“You can stop searching now...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Ranked #143 of 467 Hotels in New York City
England
“You can stop searching now...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I can only echo all the fab reviews on here already. You will not be disappointed. All rooms have been refurbished. Nice decor, some great B&W shots of the city around the hotel. We booked a standard room with two huge beds as there were no deluxe rooms available. On 4th floor we had plenty of room and it's perfect for us with good views of 8th. Be warned there is not much hanging space for four but the rooms are designed for two and we are happy to live out of the cases for a short break. The road noise is minimal in the room and certainly didn't keep us awake. The beds are so so comfortable, good shower, handy fridge and microwave in the room but... What sets this hotel apart is the staff. When a company get customer service right and give it top priority you end up so much more satisfied you are likely to overlook any other little issues. In this hotel however there were no issues. It's the perfect stay in midtown. Huge thanks to Tennille for our welcome gift! Such a kind thought, and do make yourself known to the infamous Donald who is the most infectiously friendly and helpful member of the team and has been for 21 years. Do speak to customer relations, I thought I'd done all the research but it took staff here to tell me you can use one metro ticket for four people. As long as you are careful not to delay the commuters we found it convenient.
A FewTips, don't be frightened of the metro, give it a go and you'll soon crack it. Walk when you can, remember for a family sometimes cabs work out cheaper though.
Eat somewhere different each meal, try what you don't know. Speak to people, New Yorkers are very friendly! I'm reviewing the city separately and individual places we are visiting (yes, I'm still here) but have to suggest you check out Free Tours By Foot and try Chop't for the salad experience of a life time.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank jansjournal
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hi jansjournal,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I am truly touched by all the good words and the fact that you took your time to submit the review while still staying with us! I will make sure to share all your wonderful comments with my team, especially with Donald and Tennile. It’s great that our goal to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations was accomplished during your stay.
Enjoy your time in NYC!
646-710-5713

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice and can reccomend it highly. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable. The Pigalle restaraunt attched to the hotel is excellent from Breakfast through to the bar service. All the staff are very friendly and the hotel is very central - you can walk to all the main sites in New York from here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Alison H
Hello again Alison H,
I am thrilled reading your review and learn that your second stay was another memorable experience! We will be looking forward to welcome you again soon!
Until next time!
Marengo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our 4th trip to NYC.
We have stayed at the Embassy Suites, (now Conrad) , Doubletree Suites ( Times Square) , this is by far the best location yet!
We stayed at the Double Tree for the location of the Subways, the HGI is just as handy, if not more. Most if he trains we needed for our 3 night stay were within 1-2 blocks, some a matter of a couple hundred feet!
The rooms are updated and very nice, also very quiet location, for the area.
The staff was outstanding! Happy to answer any questions, offer help
If you needed it. The breakfast was included with my current Hilton Honors status. The selection at the Buffet was very good, and everything I ate was great, very well prepared. They also offer cooked to order.
If your not a Hilton Honors member you should sign up, it's free.
The Beds were very comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower and plenty if Hot water. The rooms
also have a Microwave and Mini Fridge.
The Z Deli directly across the street has .99 cent (1.00) slices of plain cheese pizza, and for a Buck you can't beat it for fast and convenient for a quick bite on the go.
I guess the only thing left to say is, when we return to the city in a couple if years this the Place for us.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Richard3360,
Thank you for sharing your experience with travel community and for choosing our hotel on your 4 days trip to NYC! I am very happy to hear that, comparing to other Hilton properties in NYC, you found our hotel being conveniently located and with many suitable dining options. It’s great that our staff was able to assist you with your questions and that comfort of the rooms was to your liking. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!
Until next time!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

everything about this hotel and our stay was better than good...except the first person we encountered when we proceeded to check in..he was cold and pretended to be efficient, but was not at all.....but i will excuse that because everything after him made our trip enjoyable...the location, the cleanliness, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, the accessibility to the theatre, restaurants and even transportation....well worth staying here...and not expensive for new york at all...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear phillyborn114,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. It is really disappointing to know that your first encounter with our staff was not the pleasant one but I am happy that this incident did not negatively influenced your stay and you enjoyed your time.
I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!
All the Best!
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just spent nine nights at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square with my wife on our honeymoon, and everything was fantastic! Ww wouldn't have changed a single thing. I contacted the hotel after our reservation if they could have some kind of a surprise waiting for my new wife at the hotel when we arrived at the room, and the lovely Joanna answered my email and made my request possible, which was such nice thing! She even called us at the the room the second day of our trip to ask if everything was good with us and later on our stay she even came to our room door to say hi and gave us two complimentary water bottles and some chocolate. My wife and I were just in awe of the whole thing and barely could say a word. :) So thank you again, and greetings from Finland! We would love to still be there.. :)

Ps. The hotel breakfast at Pigalle is well worth the money. I think it saved us quite a few dollars 'cause it lasted long in the afternoon before we were hungry again.

Room Tip: We had a room in the highest (15th) floor facing 8th Ave and the room was quiet and the views were n...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank R1kula
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hi there R1kula,
I cannot be happier to know that your honeymoon trip was a memorable one!! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to celebrate this special event in your life! It was truly a pleasure to assist you and I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you again if your travels bring you back to NYC!
All the best!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here with my brother and his wife visiting from Australia. We found the hotel to be very pleasant and well located in Times Square. Our visit was made extra special by the attention we were given by Guest Experience Manager Joanna Butcher. Thank for everything, Joanna.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike M
Hello Mike M,
Thank you so much for your review. It was my great pleasure to assist you during your stay and I am happy that your brother and his wife enjoyed their NYC experience!
Thank you for giving us opportunity to call you our guest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!
All the best!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

HGI Times Square is located approximately 2 blocks from the center of all of the action. This hotel is centrally located in the Theatre District - extremely convenient for seeing a show. Check-in was quick and efficient, taking less than 5 minutes.
I get nervous with high-rise hotels with few elevators resulting in long wait times for elevators. This is not the case for HGI-TS. We only waited 1 minute each time we needed an elevator. I was extremely pleased with that.
I only have 2 suggestions. The fan of the heating/cooling unit in the room was somewhat loud. (This does not bother me however since I like "white noise" when I sleep.) Additionally, breakfast (for Gold+ members or those with vouchers) is served in the adjoining restaurant - Pigalle. Food was good however the service was average on the 3 mornings we ate. I would liked to have seen better service.
Overall, I would stayed at this hotel again and highly recommend this hotel to those visiting NYC!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian S
Hello Brian S,
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to know that you enjoyed the location and your stay was a comfortable experience!
Please accept my apologies for noisy AC unit and lack of excellent service in the restaurant. I will make sure to address your comments with our engineering department as well as with restaurant management.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!