“Good stay”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #152 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to this hotel. Very good location, so no complaints at all.The rooms seem recently refurbished and were nice and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel.
The service levels were appropriate and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PS272727
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here for Marathon weekend with our daughter and her family. The staff was friendly and engaging with the children. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The concierge (Rob) provided great suggestions for dinner. First night was a pasta load for the marathon runners at the San Martin - perfect lively atmosphere and good pasta. Second night, the only mistake was that I did not follow his recommendation on the entree (Sea Bass). The bellman were courteous and helpful.
The only negative in our experience was that the room heating unit was very load. The solution was easy - shut if off for sleeping. The room temperature was fine. I would recommend a stay here. It also convenient to the Lexington Ave subway and only a stop away from Grand Central.

Room Tip: Nice to stay on the higher floors to avoid some street noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steve O
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Perfect location for a family with children!
Staff was friendly and so helpful with everything from giving directions to arranging transportation.
The hotel is clean, quiet, and in a great NY neighborhood.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have a great view!
3  Thank kcpittman
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel probably 50 times over the last few years, mostly for work but also for pleasure. This is a very good Courtyard, and with usually relatively reasonable rates, though they can range from $200-500 depending on the date. The rooms, which were recently renovated, are usually very clean. The location is excellent for most meetings I have, and I have found the Duane Reade next door to be very convenient, and I like some of the nearby restaurants. The E and 6 trains stop right there as well. Most important, the service is usually very good. Most of the front desk folks,led by Julissa, are usually very accommodating, even before I achieved Platinum status, usually giving me good rooms. This is why I always try to stay when I'm in NYC, which is often. They always make me feel at home, and it is sort of my NYC home away from home. The bellmen are also friendly. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank McGee_7
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I never been so impressed with not just one employee, but many that I encountered on this special trip to New York City! It was a family trip and I had 5 young children with me ranging from 5-11 in age...and I have to tell you that PEDRO, JULISSA, and MARK went out of their way each of the 3 days to ask the kids about their day, and listened intently as the kids spoke in awe of the city and their experiences. Pedro (a bellman) helped each day with directions, holding a bag til I got my bearings and kids under control, and making the kids laugh at us moms.

1  Thank Tara W
Reviewed November 3, 2013

From the moment we walked through the doors and were greeted by Al, we felt welcomed. Throughout our stay, we called upon Al to assist us with various requests, including helping us find my son-in-law's phone, which had been left in a taxi, arrange a car service for us and answer several questions about the city. Al's a real asset to your property and we hope he's there when we visit again! Every other member of your staff was also extremely pleasant and very helpful.

Our rooms were lovely, with excellent views of NYC. We all loved the convenient location. Thank you so much!

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. In my experience, NY hotels always have small rooms and bad service. This is not the case. The rooms are spacious and have the clean and new look that you want. And the staff is really helpful. I would like to thank Julisa from the front desk for her great attitude, attentive service and going out of her way on helping us with our reservation that made our stay a even better one. We will be back!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple