“Great Hotel near Times Square”

Ranked #143 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed four nights at this hotel with my husband and son. Great location, easy walk to see broadway shows and to many restaurants. Rooms were very nice with refrigerator and microwave. This was our second time staying here and would stay here again on next trip.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi CMS7,

Thank you for your continued loyalty, we work diligently to ensure that we remain a "Great Hotel near Times Square". On your next trip please feel free to contact me directly, I would love the opportunity to personally meet you and welcome you back to our hotel.

Tennile Boyd | Director of Guest Experience
790 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 646-710-5713 | Fax: 212-974-0291

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for four nights. The room is pretty small but included a fridge, microwave and safe. The A/C unit was relatively quiet as it was an integrated wall unit rather than one of those jet engine wall mounted types. Once we figured out the settings it was a relatively quiet night's sleep.

Our stay exceeded expectations until ironically AFTER we had checked out. The front desk held on to our bags while we did some more sight seeing prior to leaving Manhattan. When we returned to claim our bags they had trouble locating them (which made us nervous). Had to involve a manager to get satisfaction as the bell boy appeared to have given up on trying to find them and started helping other people! All the while the lobby is like waiting in a sauna. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it must've been at least 80 degrees F in the lobby!

They finally found our bags and we were on our way but claiming our bags kinda marred an otherwise great stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up so it's quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Day Jason B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear that your departure was not as exceptional as the rest of your stay. I will be sure to address this matter with my bell staff. If you would like to provide me with any additional details please feel free to contact me directly.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and found the room to be to your liking. I hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you to the NYC area once again.

Tennile Boyd | Director of Guest Experience
790 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 646-710-5713 | Fax: 212-974-0291

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in an ideal location central to all of the action. Very nice lobby, loved the decor in the halls and rooms with pictures of notable New York locations. Rooms were very nice and bigger than standard for Manhattan. My only slight complaint would be that our beds were very soft but I hear they will be replacing the mattresses soon. Overall a great stay and I would definitely consider staying here again if I am back in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sunofthebeach
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Good Day Sunofthebeach,
First and foremost thank you for allowing us the opportunity to call you our guest. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your visit; however I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the bed but as you have been informed, we are in the process of transitioning out our Garden Sleep System adjustable beds. Hopefully, on your next stay we would have completed this project and you will find the new beds to your satisfaction.
Lastly, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. When you are planning to return please feel free to contact me directly.

Tennile Boyd
Director of Guest Experience
646.710.5713

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just stayed here for three nights while in NY to see several plays. Location is perfect--near most theaters and a couple of blocks from the reduced price ticket booth. Also one block from C and E lines of subway, which go downtown to the 9/11 museum and uptown to the Museum of Natural History, if those are on your agenda. Echo all comments about how friendly and helpful all of the staff have been--the front desk, the lobby, the housekeepers, the concierge--just a lovely pleasant atmosphere in the place. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We were on an upper floor, facing 48th Street and it was quite quiet. Free coffee and tea in the lobby very early every morning was great for those of us who are early risers. All in all, we loved staying here and we'll be back for our next theater trip.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter--try to face away from 8th Avenue.
1  Thank GreenyMH
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear GreenyMH,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! Our goal is to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire team and we will be looking forward to your next stay with us!
Until next time!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

On march 13 2014 i arrived to Hilton Garden inn in new York.I.read on TripAdvisor that the hotel was folly renovated. i was stunned to find out that the 'fully renovated" did not include any furniture what so ever. i am an Hilton honor customer and also Elite gold member at the Marriott reward and i travel allot. The two bed in room 1125 i believe, were So run down that i was sinking almost all the way to the floor. I called the front desk and was lied to that its an air mattress and the house keeper will be there shortly and will put some air in my mattress so that will be firm. after few hours of waiting to the house keeper,finally i called again to the front desk, and this wonderful lady called Mayerlin Cruz,the assistant front office manager came up to my room, was kind and VERY professional, and transferred me to another room. prevented from me to transfer to midtown Hilton that i usually go to.Thank you Mayerlin for making my weekend so pleasant. Only thanks to you i will be back to Hilton Garden Inn , soon.

Taly Barak Eldar

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are renovated ,including new beds and they are nice. The others - do not go to. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Taly_El,
I want to take a moment to personally thank you for sharing your experience with travel community. It is a great pleasure to learn that Mayerlin was assisting you to address all your challenges and she was able to turn things on the positive side. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with her and we will be looking forward to your future stays!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed over St. Patrick's Day a girls weekend and everyone was so Wonderful!! Very clean and our room was on the 10th floor with street view. This was our first time staying in the city! I will definitely stay here again!! All the guys at the door were Awesome.. I'm sure they will remember the girls that kissed Enrique at the Today Show and sang with him.. These guys were a blast ! :) Totally Recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jmloulou

Dear jmloulou,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel on your trip to NYC during St. Patrick’s Day! I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and thank you for your recommendation. It’s great to know that you had a blast at the Today show and we will be looking forward to welcome you back on your future travels to NYC!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were spoiled at this hotel! From the guest service employees, the concierge, the bell man and the restaurant service staff- one word, excellent. We had never been to NYC before, out friends recommended this hotel and it was great. We were 2 blocks from the Gershwin theater, in the heart of Time Square for excellent restaurants, tours, and shopping.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room above the 7 floor. Better view and less street traffic noise, really.

Dear Kim B,
Thank you so much for a wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to learn that we were able to create a memorable experience and make you feel like home far away from home. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your future travels to NYC!