrade to provide you with another wonderful stay.