“Spent 4 Nights here”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #148 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 20, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by 2 cheerful receptionists who by the way had a good sense of humour. .We were checked in with a minimum of fuss and headed off to our room on the 20th floor The rooms were very clean and welcoming, the beds were very comfortable the food in the breakfast dining room was very good . All in all our 4 night stay was excellent band would recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rod S
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I generally like the Courtyard brand for their particular value and price point. This hotel is very much standard as far as the rooms go with a few downsides. The lobby is small and crowded and limited to the check-in desk and concierge. Other components of the usual Courtyard lobby are on the 12th floor near the Bistro (also Courtyard standard). The hotel is very noisy due the street noise (this is Manhattan) but also from the elevators. From the rooms one can easily see into the offices in the buildings across the street, and thus they can see the same in your room. However, instead of the usual two layers of curtains, the rooms have a blackout curtain which will be needed as you dress and sleep (due to the lights from the office buildings). Makes the room claustrophobic. Would prefer the usual curtains. Staff are attentive but not particularly friendly.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank steveprez
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall at the holidays, and we were able to walk everywhere. Rooms were clean and spacious. One of our two rooms, however, was not ready until after 4PM. Their excuse: they were completely booked the night before. Fortunately, we were able to relax in the room that was ready. At check out, the clerk was on the phone nearly the whole time she was settling our account. Before I left, I double checked the bill for accuracy and it was correct, but her behavior was insulting. She was not speaking
English on the phone, but I gathered from her tone that it was not a business call. Customer service needs an upgrade!

Room Tip: Our rooms on the 21st floor were quiet. No street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy we were able to get you into one of the rooms immediately but am concerned that there was a delay with the other room. More importantly I am concerned with the information you provided about the conduct of our staff member. Can you please contact me directly so we can discuss this further. I thank you again and look forward to speaking with you further.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Check in was friendly and efficient. Our room was spacious (queen-queen) and the bathroom was quite large for NYC and very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We stayed on the 16th floor and could hear the traffic below after the television was shut off, but not enough to be annoying. The staff was friendly and helpful. The concierge recommended a place for dinner and called to reserve a table for our group. The next day, the concierge gave us the location of a very good and inexpensive place to have breakfast, I found every staff member we had contact with to be very friendly and helpful. The location is top notch. We will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maureen B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I especially like that our staff was there for you including the concierge providing information to make you stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Depending on what you want from a hotel you should consider this place. I paid extra for a suite and got an (enormous for NYC) 2-room corner suite on the 25th floor. Not high enough to get away from sirens and tooting horns...

Reception lady chewed gum and was waspish. Bel-hop and concierge were friendly. Cafe staff on the 12th floor were so-so - just like in a NY Starbucks. No on site parking - valet $48 a day.

Location was good, though.

Rooms were spotlessly clean and big. Located on 3rd Avenue around 53rd street.

2  Thank Ste_NJ

Thank you for staying at our hotel and providing your review. I am happy you were happy with our room size and cleanliness. Sometimes I think th sirens and horns are NY's way of saying welcome to our city. Yes sometimes NY kicks up the sounds a little. I am sorry the clerk that checked you in did not meet your expecations and from what you posted, did not meet ours either. I will share this with the whole front desk team. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Location is great, very close to subway, just around the corner. Within walking distance to shopping area!

We checked in before noon, the room was not ready. We prefer to have a place where we can freshen up but no specific place that. We ended I prepacked our stuff in the library area. No shower in the gym.

Our room is pretty spacious and clean, can't complain on that. We had 2 seat sofa. Bed was comfy! Bathroom is rather small but we managed.

The one that bothers me a bit is the staffs. Front desk and concierge were not friendly at all, pretty cold I must say thus I didn't feel welcomed. Although I must say cleaning staffs done very good job. Bravo to them!

Stayed: December 2013
RBishop_DLP, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that the location of the hotel satisfied your needs as well that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean. I am disappointed that our Front Office and Concierge made you feel unwelcomed. That goes against everthing we want to convey to our guests, please allow me to apologize for this. You are correct though it is a newly designed heath club with new equipment we do not have showers located in it. We only have showers in our guest rooms. I am sorry the room was not ready upon your arrival, our normal checkin time is 4:00pm however we will try to check our guests in earlier if there are rooms available. I do again thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I will forward your comments to our Front Office Manager.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Al and the entire staff were great! Great location for all the places we wanted to go. All staff were always helpful and friendly. Everyone we came in contact with from the bellmen to the front desk to the cleaning staff, they all tried to make our stay great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to Acknowledge our Staff Service and spotlighting the service provided specifically by Al. I will be sure to mention your comments to Al and his direct manager. Thank you for staying at our hotel and providing the review.