“Great location good clean rooms”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #222 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great location good clean rooms”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just checked out of the hotel. We stayed here for 7 nights. We were meant to stay for four but our flights got cancelled so we stayed on as we loved the place. It is not a 5 star hotel but the location is great, the staff are welcoming and nice, the rooms are clean.The housekeeping team need a special mention as they were accommodating.

We had breakfast at the restaurant once and it was rubbish so apart from the restaurant this is a great cheap and cheerful place to stay in New York. There are also plenty of restaurants, Delis and coffee houses nearby

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floor. The lifts are quick and that way the room won't be very noisy a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leylahni
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I an delighted to learn you found the staff to be accomodating and the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast in our restuarant. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team in order to improve our services.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Quick one night stay for a birthday party in the city. The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. I'm picky with hotel bathrooms, and I'm happy to report that the bathroom was very nice, updated and clean. The hotel has a great location. And honored a competitors price which made it extremely affordable. If we ever need to stay in the city again, this is the hotel I would book with.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 5cohunters
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am so happy to learn you enjoyed your Birthday at our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. Im very pleased you found your room to be clean and refreshing.
We look forward to your return in the future.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well initial greeting was pleasant hotel receptionist was great but not as friendly as previous stays at various location as I travel with work. This was a pleasure trip to bring in the New Years in New York City. Room was tiny and very basic compared to accommodations at other Marriott locations. We celebrated New Years 2014 in the lobby they have small nooks which are nice. Near the nosh bar which serves food and drinks. I had the worst test of patience from this guy that was working the nosh bar New Year's Eve. I simply asked him for ice for cups I provided. And he say you have to wait I said nothing then a couple of minutes pass and he says you just have to wait. He was being rude and I didn't understand as I was patient. Really lacks customer service.I was pissed and I did not let him ruin my night I just took my ice from him and left. Will never visit again marriott reward member

2 Thank F4827VUjohnw
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive for your best overall satisfaction. Unfortunately we came up short this time by not providing you with superior customer service. I can assure you that this will be reviewed with our staff members.
Thank you for being our guest. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 212-391-0088.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just spent 3 nights in this hotel for NYE with my family in a double-bed room. The great location near times square and NYE explain why this was overprice. I have to say that the overall experience is rather very basic and disappointing: the bathroom door is a sliding door so not very good for the odor, breakfast is very limited in choice and quantity (we had breakfast included but had to pay extra at checkout as there's a flat rate per person), and most importantly, my skin got itchy during the night and i left the hotel having pimples on my belly and back. Dunno where it comes from, I just know i got itchy while in bed and ended up having rashes like i got bitten by some unknown stuff. Except that, I think the hotel would have been a good deal thanks to its location, and during low season, not for NYE.

2 Thank May249
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn about your recent stay at our property. If at all possible, I would like to speak to you regarding your comments. I would like to further investigate any issues that occured during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at 212-391-0088. I look forward to speaking with you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hard to beat location for sightseeing, very close to Bryant Park but away from all the crazy-ness of Times Square. It was a bit tricky finding a spot outside for the valet to take the car (they will only take if parked directly outside.) Comfortable beds and plenty of room for a city hotel, three of us shared a room with no problem. There is a coffee-maker in the room and we grabbed food at a local deli for breakfast since there is a fridge in the room. All the staff were nice and helpful.

1 Thank Susan116
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to learn you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great location for a fun trip! This hotel is close to all that you want to see, the subway and the train station. Lots of places nearby to grab breakfast and get on with your day. Rooms were modern and clean, staff was friendly. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I am so pleased you found the staff to be helpful and the location to fit your needs. I agree with you, the location cannot be beat! Thank you for being our guest.We look forward to being of service to you in the future.
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The rooms are clean and modern. The staff was helpful and polite. The hotel was walking distance to Times Square but still quiet. The room was small, but it had too beds in it and it is Manhattan. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew B
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your business trip in NY. Thank you for your great comments about our rooms and staff.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your return in the future!