“Convenient Manhattan Location for Broadway and Times Square”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #222 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Denver, CO
“Convenient Manhattan Location for Broadway and Times Square”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

You don't get much for the money in Manhattan, but this is a good place because of location. Rooms aren't very large for a Courtyard, and there is basically no view, other than looking into the windows of other buildings.
Rooms are clean, and staff is courteous and helpful.
If you are going to Broadway, Times Square, 30 Rock, they are all in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steveatus
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Steveatus,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our property have very limited views unfortunately. I am sorry your room looked onto other buildings in the area. I am however very pleased to hear that you found our location to be central to your needs while visiting our city. Thank you for your great review of our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope you will return to our hotel in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Once again we stayed at our favorite hotel in NYC. Centrally located to all transportation hubs, the friendly staff is always helpful. When there is a problem they make every attempt to ameliorate the situation. A couple in the room across the hall was using a strong aerosol to cover their smoking. We called the front desk who sent security immediately. The staff installed a fan and ionizer in the hall and gave us complimentary breakfast the next day.

Complimentary WiFi is available.

Most of the staff we know by name because there is a low turnover which speaks well for the management. We have stayed at many hotels throughout the world and this hotel ranks with the best brands as far as customer service.

Room Tip: If flying into the area, suggest you fly into Newark Liberty, take NJ Transit train ($12.75) from th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelWell040
Dear TravelWell040,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am terribly sorry you experienced an issue with a guest smoking in the hotel. I am however pleased to hear that our staff was able to take care of the situation at hand and make your stay more comfortable.
Thank you for being such a loyal guest to the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square. We look forward to having you in the future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Very tall hotel....

Very competitive price in terms of location and value for money.

Spotless rooms and Courtyards always seem to deliver in that respect.

Highly recommended for its location and prices

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear German L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and in NYC. I am very pleased to learn you found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with our Housekeeping department.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to having you back in the future!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A sweet small hotel. Price were high but very close to Times square and Broadways. High price room do not include breakfast. I stayed in July 2012 and for twin bedded room, hotel charged me $400. Due to good sleeping experience and cooperative staff and great location, I can say its worth it for new york experience. Must visit, good view from the room window.

Room Tip: Top floor and city facing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear NikhilGuptaPeeAar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you were able to get a room with view! I am glad you found the room to fit your needs. Our beds are very comfortable!
We hope to see you in the very near future!
WI
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My son and I stayed here for 6 nights during his spring break. The rooms were nice and clean. Every staff member I interacted with was very friendly. It's in a great spot, just a half block off Broadway and Times Square....so it's easy to walk places, but it is also quiet for sleeping. There is a cafe on the first floor for a quick breakfast. There are a number of great restaurants within a few blocks, and it's convenient to walk to the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and Central Park. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear WiMomwithteens,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you and your son enjoyed your trip to NYC. Our location is fantastic and I am so happy that you were able to visit all the great locations of the city.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to having you and your family in the future!
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great location just south of Times Square (theaters) and close enough to Penn Station & very close to many subway lines. The room was very much like the standard Courtyard room -- a decent-sized flat-screen TV with a nice selection of cable channels (several in HD), in-room safe, mini-fridge, iron & board, clock radio (don't try to get an AM signal), a nice work area with a rolling chair, lots of convenient electrical outlets, different lighting options & a nice thermometer that seemed to keep a steadier temperature than other NYC courtyards. The room was decent-sized by Manhattan standards.

The complementary in-room Wi-Fi was as presented upon log-in - OK for reading e-mail & basic browsing. For the ability to view any video, however, it would require paying an additional $4.95 fee for the upgraded Wi-Fi.

The bathroom had a weird (to me) dynamic that I've never seen - no full enclosure or curtain to the tub/shower - there was a plexiglass panel from the top of the tub to the ceiling that spanned the front half of length of the tub. So, any steam from the hot shower could not be retained & unless you don't mind getting the floor wet in there, taking a shower required standing in the very front of the enclosure and keeping relatively still (as the entire back half isn't enclosed). Also, the bathroom mirror is exactly opposite the tub/shower.

The hotel seemed a bit under-elevatored at times. It's about 40 stories & there are 4 elevator shafts, but one seemed reserved for staff, so some waits were long. The staff was friendly enough & the maid service did a fine job keeping it tidy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fried003
Dear fried003,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so sorry you did not like the set up of our recently renovated bathrooms. I will be sure to share your comments with our team in order to make improvements to the functionality of the bathrooms for our guests.
I was pleased to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and our location to fit your needs while visiting NYC.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to New York.
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at this property while visiting the city with my college age niece. She'd never been to New York City and I was treating her to a tourist weekend there while also working myself in Newark. Super easy to get to this location from EWR (Newark airport) via the air train and then one transfer to get to Penn Station - I'd say you then had a 10 minute walk to the hotel.

The hotel is easily walkable to Times Square - probably 5 minutes. There is a Starbucks right around the corner and a little drugstore just a few feet from the hotel entrance. Several subway stops are nearby, so we never even had the need for a cab during our visit.

The hotel itself was quite clean and had a "safe" feeling to it. Not a lot of frill, but honestly the room was larger than I expected and much larger than some previous experiences in this area with similar properties. Some designs to the room just made sense to make the small space function at its best - like the bathroom had a pocket door. I appreciated the mini fridge as we were able to buy some water at the corner store and then have it chilled in the room.

As we were in the area to see sites, I didn't spend much time at the property itself so I can't speak about the facility amenities. I'd definitely stay here again however for a similar type of visit. It was actually fun to have a partial view of the Empire State Building out of our hotel window. It was the first week of January, so the ESB was still lit with red and green lights at night.

Our room was ready when we arrived and they stored our bags on the last day since we did not depart until evening. Both of these were nice to experience without any hassle.

Room Tip: Request an ESB view if available
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear amylister,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our property. I am so pleased you and niece enjoyed your visit to NYC. Our hotel has an excellent location for all there is to do and see in the city. I am very happy you were able to get a room with a view of the Empire State Building, especially since it was your nieces first time in NYC.
Please keep us in mind the next time you visiting the New York area. We look forward to having you again!