“Close to Times Square”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #140 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Overall, it's a nice place, but be aware they are near the fire station and the subway station. I guess you get used the sound and you come to expect that in NYC. It's not a resort, after all.
Breakfast was nice. Location was nice. Rooms were small. Beds were comfortable. Not a lot of counter space for 3 women travelers. We felt very safe, even though anyone could walk in off the street and get on the elevator. There was always a hotel staff there, but they never checked to see if we were guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (7,396)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great location, comfortable room, nice restaurant next door and to top it off, the customer service was outstanding. I had a few issues that needed attention. Noel, who appeared to be the hotel operator was relentless in making sure everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. To top it off, my sales manager who was in NYC on business from New Zealand, shared that when he called the operator to see iIf there was a tailor nearby who could sew a button, Noel insisted upon doing it for him. Our NZ co-worker's were blown away by American customer service! Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gramrep
Estela L, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Gramrep,

Thank you for your wonderful review and providing us with feedback on your recent stay to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy your stay at our property and you found our rooms to be comfortable for your needs.

Noel is an extraordinary individual who goes above and beyond to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay and are willing to return. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Awesome stay!!! Staff was great always willing to help and answer questions the room was very nice and warm given the very cold January weather of New York. We were on the 11th floor and there was renovation going on but it did not really disturb me and the rest of my party. Best part was Times Square was around the corner and down the street so couldn't have asked for a better first trip to New York.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 11th floor, still heard street noise but did not really keep me up.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Hotel is located nearby Times Square and surrounded by shops that are open 24 hours a day, just across the street.
The rooms are spaced (Large rooms, not typical to other hotels in Manhattan)) and very pleasant including air conditioning, which operates properly, free internet at all times, and all the required amenities. Also the hotel serves complimentary coffee in the lobby, during breakfast time, in addition to the in room coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave.

Even so we have been in level 4; the noise from the street was quite faint.

I would like to extend my special thanks to Joanna Butcher (Guest Experience Manager) which
was very friendly and helped us to get our connected rooms.
Also the Bellboy (Forgot the name) was very kind helping with the luggage and booking for us a taxi, during the check-out.

On the overall it was very pleasant staying and for sure I will return to this hotel in the future

Room Tip: If you are looking for view ask for rooms facing the 8ith Ave. For more quiet rooms do not take roo...

Dear Lydia Y,

It was a great pleasure to read your review and know that you found our hotel an excellent choice on your recent visit to New York City. I am glad that you enjoyed our amenities such as; the complimentary internet, the coffee and our hospitality center in your guest room.

Joanna Butcher is a leader in service and defines the meaning of hospitality along with all the team members at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and provide another exceptional stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Time Square Feb 25th or 2 nights. Check in was smooth and they were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were well kept and clean. The bathroom was very clean. Towels and amenities are nice. Its not a 5 star for sure but very comfortable. I love the location as it is close to everything. Theatres, subway station, time square and lots of restaurants. I would highly reccomend this hotel. The lady at the tour desk, The bellmen, and the concierge are very nice and helpful and will go above and beyond the call of duty. you can tell they love their jobs. ITS ALL GOOD. No negatives. i go back again soon and I wil be staying there. Lets hope nothing changes.

Room Tip: Choose higher rooms if you hate street noise but then again its New York!!! What would you expect??

Dear Mama G,

My name is Estela Lopez and I am the Guest Experience Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. It is great news to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property! At the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square each team member is aware of the true meaning of hospitality and go above and beyond to provide our guest’s with exceptional service.

Our housekeeping department works thoroughly and efficiently to provide our guests with clean rooms and amenities. I am very happy you were able to interact with our bellmen and concierge whom are the eyes of our property. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the upcoming future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel for a living and have stayed in at least 30 HGI throughout the NE in past 12 months so I have a tendency to notice the things that make a stay awesome. This HGI knows the true meaning of Customer Service ~ I did not know the location of my business meeting I only knew it was blocks away, so the front desk staff looked it up and printed the directions. I arrived starve and wanted something that fit into my "New Year diet plan" but as a woman I wasnt sure about venturing out after dark by myself. So Charles The Bellman (can't miss him-he looks like Jamie Foxx) offered to escort me to The Palm around the corner ~ Now that's Customer Service!!! If you need something.. anything... direction, recommendation, cab,, these folks go out of their way to make sure your stay is an awesome expierence! Charles & Joanna ROCK!!!

I pick my hotels by the bed and the coffee ~ Bed was very comfortable and the coffee in the lobby very early in the AM is Starbucks!!! Win-Win!! I can't wait to go back in the spring when the roof top lounge is open!

The location is perfect ~ within walking distance of EVERYTHING!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my go-to NYC hotel. It's one block from the cross town subway. It's an excellent value most of the time but room prices vary dramatically throughout the year. Rooms are very nice but ask about the current room renovation work before booking. It didn't impact me at all on this trip but they are re-doing some rooms floor by floor during the day. I've been here several times in the past year and I'll be back again.

• Stayed: January 2013