“Excellent Hotel - Excellent Location.”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #145 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent Hotel - Excellent Location.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Has a great view of the city and excellent service. You are very close to subway station that will get you almost everywhere on the city. Apart from that, you are very close to almost the most important points in the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Pros:
- Subway right across the street (direct to Penn station). Short walk to Grand Central
- Corner king room (15th floor) has lots of light and great view of 3rd avenue
- Free, fast wi-fi
- Very professional and efficient staff
- Contemporary rooms, large, very clean and comfortable
- Lightning-fast check-in/out
- Complimentary late check-out
- Unbeatable price

Cons:
- None!

Room Tip: Corner king room on 15th floor had lots of light and great view of 3rd avenue
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Never a bad stay at Marriott, only downside was Wi-Fi access was down at check-in. However very courteous and helpful as a very early entry @ 11AM with a room available. Very comfy bed, roomy shower and accommodating small pullout sofa for my guest. Nice view of sixth avenue and nearby Macy's. Location would be good for a mad shopper with all the nearby stores. I'd stay here again if the need arose.

2 Thank cmacNYC
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was excellent. Had a fairly good rate for a busy weekend. The hotel is close enough to the action, but not right in the middle of it.

The hotel lobby is closet sized, and gets tough to get through when a number if folks are checking in. The folks at the reception desk were pleasant and helpful. Reception kindly arranged for a limo to LGA for us - which was only a few bucks more than the cab ride in. He said getting a cab to the airport early on Sunday morning might be a problem.??

The elevator was amazing speed-wise. We zipped up 20 some floors in about the tine the pokey hydraulic elevator in your typical Hampton Inn could make it to the 3rd floor.

The room was comfortable and clean - no great view (I guess we weren't high enough) . The bathroom was tiny but adequate. It has limited toiletries, no hair dryer, no night light (often found on hair dryers these days) and no towel bars, save for one in the tub area. The bed was great. Noise from the street below not particularly well muffled (couldn't tell if the windows were doubled-glazed or not).But having lived in Manhattan as a child, the constant honking didn't bother me as much as it did my wife.

The hotel has a "shop" for stacks and toiletries. $10. for a pint of ice-cream. No great bargains to be found there.

There is a concierge on the first floor, crammed in between the reception lobby and the elevator lobby. Among other things, he can get you show tickets.

Handy to the hotel is a drug store out the front door (where you can get a bottle wine, if you'd like).. Around the corner is the Cafe Europa - which serves a great selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, and pasta - but no wine or beer.

Breakfast at the hotel's Bistro was O.K. - selections a bit esoteric and service fairly slow (there was one gal taking orders and working the registers, while others buzzed about performing various functions. The one gal routine kept movement of the line slow).The "ambience" was fairly nice, with somewhere good street views from the 12th floor location. A little too many TVs scattered about for my taste - hard to escape.

We walked everywhere from the hotel, to a restaurant on 33rd St. to. the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 80th. (20 blocks is about a mile). The hotel is really well located.

All-in-all, we'd do it again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After reading all of the great reviews on this property I decided to give it a try. I must say that all of the reviews were spot on. The suite was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping did a great job each day. We requested extra towels a couple of times and they brought them within minutes of us calling.

The hotel was very nice and quite as well. We never heard our neighbors or anyone in the hallways. We were on a high floor and the views from the room were spectacular! As stated by other reviewers, it's also close to many attractions.

The only negative is the fact that there is no restaurant onsite; therefore, also no room service. There is a bistro that's open for breakfast; it's very nice and clean, however, it has very limited choices for breakfast. We ate there the first morning, but went outside of the hotel the other mornings that we were there.

I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Tonya T
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for leaving this wonderful review. I am happy we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will pass on you comments to our Housekeeping staff, at our daily morning meeting.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and more importantly for choosing to stay with us.
Golden, CO
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed at several (four star hotels in Manhattan). Despite the fact that this hotel is probably ranked as a four star, it has large rooms and is convenient to all you need to do in Manhattan. I traveled there recently to go shopping and go to the theater. There's a subway station on the corner and it was only three stops by subway to Broadway. I actually walked back to get my 10,000 steps in for the day! The room was clean and as many others have commented, the hotel has been newly renovated. There is one restaurant in the hotel which only serves breakfast. However, there are many eateries nearby. Its located in a business area, so there are not a lot of establishments open after 7 pm in the area. Next door to the hotel is a 24 hour drugstore which has some limited food and drink (including beer and wine). I got a phenomenal deal through an online vendor. I would definitely stay again if I could find the same deal again. The size and cleanliness of the room sold me. I have paid so much more for rooms in Manhattan where the room were literally the size of a closet.

Room Tip: I was on the 20th floor and had a king room with a good view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. 10,000 steps- I actually do the same thing. Since the subway is so close to the hotel I get off a couple of stations away and walk (Have to keep in shape). However, you do have another option we do have the fitness center on the 12th floor to use.

I am happy you were pleased with the cleanliness and size of our rooms. As you mentioned many of our other guests have commented positively about this also.

I wanted to just update something you mentioned there are many latenight restaurants located on 2nd avenue near the hotel, are staff would be happy to give directions to some of them.

Thank you again for your review, it means alot that you took the time out of your day to write this. Also thank you for being a guest of our hotel.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My third stay at this property in a little over 4 months and unfortunately this one didn't shine like the other two.
The check in experience was below average: At no point was I thanked for returning to the hotel (perhaps that information wasn't available, but I have been thanked for repeat business at other properties). Additionally, I was not thanked for being a Rewards Member. I know that information was available.
Finally, the room number provided to me and written on the card envelope was incorrect. I discovered this only after attempting to enter the incorrect room and returning to the lobby thinking that my keys were not functioning properly. Oops... but really only a tepid apology from the front desk, and none from the clerk who had made the error.
The room itself was ok, aside from the large dried glob of who knows what on the inside of the window. I used a damp cloth to clean it up but shouldn't housekeeping be more attuned to that?
Checkout was performed by the same staff member who checked us in. No issues this time but again, no attempt to ask us how are stay was or thank us in any way. Just kind of perfunctory and disinterested.
There are quite a few properties in Manhattan and it is likely that I will try another one the next time I stay in NYC.

Room Tip: Third ave. rooms have a great view of the east side.
2 Thank BernieG
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I thank you for taking the time to write your review about our hotel. I am sorry that you didnt feel welcomed to our hotel, especially since you are a rewards member. I have passed this review to our Front Office Manager, though the front desk when you are checking in doesn't automatically have access to your stay history (they usually just recognize our repeat guests), that doesnt excuse not recognizing our rewards members or the other interactions we had. I have also notified our Housekeeping Director about your findings in the room.

I never try to make excuses for service that was below our and your expecations. I hope you will consider you have come to our hotel in the past as you indicated, and the other times were shining stays. If you do decide to stay with us again please reach out to me.

Thank you again for your review and information.