This hotel is perfectly acceptable, and 100% fine for a place to sleep/shower while visiting New York City. The 8th avenue location affords easy access to Times Square, and lots of restaurants and shops are easily accessible from here. Seems like a very safe area, with lots of foot traffic late into the night.
Be aware - there is a fire station just a half-block from the hotel, and you'll hear sirens frequently (unless you don't have a front-facing room).
The little things I mentioned?
1. The pre-check-in email from the "Guest Experience Manager," which I thought was a nice touch (although likely a mailchimp or constantcontact generated email) offering various services, including a scratch-off ticket for a possible "free night" voucher, but that was never offered upon checkout. Funnily enough, when we were headed to the front desk to check out, this specific Guest Experience Manager shared our elevator, yet she never smiled, spoke up, asked how we were, asked if we needed assistance - all of which are quite common from EVERY employee of a Hilton property - I was kind of surprised.
2. Peeling wallpaper. Seriously. It's a matter of a strategically applied glue stick.
3. The adjustable shower head was not adjustable. Just the "wide" spray, coupled with NYC's very soft water, makes rinsing soap/shampoo a laborious process.
4. The on-site restaurant is ridiculously expensive for the breakfast buffet, even by NYC standards ($22/person).
5. Bathroom ventilation. I'm not talking about smells... I'm talking about condensation from the shower. Every time we showered, water would bead up upon the ceiling and drip onto the floor--or us--constantly.
Other than that - the hotel is extremely clean. The bell staff are courteous and helpful. Vouchers for free water from the little on-site store were nice.
If all you want is a clean place to sleep, this would be fine, but it's truly over-priced for that.
We didn't use the in-room microwave, but the fridge was nice.
Spend the extra $30/night for the Hilton Times Square. Worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton