“Very nice”
Review of Moderne Hotel

Moderne Hotel
Ranked #83 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is pretty awesome as well! The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. I am looking forward to my next business trip down to the city, I will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Ryan H,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return so that I may personally arrange your accommodations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Moderne Hotel

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel is rather typical of small boutique hotel at value price. Rooms were a bit dark but quite sufficient if only sleeping, showering, etc. Nice add is the guest lounge with coffee, drinks and breakfast pound cake. The main plus is the staff. They really go out of their way to be friendly, helpful and responsive! If you dont need a lot of luxury, this hotel is a great place to lay your head while you visit NYC! Great location too!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly23

Dear Kelly23,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It also warms us to hear that you felt the service provided by the staff was both helpful and friendly. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return so that I may personally arrange your accommodations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel is in a great location: ten minutes from Times Square and five from Columbus Circle (lots of subway lines) and Central Park.

All the staff are very helpful and friendly.

The room was fantastic. Huge comfy bed, good shower and decor.

Tea and coffee in the guest lounge were very welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Clareball,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you found your stay to be both brilliant and welcoming. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the location, Guest Lounge, and the friendly service provided by the staff. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return so that I may personally arrange your accommodations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is nice hotel in a great location (convenient to mid-town attractions). The staff was very friendly and the rooms very nice. I liked the modern look and feel. Our room had a few minor flaws but nothing that would keep me from recommending a stay to family or friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony R,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is brilliant, I highly recommend it.

The staff are very welcoming and polite.

We was upgraded to the suite because it was both of our 21st birthdays and received a cake shortly after checking in.

The rooms are very clean and kept clean daily by the housekeeping.

The hotel is very well located just between central park and times square. We visited these places a lot and could walk instead of paying out for taxis.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kianr93,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us! We are also pleased that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Junior Suite for your birthday celebration. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return so that I may personally arrange your accommodations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had a room where the heat did not work and they had no additional rooms to move me to. I should have been offered another Hotel room at another property. My room was 59 degrees throughout the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Jim F,
Thank you for your review. We regret that you had issues with heat during your first night. However, we hope that the move to a warmer room and the discount that was provided for the first night made your stay more enjoyable. Your comments are greatly appreciated and have been forwarded to the appropriate departments. Please reach out to me if you wish to discuss the details of your stay further. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and earn your 5 stars.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a bday celebration. The location is great. I had 2 rooms. We weren't able to be on the same floor. My brothers room seemed fine. My room had some water leakage from the radiator and when I got my towels down in the shower they were mildew. There clearly was some water problems. Also some drunk residents near us but that was take care of. The staff is most helpful and parking is the best overnite price in ny. Not sure why there is still an old sign on the door from 2000 something about the building being condemned! They compensated me for my room. Robbie is most helpful

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lharp921
Angela F, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us including the service you received. However, we regret to hear that there were some aspects of your stay that were not ideal. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Please reach out to me whenever you wish to return so that I may personally arrange your accommodations and ensure that your next stay is perfect. We hope to welcome you back soon!