“Extremely Satisfied with my accommodation here”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #153 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Cape May, New Jersey
“Extremely Satisfied with my accommodation here”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was a trip that I enjoyed very well. I checked in on Friday with my husband and two kids. I booked a standard room with one King Size bed with Expedia. During registration, I inquired with Christian (the clerk at the desk) if we could upgrade to a room with two beds in order to more comfortably accommodate my family. Due to this room type not being available, he explained that he unfortunately could not grant me a room with two beds and was apologetic, but promised that he could bring up a portable bed and extra pillows and blankets in order to accommodate my entire family the best way that he can. And I am happy to say that Christian certainly fulfilled in accommodating my whole family to the best of his ability. He called us back in our room to make sure if there was anything else he can do to enjoy our stay and I told him "You have been nothing but wonderful". His assistance was very well appreciated . Good customer service is all about bringing customers back and about sending them away happy. We shall return very soon, I promise you that!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are always the most desirable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Estela L, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Nicole P,

As a Guest Experience Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square your review was great to read. I am glad that Christian went the extra mile and was able to accommodate your family with an extra bed, pillows and blanket.

We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on your next trip so that I can assure you have another great stay.

Warm Regards,
Estela Lopez
Guest Experience Manager
Estela.lopez@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good hotel right where you want to be in NYC. Clean and nice and near it all: theater-shopping restaurants on 8th and 9th ave--sub ways--walking distance to most things. Go here you will not be disappointed. Starbucks coffee service in lobby in morning--restaurant next door--as an honors member I would of liked to have more free water. It can be pricey but very nice to walk back to after a show--which is the main reason I am there! One block away from times square and just a nice area with small store for food across the street. Wifi was included for me--and a small business center for printing your boarding passes etc. This is my third time back and I have stayed all over over the years--and this is one of my top 4 hotels for NYC due to the location.

Room Tip: I try for a top floor and corner--front overlooks 8th and it can get noisy if fire trucks go out on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MaestroOhio
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have spent three nights in this hotel in early June 2013, with my wife and our 13-year old son.
Room are spacious; breakfast generous; service above average.
Location is very close to Times Square attractions.
The lobby can get somewhat crowded and there is a nagging Hilton representative by the entrance soliciting time-share Hilton properties.
Overall I think this is a very good value for the price.

Room Tip: Room facing 8th Avenue on the top floors offer a nice view of the weat side.
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As always, Hilton delivers at the highest standard. My friend Charles was always there with a warm greeting and met every request and need with professionalism and kindness. I look forward to seeing Charles and the rest of your staff again on our 2014 trip. Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I as well as my parents stayed here for a weekend of tourism in NYC. The location of this hotel is amazing, the rooms are HUGE for NYC rooms, and the staff is so attentive. I would highly suggest staying here if you are going to be in NYC. Great place!

New York, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location and the staff and room were excellent. The room was clean. The staff was professional and helpful. Now I know why they are ranked so high. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Linda C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in June and could not fault the hotel. We arrived at around 12 noon time and were given a room immediately. 15th Floor with great views and could even see the cruise ships in port. Location was great for all that we wanted to do and there was plenty of coffee shops etc right on the door step.

The room was clean and well presented, bathroom fine and towels good size.

Only problem we had was one day the room was not made up when we came back at 4.15pm. We wanted to shower and change before going out but the maid was in the room. Not sure if this is normal.

If you book this hotel you will find it great for your visit to NY, nice staff and good location. We would stay again - last year we paid a lot more for a hotel just one block away and it was not nearly as pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple