“What a difference an avenue makes”

Ranked #142 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Decided to extend our honeymoon by a couple days. So happy we picked this hotel. Stephanie checked us in and could not have been kinder. In fact every staff member we encountered had a smile. Having lived in NYC Times Square is fun to visit, but not really where I prefer to stay as the streets are mobbed with cars, people, and really bright lights. Go a block west to 8th Ave and things go down a notch.
Our corner room was massive by Manhattan standards. The attractive room was clean and the bed comfy.
A nice feature of the property is the attached French bistro Pigalle, which could have been in Paris. Do book the reasonably priced breakfast plan and you'll enjoy great French pastries, a nice upgrade from typical hotel breakfast fare.
The hotel building is one a few along 8th Ave that was originally built in a time when hotel rooms were much larger, a nice departure from the more recently constructed six rooms to a floor high rises with much smaller facilities. The hotel rooms were recently renovated and sport a smart contemporary feel. The HVAC system isn't one of the below window units that blows dry air all night.
The property borders the theatre district. The main departure office for GrayLine tours is just across the street.
The Hilton Garden Inn is one of those great 3 1/2 star finds with five star service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul F
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Nomad101,
We are honored that you chose our hotel to enjoy your Honeymoon! I am happy to know that we created a memorable experience for you and you enjoyed the size of room, attached restaurant and hotel location. I will make sure to compliment Stephanie and the rest of my team on their commitment to make you feel like home. I hope that on your next trip to NYC you will stay with us again!
646-710-5713

Write a ReviewReviews (7,525)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was our second visit at this hotel in three years. We stayed three nights during the Colombus Day week-end in October and we were very satisfied with our room: it was clean and comfortable. The only downside was that our room was located right next to the elevator, which made a constant noise (as you might guess). We mentionned this when we left the hotel to the clerk at the reception desk who asked us about our experience and were told that, next time, not to hesitate to ask for another room. We will !

Overall, the service was A-1 and we have nothing else to complain about.

The hotel is very well located, especially if you like Broadway shows. It's less than a five minute walk from Times Square and close to a subway station that can bring you to Central Park, the Lincoln Center (The Metropolitan Opera), and many other locations very quickly. The hotel is a little pricey considering that this is not a luxury hotel, but considering it's in the heart of New York City, you have to accept to pay a little more.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sébastien B

Dear Pomelo,
It’s great to know that your second stay with us was satisfactory and you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and convenience of the location. I’m sorry that your rooms was situated right next to the elevator and it caused a constant noise. On your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make sure to assign a nice room in a quiet location.
We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and is in a great location for walking to many places. I went for my 50th birthday could not have had a better experience. Charles took care of an needs, questions, and transportation. The hotel and Charles are both a perfect 10!

2  Thank Lila C

Dear Lila C ,
I am delighted to hear that your stay was a perfect “10” experience. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square we are committed to create a memorable stay for all our guests and I am so happy that we were able to reach this goal during your stay. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with my staff, especially Charles. Happy 50th Birthday and I hope to welcome you back on your next Birthday celebration!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and our 2 teens and I stayed at the Hilton Garden at Times Square for 4 nights Dec 21-25. The manager, Joanna Butcher, was so welcoming and helpful as were all the staff at the hotel. The room was perfect and clean for the 4 of us and having 2 Queen beds instead of doubles was so nice. We stayed on the 12th floor and had a great view of the city and the street below. Noise was not an issue in room 1208. Free wifi was excellent and the business center has plenty of computers and a nice printer. Charles was also super nice and helpful on recommending places to walk and to eat, etc. The whole experience was just really super and the location is great. You can safely walk everywhere. Of course, it's NYC, so always be alert, but it was just a really great central location. We miss NYC already!!!

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter...the lower floors you can hear the subway, but honestly, most people get...
3  Thank B L

Dear B L,
Thank you for awesome review. I am delighted to hear that we created a memorable stay for you and your family and that hotel and rooms were to your like. It was my pleasure to assist you and I will make sure to extend your compliments to Charles!
We will look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Comfortable room for the price and great location for walking. Our Room was on the 9th floor and was clean and quiet. Staff was great and it was easy to get taxis if needed. I wish their 16th floor bar had been open.

1  Thank Theresa B

Dear Theresa B,
I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed the cleanliness and quietness of the rooms and that our staff was attentive to your needs. I’m sorry that you were not able to enjoy the rooftop bar this time. Their schedule is limited due to weather and low temperatures.
I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed in Hilton's all around the world. This Hilton continues the high standards.

The location was perfect for walking back from a Broadway show. There is also a grocery store across the street and several Starbucks coffee shops, if that is what you like.

We walked a few block to a breakfast joint called Red Flame. It was a great spot for breakfast and QUICK! We had our food in around 5 minutes from ordering!

The room was comfortable and quiet. We could hear some street noise on the 6th floor, but it didn't keep us up at night.

This hotel does not have its own restaurant, so no room service or breakfast. Otherwise, it worked for this trip!

Room Tip: Higher floor, less noise...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cvkevents

Dear cvkevents,
Thank you for sharing comments on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel up to Hilton Standards that you are used to. It’s great that the location was convenient to your needs and you enjoyed dining close by.
Our property is not a full service hotel however there is a room service in the afternoon hours from 5 – 9PM. I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in second half of 2013 and the location and facilities are both very nice. I wish the bathrooms were slightly larger and the showers had doors rather than curtains, but I guess that is typical for a NYC hotel.

On my first visit, I had flight complications and the front desk woman told me they could take the first night off my tab since I was stuck in Atlanta. I knew this was not the norm, so I was very impressed. When the front desk later insisted they charge me for the unused night, I called my group sales contact and she compensated me with a certificate for 2 free nights good for 1 year.

They are clearly committed to making things right and I look forward to staying at this location again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rmenges1

Dear rmenges1,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I am happy that we were able to take care of your challenges in the satisfactory way and I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future!