7,955 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our first time traveling to NYC. We drove to the location and as we were driving, I called the Hilton a little stressed from driving. The concierge was very calming and helpful as to where to park and directions for parking in the garage. We were greeted very friendly and service was helpful, especially with 2 small children! The room was very clean and quiet. The next day, the hotel was very helpful with our bags and even held them as we looked around the city before heading out of town. If I ever return to NY, I will be looking up the Hilton for my stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, we were overwhelmed by the attention and support of the hotel staff. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff continued throughout our stay, with people greeting us each time we entered or left the hotel. The room was excellent, clean, comfortable and quiet (except for the occasional passing siren, which I came to view as a trademark of New York City anyway. The location is great, being just a short walk to the heart of Times Square and the Broadway theatres. My wife and I will definitely stay there next time we visit this wonderful city.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked 8th Ave, with views towards the Hudson.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I travel to NYC three or four times a year and HGI Times Square is becoming my go to place.. Home away from Home! Everyone welcomes you coming and going with a sincere smile. If you need anything see my new best friend at the front door Mr. Charles!!! They are all extremely helpful with the smallest of needs to the major ones. I travel for work and as a female I do not always feel comfortable venturing away from the hotel ~ but that is not true in this area! The locals are very friendly and food in the area is fabulous ~ check out Restaurant Row!! Also check into the rooftop bar. The location is easy to get in & out of compared to staying right on Times Square. It is also within walking distance to everything and the subway is close too if your destation is further out.
Tell them at the front door Lisa sent you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wanted a NYC vacation that did not require too much walking to get to restaurants and Broadway shows. This hotel is perfect for that. Restaurants of all types are 2-4 blocks in all directions. All Broadway and many "OFF Broadway" shows are just blocks away. If one wants to go for other sightseeing, the subway is right outside and taxis are immediately available in front. This convenience comes at very reasonable cost for both the room and the parking garage in the building. The rooms are a perfect size and extremely clean and modern. We had everything we needed or wanted in one place. We stayed on the 10th floor facing west (8th Avenue). There was really very limited street noise and an excellent view with afternoon sunshine. The staff was extremely helpful, the elevators always available and the restaurant connected to the lobby very convenient for breakfast. I have stayed in many NYC hotels but this one has the best blend of price, convenience and location

Room Tip: The 10 to 15th floor facing west are quiet with lots of afternoon sunshine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 236Mike
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's one block off the major activities of Times Square. It's next to a parking garage for those driving into the city. The hotel will stamp your ticket for a special rate. We we're charged $30 night, which was a great price. The bellhop's will go to the garage and help unload/ load your luggage. That was a huge help with all the bags we had. On both occasions he was very friendly and helpful.

One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was the ability to reserve a room with 2 queen beds. The room was a reasonably comfortable size with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The room was not newly decorated, but not ancient either. The bathroom was very small and smelled like mildew the entire stay. I did not see any visible reason for the smell. There's a Duane Reade just across the street a short distance away and we bought room air freshener to spray around, as it was necessary.
We we're unfortunately given a room on the 2nd floor overlooking 8th ave. Yes, you can hear the rumble of the subway and street noise. They do provide earplugs. Just one set. The enormous size of the tube shaped earplugs rendered them useless. After quite an effort they were unwilling to stay put.

We visited during the great heat wave. We had the A/C on high and the lowest setting from the minute we got there. It would have been more comfortable had we been able to get it a little cooler, but I'm not sure anywhere was cool enough for the excessive heat.

There is a small gym is on the second floor. It has 2 treadmills and 2 elipiticals with TV's attached. Basic weights and balls. There is a silly set up with the TV's. They only work if you have headphones plugged in under the display panel.. I bring my own headphones to listen to music, but I don't want to be staring at a black screen. I had to get a second set of headphones from the front desk to plug into the machine so the TV would work. Not really difficult to think people might run to music. The second day I got stuck with a treadmill that the TV did not work. There is a water cooler and towels available. There is nothing in the room to sanitize the machines. No wipes or sprays anywhere. Really a huge no no in any gym. I don't want to get on a machine after someone has sweated all over it and not be able to sanitize it in some way.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, Pigalle. We had the buffet there, as we had vouchers. The buffet was good, not great. Each day same selection of vegetable frittata, scrambled eggs, scrambled egg whites, sausage,bacon,waffles,pancakes, hot cereal, granola, fruit,yogurt,sandwich bread,one or two types of mini muffins, plain mini bagels. Coffee and juices. Staff was pleasant and reasonably attentive.

There is also coffee available in the lobby in the mornings.

Overall decent but certainly not worthy of glowing praise.

Room Tip: You will hear the subway if you are on a lower floor. Bring your own earplugs in case you don't have the choice of a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Estela L, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear GAAtitravel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay.. I understand that during your visit our guest rooms were still pending on the renovation however I am happy to inform you that all of our guest’s rooms have undergone renovation at this time. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future so that you can experience the new décor for yourself.

I realize you had some concerns with our fitness center facility and the equipment inside. I understand that you were not able to locate the wipes in the fitness center we will be sure to put them in a more suitable place for our guests.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the extensive selection of breakfast at Pigalle. The team at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square works hard to provide great, genuine hospitality
Your comments will help us in delivering better service to our future guests.

Warm Regards,