“really enjoyed stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #143 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 20, 2008

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, i was really impressed with the location & service . I only had to call the reception desk once as one of our lights wasnt working & within half an hour it was mended . The staff were all polite, hotel & room was very clean . When we arrived we had been allocated a double room,where we had asked for a twin, this was resolved without us even mentioing anything , as the receptionist spotted our request. The room was a smoking room , where we are non smokers, but we just openend the windows & it was fine . We were given breakfast vouchers as compensation, which was unexpected & much appreciated . I wasnt there on business , but did make use of the free internet service . The actual location of hotel was very good, as it is only a couple of minutes walk from times square, we also went to a show & the theatre was a matter of minutes away. I wouldnt walk at night in my own town, but felt very safe walking in New York. The whole city totally impressed me . Our flight home wasnt until later in the day & there was storage available for our cases till we left which was very useful . The restuarant was very good, always very clean & i never felt rushed but also i never had to wait , the staff were very efficiant,polite & helpful . I am hoping to go back to New York & i would stay at this hotel again & will be recommending it to others .

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 18, 2008

I went to this hotel over a year ago; I came here for a national event. When I first arrived to my room, it looked as if someone had still been living there. There were socks, chargers, etc all over the floor. I immediately called room service, and they took care of the issue without a problem. I stayed there for five days, and the only main complainant was the mini fridge did not work because the ice had overgrown and made it so the door would not close. I took care of it with a hammer...but I felt I shouldn't have to repair something on vacation.

This was a great location though; there were many street vendors nearby, amazing little shops and it is very close to the subway station, allowing access all over New York. I highly recommend getting a slice on the corner or stopping by and taking a look at some items in the near by China town.

Overall I gave this location an average review because the room was not clean when I first got there. But the rest of the visit was enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank dannykc413
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel with our 2 young children (2 and 4).
Arrived in the small hours of the morning due to flight delays, to a warm welcome, free bottled water each, quick check-in and shown straight to very comfortable room.

I had requested a non-smoking room, but on arrival was told there was only a smoking room available. I was a little way, however, there was no smell of smoke in the room itself (though you could smell the smoke on the corridoor outside). It was fine.

Staff were very pleasant and welcoming, location was great. The fridge and microwave in the room as standard are great for young families, as is the small shop downstairs in the lobby. Beds were very comfortable, and room was large enough for us, though not a lot of extra space.

Breakfast was included in our deal, and this was also very good.
They don't do children's portions however - prefer to serve adult portions to them which seems wasteful.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jamaica17
Reviewed April 14, 2008

This is a perfect location right on 8th avenue & 48th. 7th is times square/Broadway. 42nd street north and south all over is everything. There is a fantastic little Mexican restaurant right up the way on eight in between 51st and 52nd. Right down eighth a few block south is a deli that has free delivery so you can order breakfast / coffee, desert or whatever right to your room/
The hotel is near all the theatres. The august Wilson theatre is on 52nd. The Majestic (Phantom of the Opera) is right down on 42nd I think. So everything is right in the walking distance. The price for the hotel is good compared to what else is out there. If you stay on 7th Ave. You will pay prob. double the cost of this hotel. Some hotels’ rooms are the size of closets, this hotel has a pretty roomy space and GREAT staff. They really care about your stay. The bellman get to know you, they are courteous and polite.
They strive for a “10” and they get it from me. They are so great and nice. If you have a problem with something, they will fix it. They have a concierge to help you around the city. IT is wonderful/

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2008

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and could not recommend it highly enough. It is in a great location, in the heart of the theatre district and only 1 block away from Times Square. The best restaurants are located on 46th Street between 8th & 10th Avenue, so again easy to get to. Buy a 3 day 'hop on, hop off' bus ticket from Viator - Grey Line. You need to change your email confirmation for a ticket but this office is just down the street and the buses go every 15 minutes.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My sister and I have just come back from a 3 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is located in a fantastic location, one block from Times Square, we found everything very easy to walk to from here, the hotel was a fantastic base.

The room was spacious with 2 queen sized beds, was clean and tidy with good double glazing we didn't hear any traffic noise (was on the 4th floor), the bathroom was a little small but was clean and tidy and met our needs.

The only problem we encountered was noisy neighbours, we could hear every word so the walls must be thin, but this was only on our second night.

I would certainly stay here again, its a great base, the staff were very helpful and friendly when we had any dealings with them.

The breakfast in the ajoining restaurant was reasonable and filled us up till gone lunchtime and wasn't too expensive.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsLC2006
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My family and I never be in NY before. Before we go, we read lots of reviews on many hotels. We decided to stay at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We were there for six nights. Staff were avery friendly and nice. I requested a roller bed with no additonal charge. Staff are all helpful. They gave us very detailed direction to places we asked for. Believe it or not, you do not even need a map. Central Park is nearby and is a great place for family (in daytime), especially runner. Because the hotel is in Times Square, everything is so convenient. All are within walking distance. Several restruants are also available. If you are a late bird, you can book the room with breakfast. The breakfast, until 11:30 a.m. was really good. Anyway, we strong recommend this hotel to family, single, friends, business, etc. One thing I would like to remind you is to request the room at a higher floor and not on the same side as 8th ave.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business