Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hilton.com
$236
$205
Hilton.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
  • Pool
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$222
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
1,496 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarecourtyard marriottgreat locationnew yorkgreat view of the empire statepenn stationwould definitely stay here againduane readedrug storefew blocksbathroom doorice machineearly checkaround the cornermini fridgeroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I travelled with friends for a 4-day trip in May 2013. The location is incredible, and tucked away well-south enough of TImes Square that the lights, noise and generally insanity won't bother you when you finally return to soak your tired feet and sleep.

Walking distance to theatre district, Grand Central and Bryant Park, and to shopping on 34th street (Macys, DSW, Victoria's Secret.... the list could go on and on). Right in the Fashion District, great fabric and notion stores directly behind the hotel. Train/subway station entrance at the corner, gets you directly on the red line at 40th. Many delis, late-night pizza places, and even a Tim Horton's (still TImmies, but with a New York spin on the menu) for Canadians who need their double double.

The Courtyard has wine in the lobby for sale at the convenience/snack bar, but there is also a small selection of wine and beer at the corner drugstore (I think it is a Walgreens). The Desk was quick to find our reservation and checked us in immediately. We arrived around noon, and the lobby was busy but the staff were quick, courteous, and the hotel seemed to be well-staffed. We spoke with the lady at the Concierge desk several times over our stay to ask for maps, to order a car for our return trip to the airport (JFK), and to inquire about restaurants and last-minute tickets for Broadway. The service was friendly and did not push products or services that the hotel may have a vested interest in. As we had a later-afternoon flight home, we checked out at 10:00 am and left our bags with the porter in the lobby. Bags were checked in with efficiency and a smile, and when we returned later in the day to collect them, we were greeted again with a smile and swift service.

The room was comfortable, clean, and very well maintained. Beds were extremely comfortable (though after long days of walking and exploring all that the city has to offer, I imagine one might fall asleep just about anywhere) and there was plenty of room to sit, chat, and enjoy a libation with friends before bed or heading out to see a show. Maid service was good, the room had always been remade upon our returns mid-afternoon to drop-off shopping or when we came back to change for dinner. This is NYC, so I wasn't expecting much space in the hotel room, but again, was pleased at the space (was travelling with 2 friends, three adults comfortably co-existed).

We did not use the gym or visit the hotel lounge/restaurant/cocktail snack bar, but had a look in passing, and they all looked to be modern, inviting and used by other travellers.

I can't wait to return, and this location will be at the top of my list when shopping for a hotel. I've also made this a strong recommendation to friends. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful, thorough review of our hotel. I am so happy you and your friends found the staff to be helpful and the rooms to be comfortable and clean. I agree with you, the location of our hotel is fantastic for shopping! It is so close to many great stores and restuarants.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I may be a little bias writing this as I am a Platinum member of Marriott Rewards. As such, I sometimes get better rooms. Our room was no exception. I asked for a view of the Empire State Building and got it (based on the photos posted here I knew they existed). From the moment we arrived to the time we left, the staff made us feel welcome. The lobby and our room was in tip-top shape. They had Christmas music playing in the elevator, a plus!

The location of the hotel is perfect. I HATE Times Square. Hate it. There is no reason to go there unless you are seeing a show. That said, this location is closer to Bryant Park (which is awesome and one of my favorite places in the city). There is a Subway line a half a block in either direction making it ideal to see the city. Because it is close to Bryant Park, there are a number of good restaurants close by, including Koi. As there is always something going on in Bryant Park, its worth the short walk to see.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the city and I would not hesitate to book this one again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TMSTZ12
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to learn you found our rooms to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly and helpful.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I met my daughter for a quick weekend in the city. The location of this hotel is excellent. A half block from Bryant Park and the subway and close to the madness of Times Square. Close to Rockefeller Center and the theatre district too and even a walkable distance to Central Park.

The lobby always seemed a bit crowded but the room was wonderful! Decent size (would be a little small for an extended stay but we were out seeing the sights anyway), modern and quiet! It looks as though the rooms were renovated not too long ago. Beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Wi-Fi worked fine and TV had plenty of channels to choose from. There's a mini-fridge (not mini-bar) in the room so you can keep drinks or snacks in the room and, as others have mentioned, there's a Duane Reade half a block away to stock up.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your trip to New York. I am very happy you and your family found our location to be convenient to the attractions you wanted to visit while in New York.
Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Arrive late dec-5/ we called to let the hotel know that we were delayed to be expecting us.We were given a handicapped room on the six floor facing the back alley.Never told it was a handicapped room until we got there, when we called from desk a lady said "we are completely booked" .Finally we were switch to a new room.There was no hot water to shower, it was around 1:00 am, front desk said "we are completely booked"we had to go to bed without showering.Room 903 bathroom smelled like food all the time.Valet needs to have an umbrella so guest do not get wet while hoping into taxi. We paid $1700+ for three nights, great location/ will go somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for giving us a chance to accomodate your needs. We strive for your best overall satisfaction. Unfortunately we came up short this time by not providing the proper room type upon check in. I would also like to apologize about the issues you faced with the temperature of water in your shower. We will be looking into this issue immediately.
Thank you for being our guest. I hope you will consider giving us a chance in the future. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend in November for some holiday festivities such as NYC shopping and the Christmas Pageant at Radio City. The hotel was very in some the weekend. The room was a decent size for two people. I would recommend possibly a large room for an extended stay. It could get a little close after awhile. The bed and furniture were very nice and comfortable. We were not in the room too much, but when we were it worked well. The location of the hotel is great. I love being able to work out and be right around everything. There is nothing better then that. It just takes a lot of the hassle out of New York City which I like. I do not have anything bad to say about the hotel really. The concierge recommended an italian restaurant the last night we were there and it was a huge disappointment. I can't remember the name to well. It was Remi's or Remo's, something like that. Anyway that place was awful. The service was some of the worst I ever had in my life. The waiter was never around and when we would finally get him he treated us like absolute garbage. Sorry going on a rant about a different place. Courtyard Marriot is a nice hotel for a quick weekend

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
jennifer_spensieri, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to New York and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry the restaurant our concierge recommended was not enjoyable. I will share your feedback with our concierge team.
Thank you for being our guest. We hope to be of service to you in the future.