“Great Hotel, Close to Central Park/Broadway!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Da Vinci Hotel

Da Vinci Hotel
Ranked #340 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Hotel, Close to Central Park/Broadway!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We choose this hotel based on its location and price, and we couldn't have chosen a better one! We were able to check in earlier than expected and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Initial thought of the room was nice, two standard double beds, tv, desk, and mini fridge. Beds were clean :) The bathroom was very nice, marble floors/walls/shower/tub. The water from the shower was a little temperamental...in the early morning the temperature was extremely hot, a little unbearable, but it cooled off later in the day. So if you can take a shower at night or afternoon, do so. Otherwise it was a great hotel and great stay. Continental breakfast with muffins and breads, coffee and tea were nice. Great place to stay! I would definitely consider staying here again for my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Amanda E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights, was a great location so close to times square and central park, we could pretty much walk everywhere, the rooms themselves are nothing spectacular, but they will do for somewhere to sleep, the beds were a bit hard and if I wasnt exhausted from the days activities I dont know how I would go sleeping on them, the rooms were always clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would probably stay here again for the location!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank littlebit1985
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This small hotel is perfectly located to transportation, to Central Park, and to Lincoln Center. The staff was very helpful and the small breakfast was perfect for the morning. Nothing was fancy but all was more than adequate. We had to ask for help at the desk three times: to have the room done before the early afternoon so we could nap before going to the Met Opera, to reset the TV as it was not working, and to get new keys as ours stopped working. All three requests were handled with curtesy and efficiency. I would highly recommend the restaurant in the basement too - excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Hotel room is simple and comfortable. Staff was/is really fantastic..When I come back to NY, I will stay here. Location is great.

I had reservations at another hotel for my next visit, but I have canceled so I can come back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff H
Issaquah, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

our experience at the Da Vinci Hotel was sufficiently bad that i am writing my first-ever negative review in the hope that you will be spared our experience and expense:

day 1: Room 204: the TV did not work. It was advertised with a TV. I requested it be fixed, the clerk said it would be. The room was very hot, the heater control knob was missing, we could not adjust it. The clerk said it would be fixed. Neither the TV nor the heat control were fixed.
day 2: Neither the heat nor the TV were not fixed I observed the cable box was not present. Early that afternoon, the clerk promised a different room with a working TV. By night time, that night, there still was not an alternate room available.
day 3: In the morning, the clerk promised that we would have a different room with a working TV by noon that day. We packed up the luggage and left it in 204, ready to move. When we returned at 5:30 PM I was given a key to room 504. Upon arriving at room 504 with our luggage, we found that the maids were early in the cleaning process. The room was not ready. The desk told us that the previous occupants had been given a late checkout. We were unable to return to room 204 as our electronic keys no longer worked for that room. We sat in the lobby with our luggage waiting, missing our 6 PM appointment. About 6:30 PM, we were informed that the maids completed their cleaning. We went to the room with our luggage but were unable to enter as our keys had not been activated. We returned to the lobby and received valid keys, and finally got access to the room. The TV in room 504 did not work. We called the desk, Joe came up, over an hour later he got the box connected and it then worked.
day 3: leaving the room in the morning, we found that the ,the door stuck so hard neither of us could open it to get out – a real fire hazard. Joe came and opened it from the outside, providing a barrage of patronizing comments.

The room charges had been paid via visa. The hotel refused to make any adjustment whatever in acknowledgement of our concerns.

Room Tip: Selecting a good room will not cure bad service.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
9 Thank 2corgis_11

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently stayed for five days and there were no problems. No surprises, no frills, no problem.
Location is excellent. Staff was very helpful, especially Jennifer. Then again, I'm independent and don't require a lot of problem solving. I've been staying here for about 8 or 9 years now, and I wouldn't return if I thought it was bad. Just don't expect to be pampered.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tom W
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Location is excellent, very close to Central Park and only a few blocks from Times Sq. Subway is also very close (we used this everyday) to get to anywhere in New York.

We wanted a cheap, safe hotel that was in a great location and we got exactly what we paid for. If you are very bothered about the hotel you stay in I would not advise here, but we left every morning at 7.30 and arrived back at 10pm so we literally only wanted somewhere comfortable and reliable to stay.

Breakfast that is included is nothing special; tea/coffee, pastries, but we wanted to eat breakfast every morning to get to know the city more.

The only negative thing is the views from the window, it wasn't looking onto the city but we didn't mind this as we wanted to be out in the city rather than look at it through a window.

• Stayed March 2014