“Times Square at Christmas Time”

Ranked #150 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Times Square at Christmas Time”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Times Square during the Busy Christmas season.The rooms are very comfortable,very clean, and quiet. The location is fantastic for tourists, and it is safe!The hotel staff was very courteous and obviously well trained. I would definitely recommend staying at this quality hotel.

Stayed December 2013
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hi Foodieman4,

Happy Holidays!!! Yes this is one of our busiest times of year as we welcome wonderful travelers like yourself from all over the world, in town to see our great city during this magical time; there is nothing like NYC during Christmas time. I hope you had the opportunity to throughly enjoy the city, if not there is always next year.

Hope to see you then,

Phone: 646-710-5713 | Fax: 212-974-0291

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel, location and staff is great - very convenient to subway system!!

The only negative, which is not reflected in the rating of the hotel, is the arranged car service through bell services. Started out great, car was waiting for us at an arranged time in front of the hotel - but when we got to Queens all of a sudden the driver advised he had a flat tire and needed to pull over and call for another car. The driver got out of the car, looked at the tire, and said he could make it the rest of the way to the airport. This could have been legitimate, but made me very nervous so would advise to be very cautious with the arranged car service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Good Day Danielle S,

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time while staying with us and the hotel and staff met your expectations. I do look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

On behalf of my entire staff, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies for any concerns that arose as a result of your arranged transportation to the airport. Thankfully you reached your destination safely and on time.

If you wish to discuss your recent experience any further please feel free to contact me directly.

Warmest Regards,

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in other Hilton Gardens and enjoyed it. This particular one is great for a location : few steps from Times Square. Other than that : very average. There is no pool or jacuzzi, very small gym. The worst : you hear a subway train under your bed all day and all night. Our room was on the second floor, may be on the higher floor it is not as bad. The room was clean, comfortable mattress, small but adequate bathroom. Staff is friendly. Will probably look for another hotel next time when in NY. Expected more for the price I paid.

Room Tip: higher than second floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day Ella776,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience, I am deeply saddened that this trip did not meet your expectations. I see that you did find your accommodations to be clean and comfortable and the staff friendly which is always a great assets to any hotel, so thank you for sharing those kind words.

In regards to our facilities, while our gym is cozy we do offer state of the art Hilton approved equipment. Like many NYC hotels we do not have a pool, unfortunately currently this is an amenity that the space and setup of our building cannot accommodate; I do sincerely apologize that you were disappointed.

We would love to welcome you back in the future and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights from the 29th November, upgraded, 15$/night, on the internet, booking a corner king size room, 402. Spacious at 320 sq ft, bathroom was small - particularly the bath. Great staff, front desk and concierge very friendly and very helpful. The hotel position is superb for the theatres, subway, Times Square etc, my wife's first time to New York, 4 shows and the ice hockey at MSG, plenty of tours, what a great city to visit!
Only negative was the subway noise/vibration - surprised you can feel & hear on the fourth floor.
Will definitely stay here again - next time to Broadway, so many shows to see, but maybe on the higher floors!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Chris R,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience during your stay with us. We are honored that you chose our property to enjoy time in NYC especially since it was your wife’s first time in Big Apple. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location as it gave you opportunity to be close to all the attractions. I truly apologize for the subway noise. If you decide to stay with us in the future please contact me directly and I will be sure to assign nice room far away from any noise.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed December 6, 2013

A very clean and convenient place to stay near Times Square. I love that it is close to the Subway system, theatre district and great places to eat. This will be on my list of nice hotels and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: rooms on the back are a lot quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ezsailor,
I am delighted reading your comments! It is fantastic news that you loved the location and I will be looking forward to see you again in the future.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I visited here back in January for birthday. I couldn't have asked for anymore, the service was fantastic, the staff were so attentive, the rooms were very clean and I got upgraded FOC. As it was birthday the hotel even provided me with a birthday cake (nice touch). It's in a great location, about a 2 minute walk from Times Square.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be returning to this hotel on my next visit go New York!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vicky_reading06
We are honored that you chose out hotel for your Birthday Celebration! I am so happy that your stay was a great experience and you enjoyed treats sent to the room. Our team would like to again wish you Happy Birthday and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I traveled with my husband to NYC in October to attend the NY Wine and Food Fest, and I was very pleased to have found accommodations at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very professional and friendly staff, and our check-in was quick and efficient. We reserved a king/non-smoking room and were assigned a room on the 11th floor with a nice view of the city. The room was large and very clean, with a mini-frig, microwave, coffee maker and safe. We even had a welcome bag with drinks and snacks, which I thought was a nice touch. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but it was very functional and met our need nicely.
The location of the hotel was superb and right in the heart of midtown Manhattan. It is about a 20-minute ride from airport to hotel (depending on traffic), and the cost for a taxi was approximately $40 excluding tip. We did not have the opportunity to visit the lounge or the fitness room at the hotel; however, we did enjoy a very nice breakfast at Pigalle Restaurant.
When traveling, I normally chose from one the various Hilton properties, if available, because of their consistency in service and accommodations. The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square definitely exceeded my expectations. It began/ended with a welcome/thank-you email from Estela Lopez, Guest Experience Manager, which I thought set the mood for our stay. I believe they are truly interested in making each guest’s experience the best they possibly can, and they certainly did for us!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WhereToNext60
I am so happy reading your comments!!! It is wonderful to know that we created a memorable stay for you and your husband and that Estela’s commitment to deliver exceptional guest service set the mood for your stay! I hope that on your next visit to NYC you will choose our hotel and give us a chance to create another great stay!