“great weekend break”

Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We came in for the weekend and loved loved loved !!!! this hotel !!! We received super service and attention. I love the chocolates you can get in the late afternoon and the fresh strong coffee in the morning ! A fabulous central location but quiet and peaceful inside. I will be returning!!!

1  Thank HARRY M
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear HARRY M,
Thank you for a wonderful review. It’s so great that you loved the hotel and our commitment to deliver exceptional service reached the goal during your stay!
We will be looking forward to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square on a Tuesday. The accommodations were really wonderful. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more accommodating or helpful. I am usually a Marriott customer because I use their card and receive point for staying there but when I compared prices of hotels in the area I went with the Hilton. I am so glad I got to discover this great place.

2  Thank marygmBrookhaven_ny

Dear marygmBrookhaven_ny,
I am thirilled to know that your recent stay with us was a pleasant experience and you enjoyed comfort of our rooms and helpfulness of our staff!
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Big Apple!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

On business I usually opt for a higher tier property when visiting NYC. We chose this location due to the proximity for a meeting. I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations; not because it's a HGI, but because of the location. It wasn't as busy and the focus wasn't on the lobby. I got my keys and into my room in minutes. Rooms are large for NYC - enough room to keep extra shopping bags out and a living area to relax during the day. Subway is right across the street. We did not stay in the area for dinner. Can't beat the value.

Room Tip: You're closest subway is 50th St right across the street.

Dear ohiocouple,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent business trip. I am very happy to know that hotel location was in close proximity to your meeting and that you were pleasantly surprised with quietness of the location and comfort of our rooms.
I hope that on your next trip to NYC you will consider our property again!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stay at this property almost exclusively when I travel to NYC for business and pleasure. Staff is friendly and helpful. I see the same staff each visit, so I think this tells a good story also. Location is convenient to Times Square and within walking distance of lots of places!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank loist51
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Lois6848,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your travels to NYC. It’s great to hear that it is always a memorable experience and our staff is always there when you need them.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service at the hotel exceeded our expectations. We were please with the complimentary breakfast. Hotel lobby was cold but to be expected owing to the weather. Hotel is expensive--but used points to cover stay.

Room Tip: Frequent Hilton properties to get a better room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear snoopuppy,
I am delighted to hear that service at the hotel exceeded your expectations. We strive to deliver exceptional guest service and it’s good to know that we met this goal. I am happy that you were satisfied with breakfast experience. I apologize for low temperature in the lobby. It’s been one of the coldest winter here in NYC.
I hope that on your future travels to NYC you will stay with us again!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We came in for the weekend and loved this hotel. We received great service and attention. I love the brownies you can get in the evening and the coffee in the morning - either in your room with the pot provided or down in the lobby. The windows are noise cancelling and even though we were on a busy street we had a peaceful quiet room.

Room Tip: In New York always go with a higher floor.

Dear bramram,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent weekend getaway. It is wonderful stay that you enjoyed comfort of the rooms and amenity provided. I am delighted to know that our commitment to deliver exceptional guest service was noticeable during your stay.
I hope that on your future trip to NYC you will stay with us again!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This location is great if you are a walker.

Penn Station is less than a mile walk on the same street (Eighth Ave) which is convenient if you are coming from Newark airport. You can catch the train from the airport and never have to grab a cab or taxi.

The hotel is consistent quality that you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Pleasant but not over the top. I'm a Gold member but they didn't have any upgrades available. As Hilton Gold, you do get free breakfast in the ajoining diner. It was a great breakfast and a welcome break to the otherwise expensive meals in downtown NYC.

The room was fine, the staff was friendly and efficient.

The street noise was higher than I'd like but not unusual for that location in NYC. Between the people, cars and sirens, you may want to bring earplugs if your sensitive to noise.

Great location relative to the theater district with plenty of eating and drinking options within eyesight.

Room Tip: I'd go higher if you have the options; I think it would reduce street noise.

Dear MarcoSeattle_WA,
Thank you for choosing our property on your recent trip to NYC. It’s great to know that hotel location was convenient and gave you opportunity to walk to all your points of interest. I am happy that as a Hilton Gold member you were able to enjoy complimentary breakfast and rooms as well as a staff were to your like. I apologize for noise factor, it can be a challenge if you are not used to it.
I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future.