Stayed here for 1 week at the end of january.
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, its location is superb - just off 8th Avenue, and its superb value for money.
We arrived at around 1pm and did have to wait for our room , we were given the option to change rooms , but they had taken note of my request for a high floor room and of the fact it was my girlfriends birthday - and advised us they had saved us one of there best rooms if we didnt mind waiting, when we checked in after a short wait we were not let down by this promise.
Whilst we were waiting for our room , we were both hungry so we decided to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel. Here we experienced superb quality food and excellent service - if the hotel had been in a different location (ie not in new york) we would have eaten here every night, but in new york you have to explore the many eateries. There are many of which in the immediate vacinity of the hotel, we tried ; bubba gump shrimp and roxy's diner on times square, spiced fusion indian restaurant near to the hotel, along with the bar / grill nearby. All of these superb, but the hotel was on par with them! There is also an excellent food emporiam adjacent to the hotel, which serves just about everything from fantastic deli sandwichs to pizzas to cakes! We stayed in and watched a film one night and had a pic nic from the deli on the bed.
Anyway back to the room, The friendly door staff brought our bags up to the room (and were given the usual new york tip), as previously mentioned it was my girlfriends birthday so i had pre ordered some flowers and a teddy bear to be left in the room as a suprise , from the excellent stephanie and gabi on the concierge desk. These were there waiting for her along with a complimentary goody bag , tray of cup cakes and a birthday card from the hotel which i thought was a really nice touch.
The rooms are a good size, our bed was fantastic - if you cant get a good nights sleep in that bed then you can never get a good nights sleep! It has to be the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Believe me .. after a hard days sight seeing you feet need a comfortable bed like that! The TV was very good, flat screen, HD. There was a microwave in the room which i thought was a nice idea too. We were on the 14th floor and were not disturbed by the slight noise from the street - yes you could here the fire engines from the adjacent fire engine every so often, but this is new york ! Its all part of the fun!
Our bathroom was again a decent size and the complimentary toileteries were good, you even get mouthwash!
You also receive a free of charge daily newspaper under your door every morning.
We took breakfast in the hotel on a few occasions, after trying a couple of diners we decided that the hotel was better ! I could not get enough of those pancakes and maple syrup. The staff at breakfast were also amazingly friendly.
The only other thing to mention about the hotel was the free of charge business centre offering free internet and unlimited printing - which we found very useful for printing out subway maps / ticket details etc.
Finally id just like to thank all the fantastic staff in the hotel and the restaurant for making our stay such a pleasant one.
We will definetly be back , and i encourage others to stay in this hotel too - you will not be let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton