“Excellent Hotel and Really Good Value For Money”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #158 of 466 Hotels in New York City
stoke on trent
“Excellent Hotel and Really Good Value For Money”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed here for 1 week at the end of january.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, its location is superb - just off 8th Avenue, and its superb value for money.

We arrived at around 1pm and did have to wait for our room , we were given the option to change rooms , but they had taken note of my request for a high floor room and of the fact it was my girlfriends birthday - and advised us they had saved us one of there best rooms if we didnt mind waiting, when we checked in after a short wait we were not let down by this promise.

Whilst we were waiting for our room , we were both hungry so we decided to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel. Here we experienced superb quality food and excellent service - if the hotel had been in a different location (ie not in new york) we would have eaten here every night, but in new york you have to explore the many eateries. There are many of which in the immediate vacinity of the hotel, we tried ; bubba gump shrimp and roxy's diner on times square, spiced fusion indian restaurant near to the hotel, along with the bar / grill nearby. All of these superb, but the hotel was on par with them! There is also an excellent food emporiam adjacent to the hotel, which serves just about everything from fantastic deli sandwichs to pizzas to cakes! We stayed in and watched a film one night and had a pic nic from the deli on the bed.

Anyway back to the room, The friendly door staff brought our bags up to the room (and were given the usual new york tip), as previously mentioned it was my girlfriends birthday so i had pre ordered some flowers and a teddy bear to be left in the room as a suprise , from the excellent stephanie and gabi on the concierge desk. These were there waiting for her along with a complimentary goody bag , tray of cup cakes and a birthday card from the hotel which i thought was a really nice touch.

The rooms are a good size, our bed was fantastic - if you cant get a good nights sleep in that bed then you can never get a good nights sleep! It has to be the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Believe me .. after a hard days sight seeing you feet need a comfortable bed like that! The TV was very good, flat screen, HD. There was a microwave in the room which i thought was a nice idea too. We were on the 14th floor and were not disturbed by the slight noise from the street - yes you could here the fire engines from the adjacent fire engine every so often, but this is new york ! Its all part of the fun!

Our bathroom was again a decent size and the complimentary toileteries were good, you even get mouthwash!

You also receive a free of charge daily newspaper under your door every morning.

We took breakfast in the hotel on a few occasions, after trying a couple of diners we decided that the hotel was better ! I could not get enough of those pancakes and maple syrup. The staff at breakfast were also amazingly friendly.

The only other thing to mention about the hotel was the free of charge business centre offering free internet and unlimited printing - which we found very useful for printing out subway maps / ticket details etc.

Finally id just like to thank all the fantastic staff in the hotel and the restaurant for making our stay such a pleasant one.

We will definetly be back , and i encourage others to stay in this hotel too - you will not be let down.

1 Thank tris_tris
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Dear Tris_Tris,

Thank for choosing to stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

My name is Jennifer Reyes, DIrector of Guest Experience for the hotel. I always share guests comments on the hotel with my team and will make sure especially that Stephanie and Gaby, are recognized for their great service. I am extrememly happy to hear that we were able to make your girlfriend's birthday extra special.

All the best and look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2010

A friend and I just spent two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. Great location-Port Authority to the hotel was a quick 5 minute walk. We attended two plays in the evening and were able to walk to both theaters and felt extremely safe returning at night. Rockefeller Center a ten minute walk. Great service-personnel at the front desk were extremely polite; the concierge was very enthusiastic providing subway locations, restaurant suggestions and helped purchasing tickets. Since I am a gold member, breakfast was included. Usually, that means a buffet, but the restaurant, Pigelle, provided an order off the menu breakfast, which was excellent. This French restaurant does a nice before theater dinner buisness. My friend and I enjoyed excellent mussels, a bacon and onion tart (like a pizza) and excellent cocktails for a very reasonable price. The room was on the twelfth floor and had two queen size beds with duvets, microwave, and refrigerator. Use of computer in the buisness center was free! I definitely plan on staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Spacious room with very good bed. Fine service and good restaurant.
Don't know about the breakfast; we did'nt have that in the hotel.
Heard a bit of noise from the subway sometimes, but didn't find that disturbing.

1 Thank ascp
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This was my first visit to New York with my girlfriend. After searching hotels forever I came across the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square which was slightly cheaper than others in the area yet still a 3 star with fantastic reviews in general on Trip Advisor. All I can say is this hotel was certainly as good as many of the reviews on here make it out to be. The rooms were very roomy, we were on the 9th floor overlooking 8th Avenue. Rooms were cleaned and sheets changed every day with new towels provided. The only minor problem was the frequent noise from the nearby fire station however it added to the atmosphere of staying in a busy city. The staff were very friendly and polite and helpful if you had any questions. We were asked to move rooms about three days into our week stay due to some problem that needing fixing in the room, although somewhat of a pain they did provide us with a complimentary breakfast the next day worth around $40 which made up for it. The Pigalle restaurant was good for breakfast however slighyly on the expensive side, I did not eat there for any other male so I cannot comment how it is for lunch or an evening meal. The hotel is located within walking distance of many attractions and very close to local subways. There are lots of places to eat in the area however due to the proximity to Time Square I would suggest picking places carefully if on a budget as places in the area can be quite expensive to eat. I would certainly stay at this hotel again should I return to New York!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Jennifer_Reyes, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Dear Lee0907,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments on The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square.
I am delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us and your time in our very busy city. We are; however, sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with the outside noise and room move. I really do appreciate you giving us the opportunity to recover from any setbacks.

I am always happy to hear direct feedback on the hotel and service. I am very aware that our guests expectations for service evolve and that any great hotel must evolve as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Warmest Regards,
Jennfier Reyes
Director of Guest Expereince
UK
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The location of this hotel is almost perfect. Just 2 minutes from Times Square, but of all the reviews of this hotel that I read they all failed to mention that it is next door to a fire staion. Even up on the 11th floor it felt like the engine was passing through my room. Earplugs were a life saver! The only other neagative I found was that at peak times (ie 8am) the water was only warm, not hot.
Other than that, the staff were fantastic, it was my birthday during my stay and they had left me a card and cake in my room! They were always smiling and willing to help and the maids did an excellent job of keeping the hotel and our room spotless.
I also think the beds are worthy of note - quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have slept on!
In all, a really good base to explore NYC and I would return here again.

boltonian1
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at the Garden Inn for NYE until 6th Jan. Staff on arrival were very helpful and throughout our stay. The room was very nice large LCD TV, microwave, coffee making facilities, little fridge and a nice large comfy bed had a great view out on to 8th from the top floor.
The location was great right next to times square delis and pubs, shops etc. all around the hotel. Had free cookies and coffee in the lobby a little shop and computer room also had wifi throughout the hotel.

All in all brilliant hotel nothing wrong here at all would recommend to all. Forgot to mention Pigalle the restaraunt on the bottom floor of the hotel amazing food and fast room service!!

Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed in Hilton Garden Inn Times Square for 8 nights in the middle of January. We liked our hotel very much. The staff was very helpful and all the times we needed something there was at least 1 or 2 people in front of the reception willing to help us. We liked the fact that in the morning you could find free coffee at the etrance level and the lady sitting in the tourist information desk was very helpful and arranged us our Harlem tour. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel because we prefered to eat our breakfast in small cafes around the neighbourhood, so we don't have an opinion about it. Concerning the rooms: we stayed in the 12th floor in a very spacious and nice room. It was very clean, the bed very confortable and we had wireless internet for free in very rapid speed. Inside the room there was also micro-wave, fridge and very big TV. The cleaning ladies everyday tided up our room and we were happy to find it clean and tidy at night when we returned at night.
The location of the hotel is very good as well; just 5 minutes walking distance from most of the broadway shows and times Square, with a great metro station just opposite, nice small restaurants all around, it was an ideal choice. Even though it's central we didn't have any problem with the noise coming from the street; but i suppose if you are in lower floors you might not be able to sleep very comfortably. The only thing i noticed was that sometimes at night the air condition of next rooms made noise, but it was not so important.
In total, we enjoyed very much our trip to New York partly thanx to this wonderful hotel!

1 Thank Bosporos