Sorry this review is a little late!
We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square the last weekend of June (26th - 29th) and would definitely go back.
Check-in: We arrived in NYC very early (7am) and were at the hotel by 8am. I had not expected to check in at all, but when we dropped our bags off, they told us they were currently cleaning several rooms and that we could check in early around 10am instead of 3pm. We left and ran around Times Square and stopped back at 10am and were told that the room was still was not ready...so, we stopped back in around 1:30..still not ready. I would have been totally fine with not checking in until 3pm as expected if I had not been promised an early check-in time. That was kind of upsetting. But, it is NYC and there was plenty to do while we were waiting, so it was only a minor irritation.
Rooms: Small. But it is NYC and it is hard to find a spacious room unless you are paying top $$ for a suite. For the amount of time we were in the room, it was perfectly fine. FYI: the bathroom is especially small. There was a frig and microwave which was perfect for storing extra drinks and heating up leftovers from lunch/dinner.
Housekeeping: Well, the first two days we were gone all day and did not get back until after 6pm. The room was very clean and we had fresh towels. However, on our last day, we arrived back at the hotel earlier than usual to get ready for a show and the room had not been touched. Housekeeping was on our floor, but way down the other end of the hall. This was at 4:30pm. Keep in mind we left at 8am, so they had 8 1/2 hours to get to our room. So, we told them not to bother and had them switch out all our dirty towels.
Food: there is a restaurant attached to the hotel called Pigalle. Being a Hilton Honors member, we had free breakfast included in our stay. The hotel provides coupons that we were to give to the hostess as we were being seated. I noticed that Hilton Honors members received a totally different menu than regular guests. However, in my opinion, there was a nice selection of about 5 different options to choose from. It was more than enough to get us on our way..and not mention, I would not want to pay full price for the actual menu items. So, if you are not a HH member, you may want to skip eating here and venture out on the streets and experience a good old fashioned street vendor for breakfast!!!
Hotel amenities: The concierge was wonderful. She was able to get us sold out tickets to Chicago and give up directions to anywhere we wanted to go. There is a small pantry in the lobby to buy snacks and beverages. At first I thought they were going to charge and arm and a leg, but we stopped to get some cokes and surprisingly, they were only $1.50.
Location: This was the best part about the hotel. It was less than two blocks to the heart of Times Square and Broadway. Close enough without having to pay tons of $$ to stay close. The red and blue lines were also one block away, which was convenient for connecting to anywhere in the city. There was a grocery store and shops directly across the street and all kinds of bars and restaurants on all corners. We even found a Steeler's bar one block around the corner from our hotel!! Go to Hurley's if you love the Steelers.
The only drawback that I was concerned about when reading all of the reviews on here was the noise from the nearby fire station. All I can say is that we were on the 11th floor on the same side of the street as the fire department and I only heard the trucks a couple of times. This was early evening. However, I never heard them late at night and they did not disrupt our sleep.
If you are looking for a very convenient location, this is absolutely it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton