Tripadvisor
New York City
4,492 results
All reviews guest lounge floor lounge new york tenth floor the empire state building roof terrace madison square park free coffee boutique hotel rooms are small bigger room standard room continental breakfast street noise corner room an upgrade location was perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

From the moment you walk in you are greeted by the bellman, Mohammad, who is extremely nice and helpful, then you make your way to the front desk. The front desk girls are so sweet, knowledgeable, and accommodating. My room wasn’t ready (I was early) but they have 10th floor lounge with coffee, tea, water, etc.

Once I finally got in to the room I was very pleased. It’s a small room, but you’re constantly out and about so it doesn’t matter. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. Did not want to get up!

This hotel is far enough away from Times Square but close enough that you can walk everywhere or jump in an Uber/Lyft. There’s also a BUNCH of restaurants and bars around.

All in all, I will definitely be coming back to The Marcel!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Experience794405, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you had a good time and enjoyed you stay at Marcel. Your compliment on our staff and services are greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next arrival in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My Boyfriend and I choose this hotel as we had concert tickets at the Gramercy Theater and wanted to be within walking distance. It was perfect and we were completely pleased. The hotel was clean & comfortable. The girls at the front desk were friendly and courteous and check in was a breeze. We were upgraded to a Jr. Suite which was unexpected and really nice to have the extra space. Bed was comfortable, bathroom clean and roomy. Location was perfect as we wondered around and found many choices of restaurants, bars and nightly entertainment. We highly recommend and it certainly will be our go too hotel next time we are visiting the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler791890,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you were chosen to be our guest of day to experience our Junior Suite and the great service we provided. Your compliment is greatly appreciated. We look forward to hosting your next stay in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

The hotel in itself is nice, the room was comfortable, but I ran into a problem with the water flow one of the mornings and this was not pleasant at all. Luckily, Isabel and Caroline were very helpful and handled the issue beyond expectations.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of the water issue occurred during your stay --- due to the city was conducting an emergency water main repair. Your recognition on our staff's effort is greatly appreciated. We hope you will come back so we can have the chance to turn your experience around.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Perfect overall stay: cleanness of property; helpful and friendly staff (Mohamed at front door was extraordinary helpful); comfortable bed clean sheets and towels; great location; car garage special low charges

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Ahmad,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you had a good time and enjoyed your stay at Marcel. Your compliment on our services and staff are greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next arrival in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here one night only, found the location excellent.
Lots of unique bars and restaurants in the neighbourhood, away from the bustle of midtown.
The staff were friendly on check in and check out.
The room they gave me was an upgrade so I was told, to a bigger room. The room was small so I’d hate to have seen the other one. But in Manhattan that’s what you get. The room was perfectly acceptable for a quick trip. Was very clean and modern.
Bed was comfy, plenty of toiletries and towels.
Watch out going to the bathroom, there is a step which is the same colour as the hall carpet so it’s not noticeable. I tripped a couple of times. Could be very dangerous as you could land head first into the bath.
Tea and coffee is complimentary in a lounge on the 10th floor, no facilities in room.
I got a good deal as it was January, not sure how much it would have been at other times of the year. But I’d stay again if I got a good price.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Experience794405, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Carol,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. Your feedback is important for us and will be shared with our team so it may be addressed properly. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.