“New York”

Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn was located in a great and convient location. We had no problems with check in and the room was clean and spacious compared to other time square hotels. It is located on busy 8th Avenue, so the higher floors is more quiet!

2  Thank lashawn s
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello lashawn s,
Thank you for sharing your comments with travel community. It’s great to know that the hotel location was convenient to your needs and that you enjoyed comfort of our rooms.
I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed for four nights and found this a perfect location for a visit to NYC and at a good price. Macy's and many other major shopping places just around the corner, Broadway and Penn Station just a few blocks away. Subway station next door. We had a room with two double beds, they were very comfortable and the room was clean. Room was rather small but since we only slept there, it was no problem. Fridge in the room which is an extra plus. Although our room was next to the lifts, we were not disturbed by any noice. We did not have breakfast at the hotel, it was quite pricey and we much prefer sampling breakfast at different delis, cafes and restaurants to hotel breakfasts anyway. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked (and paid for!) a room high up and got one on the 20th floor. Can imagine that it might be...
3  Thank MiaEJ2013
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hello MiaEJ2013,
Thank you for choosing out hotel on your 4 days trip to NYC! I am happy that your stay was a pleasant experience and you enjoyed the hotel and its location. We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Has had a fabulous week in New York and was very impressed with the email contact had with Joanna Butcher prior to our arrival. The staff at this hotel are its crowning glory DONALD is a pure delight who welcomed our 5 yr old granddaughter like a princess whenever he saw her which really made her stay. Room 1208 gorgeous overlooks front of hotel great view of Hudson River. Location fab.

However on check in we were asked for a credit card so they could charge us 50 dollars a day IN CASE we used room service - now I am an old fashioned kind of girl who deals with cash!!! I did have a debit card and plenty money but hotel wouldn't take either of these and were hinting at us not getting the room we had paid several thousand dollars for - at one point I was even told to ring UK for a friend or relative to pay it!!!!! After a long flight and with a 5 year old who had been ill in taxi it wasn't the warmest or friendliest of welcomes !! Let me re-iterate I wasn't refusing to pay offered cash in both dollars and sterling and had a debit card - although the first I knew of this charge was when i got there - British Airways don't tell you before hand. In the end I called BA customer service who after a long chat with duty manager agreed to give their credit card details therefore saving the day,
Would I use hotel again yes now I know of card situation would get a pre paid one. Do I think they should inform you before hand definitely - also do I believe the gentleman on the front desk who initially dealt with me to be the one weak link in the hotel staff Yes.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jillib4

Dear jillib4,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with travel community. It’s great to know that you enjoyed your time in NYC and that Donald made your granddaughter’s stay even more special.
I understand your concern in regards to the form of payment for incidentals. Our hotel provides additional services that can be billed to the room and in order for our guests to enjoy those perks we require valid credit card. It also secures the hotel in case of any damage done to the room. I am sorry that this was not clearly communicated to you by British Airways travel.

I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back one day!
All the best!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my first visit to New York and I was there with my best friend to celebrate our special milestone birthdays!! As women travelling alone we wanted to feel safe and secure in our hotel. We had nothing to worry about. We had asked to be on a higher floor to lessen the traffic noise and also away from the lifts. Both of our requests were honoured and our room on the 11th floor was perfect. The room was spacious, perfectly clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and quite honestly nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel was great, a short stroll to Times Square and all those shops!!! Broadway was nearby so not far to go to find a show. Also the hop on hop off bus picks up only yards away from the hotel, again a big plus. We had looked at a number of hotels before we made our choice, having stayed at the Hilton Garden we feel we made the right decision as both the hotel, the service we received and it's location were perfect for travellers like us.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel facing 8th Ave, we asked to be on a high floor and away from...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Karen P,
I am so happy to hear that your first trip to NYC was a memorable experience and you and your friend felt safe and secure at our property. It’s great to know that you enjoyed the location and comfort of the rooms.
The entire Hilton Garden Inn Family would like to wish you and your friend again Happy Birthday and we will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!
All the best!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect stay for your trip to NYC! The location is perfect! Close to everything! The concierge service was terrific and helped us with getting around the city. The hotel is very clean and quiet. Upper rooms are better because you don't hear the subway, but even on the lower floors it really wasn't bad. I stayed one night on floor 2 and the other 4 nights on floor 12. I would stay here again and I would highly recommend it to others. Also, we drove to NYC and the parking structure is right next door. Perfect!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hi goodlife72,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am simply thrilled that we were able to create such an memorable stay for you and we look forward to your return. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Arranged a trip to New York to celebrate my 40th Birthday with my husband. Hilton Garden Inn staff were helpful even before we arrived. Sharing knowledge of places to visit and information on airport transfers. Both my husband and I had email contact with Joanna in guest relations and was very kind reserving us a wonderful room and arranging a little gift for my celebration.
On arrival staff at Hilton Garden Inn were very friendly and helpful. We were able to store our luggage until our room was ready.
Hotel is in the perfect location, we had a corner room on the 14th floor . Large room with everything you will need for your visit . Perfect and enjoyable base for tired feet after a day exploring. Staff reserved a car for trip back to airport, a few dollars more than a taxi but worth every penny (cents)
We had an amazing 5 days in the wonderful city of New York. Big Thanks to Joanna and the staff of Hilton Garden Inn for making us feel welcome and our stay such a pleasurable one. Great memories that will last forever. Feeling sad to be home .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hi Maisy74,

Once again on behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I am thrilled that you celebratory visit to NYC was so special and Joanna and the staff were able to help create this as our goal is to exceed the expectation of every guest that enters our doors.

We look forward to your return and if we can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. You Can Count on Us. Guaranteed.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my first time in NYC and the hotel did not disappoint. The location was fantastic, Times Square just around the corner and very easy to get anywhere you wanted. The room was very spacious with the huge bed being extremely comfy. Probably the best quality bed I have ever stayed in. There was some minor traffic noise heard in our room (14th floor) however being in the middle of NYC I did not expect anything different and this did not disrupt our stay at all.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie W

Hi Jamie W,

I think a Congrats is in order for surviving your first visit to NYC. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and the hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,