Decided to extend our honeymoon by a couple days. So happy we picked this hotel. Stephanie checked us in and could not have been kinder. In fact every staff member we encountered had a smile. Having lived in NYC Times Square is fun to visit, but not really where I prefer to stay as the streets are mobbed with cars, people, and really bright lights. Go a block west to 8th Ave and things go down a notch.
Our corner room was massive by Manhattan standards. The attractive room was clean and the bed comfy.
A nice feature of the property is the attached French bistro Pigalle, which could have been in Paris. Do book the reasonably priced breakfast plan and you'll enjoy great French pastries, a nice upgrade from typical hotel breakfast fare.
The hotel building is one a few along 8th Ave that was originally built in a time when hotel rooms were much larger, a nice departure from the more recently constructed six rooms to a floor high rises with much smaller facilities. The hotel rooms were recently renovated and sport a smart contemporary feel. The HVAC system isn't one of the below window units that blows dry air all night.
The property borders the theatre district. The main departure office for GrayLine tours is just across the street.
The Hilton Garden Inn is one of those great 3 1/2 star finds with five star service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton