Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
$309
$266
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$535
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$133
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
$188
  • Restaurant
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$98
  • Breakfast included
1,497 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarecourtyard marriottgreat locationnew yorkgreat view of the empire statepenn stationwould definitely stay here againduane readedrug storefew blocksbathroom doorice machineearly checkaround the cornermini fridgeroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A sweet small hotel. Price were high but very close to Times square and Broadways. High price room do not include breakfast. I stayed in July 2012 and for twin bedded room, hotel charged me $400. Due to good sleeping experience and cooperative staff and great location, I can say its worth it for new york experience. Must visit, good view from the room window.

Room Tip: Top floor and city facing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear NikhilGuptaPeeAar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you were able to get a room with view! I am glad you found the room to fit your needs. Our beds are very comfortable!
We hope to see you in the very near future!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My son and I stayed here for 6 nights during his spring break. The rooms were nice and clean. Every staff member I interacted with was very friendly. It's in a great spot, just a half block off Broadway and Times Square....so it's easy to walk places, but it is also quiet for sleeping. There is a cafe on the first floor for a quick breakfast. There are a number of great restaurants within a few blocks, and it's convenient to walk to the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and Central Park. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear WiMomwithteens,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you and your son enjoyed your trip to NYC. Our location is fantastic and I am so happy that you were able to visit all the great locations of the city.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to having you and your family in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great location just south of Times Square (theaters) and close enough to Penn Station & very close to many subway lines. The room was very much like the standard Courtyard room -- a decent-sized flat-screen TV with a nice selection of cable channels (several in HD), in-room safe, mini-fridge, iron & board, clock radio (don't try to get an AM signal), a nice work area with a rolling chair, lots of convenient electrical outlets, different lighting options & a nice thermometer that seemed to keep a steadier temperature than other NYC courtyards. The room was decent-sized by Manhattan standards.

The complementary in-room Wi-Fi was as presented upon log-in - OK for reading e-mail & basic browsing. For the ability to view any video, however, it would require paying an additional $4.95 fee for the upgraded Wi-Fi.

The bathroom had a weird (to me) dynamic that I've never seen - no full enclosure or curtain to the tub/shower - there was a plexiglass panel from the top of the tub to the ceiling that spanned the front half of length of the tub. So, any steam from the hot shower could not be retained & unless you don't mind getting the floor wet in there, taking a shower required standing in the very front of the enclosure and keeping relatively still (as the entire back half isn't enclosed). Also, the bathroom mirror is exactly opposite the tub/shower.

The hotel seemed a bit under-elevatored at times. It's about 40 stories & there are 4 elevator shafts, but one seemed reserved for staff, so some waits were long. The staff was friendly enough & the maid service did a fine job keeping it tidy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fried003

Dear fried003,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so sorry you did not like the set up of our recently renovated bathrooms. I will be sure to share your comments with our team in order to make improvements to the functionality of the bathrooms for our guests.
I was pleased to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and our location to fit your needs while visiting NYC.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to New York.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at this property while visiting the city with my college age niece. She'd never been to New York City and I was treating her to a tourist weekend there while also working myself in Newark. Super easy to get to this location from EWR (Newark airport) via the air train and then one transfer to get to Penn Station - I'd say you then had a 10 minute walk to the hotel.

The hotel is easily walkable to Times Square - probably 5 minutes. There is a Starbucks right around the corner and a little drugstore just a few feet from the hotel entrance. Several subway stops are nearby, so we never even had the need for a cab during our visit.

The hotel itself was quite clean and had a "safe" feeling to it. Not a lot of frill, but honestly the room was larger than I expected and much larger than some previous experiences in this area with similar properties. Some designs to the room just made sense to make the small space function at its best - like the bathroom had a pocket door. I appreciated the mini fridge as we were able to buy some water at the corner store and then have it chilled in the room.

As we were in the area to see sites, I didn't spend much time at the property itself so I can't speak about the facility amenities. I'd definitely stay here again however for a similar type of visit. It was actually fun to have a partial view of the Empire State Building out of our hotel window. It was the first week of January, so the ESB was still lit with red and green lights at night.

Our room was ready when we arrived and they stored our bags on the last day since we did not depart until evening. Both of these were nice to experience without any hassle.

Room Tip: Request an ESB view if available
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear amylister,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our property. I am so pleased you and niece enjoyed your visit to NYC. Our hotel has an excellent location for all there is to do and see in the city. I am very happy you were able to get a room with a view of the Empire State Building, especially since it was your nieces first time in NYC.
Please keep us in mind the next time you visiting the New York area. We look forward to having you again!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's in a great spot. I could walk here from Penn Station and then to everywhere I wanted to see around Midtown and a bit beyond. Of course the subway is right on the corner as well if you'd like to explore even further. I was on the 14th (13th) floor, 39th St side of the building, and noise from the outside was not at all a problem. Sporadic sirens and horns were audible but never at all intrusive or interrupting sleep.

Beside the hotel is a Duane Reade (Walgreens) which has quite a bit crammed into it and was very convenient to pick up snacks and drinks.

Check-in was efficient. The elevators were always fast; there are three and I don't think I ever waited more than thirty seconds for one. At the lobby level there's almost always one sitting there with its door open, waiting to serve.

The door to the room is the type that lets in all of the noise from the hallway. Luckily each floor is only a handful of rooms, so there generally isn't a lot of noise out the halls. The walls seemed very well soundproofed, with only the "WOOSH" sound of the water-saver toilets making it through.

I did have an instance where a loud crowd of drunk people came back to a room near mine at 5:00am on a Sunday morning and decided to scream at the top of their lungs. After listening to this for a half hour, I finally called the front desk and alerted them to the problem. Within two minutes the building's security staff had put an end to the noise and I had no other noise disturbances throughout my stay. I was happy with the very prompt response and I wish I had called sooner.

The bed was comfy and soft. HVAC noise was not intrusive. The bathroom had a shower which I appreciate so much more than a tub because of the extra space it provides, and the glass enclosure instead of a shower curtain added to the spacious feeling.

The room was decently decorated with carpeting that was in good shape, though I felt some spots were a bit rougher than typical for Courtyard in the details. The nightstands had glass tops on them that were about a quarter inch too small for the hole they were filling, inviting a buildup of crumbs. The ceiling had been patched but nobody painted over the spackle when they were done. The ceiling in the bathroom had odd yellow stains on it. A spot in the shower looked like it had markings where somebody had planned to drill for the door hinges but never did. The dark pocket door to the bathroom was splashed with some sort of white substance I'm going to assume was toothpaste.

Overall I thought this location was a good base for Midtown exploration.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jonathan L
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear ElJay001,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I am pleased to learn you found our location to be convenient to your needs while in NYC.
I also want to thank you for informing me of some of the short comings you experienced in your guest room. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping team in order to improve our services.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.