“57 year-old says best hotel of her life.”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #144 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel could not have done better. The room was spacious and comfortable, housekeeping, decor and cleanliness perfect. Desk staff was friendly and upbeat -- above and beyond their duties. Concierge -- both of them -- were delightful and extremely helpful. They were always available and again, went above and beyond what we asked. On the 12th floor you can get a lovely breakfast and Starbucks coffee in a bright, window-filled room. I would recommend anyone visiting New York to stay here. The location was fantastic and we were thrilled by everything else. Kudos to whoever manages this hotel. Top notch.

1  Thank Sarah N
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Well I would love to take all the credit for myself, but we have a team of Managers and Dedicated Associates who love to know we did a great job. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to our team at our morning huddles. I can feel your happiness through your review and it has put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for writing your review. More importantly for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Room was very clean and comfy. Bedding was changed everyday. Great location, subway is right outside and bus stop across the road. Walking distance to Grand central station, 5th Ave, Times Square and Central Park.
The supermarket next door is ideal for purchasing room snacks and items you may have forgot or left at home.
The concierge was very helpful and rang restaurants to make dinner reservations for us. Internet is fast with good coverage and the gym is clean and not used that much so had it all to myself on the occasions I used it. Outside can be noisy but that is expected in when staying in New York but this is kept at a minimum if you keep your windows closed. It did not disturb our sleep. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for great views.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, very close to Rockefeller Centre, Times Square, Bloomingdales, Central Park, all very walkable. Hotel was very nice, the concierge was great and offered some great suggestions for restaurants. Every time I am in New York since I have always gone to two of his recommendations. Room was fairly large for Manhattan. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We review our tripadvisor page frequently to know what our guests are thinking and saying about our hotel. I am happy that our concierge was able to provide you with the information you need. We are known for our room sizes and as you mentioned our location to attractions is also a positive. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I dreaded staying at a Courtyard but our company had a really good rate here so I begrudgingly obliged and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a lovely modern corner room with a terrific view and lots of room. The breakfast and common area was very well designed and I would stay here again. Needs recycle waste baskets in the room. Nice to be wrong..

Room Tip: ask for a high corner room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My girlfriends and I spent a long weekend here and loved the hotel. We chose this location because of the pull out sofa since there were five us. The room was perfect and the location was very convenient. Wil T was fantastic throughout our stay he was friendly and helpful, along with the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this fantastic Courtyard Marriott. It was our first time in New York and was difficult deciding on the right hotel. Well we struck gold here. The location was the best, especially having the subway right ourside. Brilliant wee cafe around the corner which had a lovely atmosphere. A convience store next store was so brilliant for all the extra bits you need especially travelling with children. Our children are 8/10yrs and they loved New York and our choice of Hotel. Reception staff were excellent and when we checked in were were given an amazing room on the 23rd floor looking out to the Chrysler Building "Magical view". Breathtaking!
The room was modern and really clean and spacious. I had my neice staying also so there were auctually 5 people in the room and it was perfect space wise. She was on the fold out couch.
The lounge area on the 12 floor was brilliant, quite a big area and great little space for relaxing.
The free WIFI was so great to have a huge bonus. Thank you Courtyard Marriott we loved your hospitality and facilities. We will definately stay with you again.

2  Thank Clarese01
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed for a weekend with family, the location is perfect, walking distance to most main interest points. Clean rooms, helpful staff, great pharmacy downstairs in case you need anything. The valet option was great for us as well - didn't have to worry about the car for the whole weekend.