“Very good”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #137 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Very good”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Quiet (except street noises which one can't escape in NY), clean adequate room in a good location. Unfortunate that they don't provide breakfast like other Courtyards and there is no quiet place (actually NO PLACE) to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee-which is only available during breakfast hours at a table in the hallway outside their restaurant -which only serves breakfast (for 20 bucks).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2012

You can't beat the size of the rooms here for the price. If you're going to Times Square or Rockefeller Center the location is great. We had two queens with a pull out sofa for the kids and it did not feel crowded. The room was clean with a comfortable bed, pillows and linen. We had a small refrigerator. It was not a fancy room but was tastefully decorated and met our needs. They are re-doing the rooms in January so maybe they are letting some things slide. The wallpaper was glued down strange in one area and the carpet was bunched up in a small area. These were very minor things. When I'm in New York I don't spend that much time in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet. They had a nice office area and lounge on the 12th floor. There were two computers with printing options. There is a subway stop right outside the front door which can get you anywhere in the city. Which is much faster than a cab. There is a Duanereade(walgreens) nextdoor which is perfect for grabbing water or asprin. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here... I'm not sure what people really expect when they visit NYC. I travel often and am very picky on where I will spend the night. I frequently visit the city and always stay here.

Some of the negative comments I've read on here: (1) The size of the lobby. Sure, it isn't a large grand lobby, but who cares. Are you planning on spending your visit in the lobby? Probably not. To spend $160/night (on average) for a room with a king size bed and sofa (with pull out bed), in a LARGE room, is what I call a steal. (2) The unfriendly staff... I've never encountered this myself, I've always had great staff helping me. However, even if they were rude or unfriendly, it really wouldn't affect my stay. I'm not looking to make friends with them. I'm looking for someone who is able to check me in/out, provide me extra towels or pillows when requested, etc. You can stay in a 5-star hotel and have rude staff, so this shouldn't even be an issue.

When I go to visit the city, the only time I am in the room is to shower and sleep. The rooms are clean, the linens are clean, the bathroom is clean... what more do you want? At night, the front doors are locked and you need to use your room key in order to get in. It's in a safe area with a subway right around the corner, and you are within walking distance of Central Park and Times Square. There is a Duane Read downstairs if you want to grab a snack, soda, toothbrush, whatever.

Overall, for the price, this really is a fantastic hotel and I plan on booking my next stay for January shortly.

Room Tip: I've never requested a specific room/area, but I've never had a problem with what I've b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank traveltoseattle85
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel. All of our needs and requests were met. The room was clean and the view was beautiful on the 30th floor. Everyone was courteous and friendly. The front desk and valet were excellent and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for a thanksgiving day parade with my kids. Overpriced for the quality of hotel. No grand lobby. No pool. No place to hang out and relax after a day's long walks and subway rides. Very noisy at night (even atop 23rd floor!). The breakfast buffet and food were overpriced, and did not taste good. Fruits were not fresh. Waffle tasted like cardboard! Sausages and bacon were reheated many times, it tasted old!
Will not stay here next time.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Frequenttrsveller
Newton, Ma
Reviewed November 20, 2012

we often stay at this hotel and it alway exceeds our expectations. Large for NY rooms. Clean. The location is perfect. We stayed in a king with a pull out sofabed. There was plenty of room for my husband, 13 year old daughter and me. There is a safe, refrigerator. Work out room.Duane Read is next door. A very good choice and value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husbamd and i were in NY for medical reasons, and the people at the Courtyard were very helpful at a time when we needed it. I asked if there was a microwace i could use and they sent one to the room. We needed extra pillows after his surgery, and they were there immediátely. He had specific food requests after surgery , and they helped me find them.
Rooms are spacious, with a couch and coffee table, comfy bed, a fridge and coffee maker. hairdyer (bit weak), good tv, nice fitness area.

Room Tip: Higer floors are quieter, thought lower ones are not terrible. Corner suites are nice, but , to me...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple