“Such a great stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #141 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I loved this hotel from the moment I stepped in, the lobby was really clean and the reception staff were very nice! This hotel is all you need for a great stay in new york city, Duane Reade is just across the road and time square was just a 5 minute walk away. The wifi was great, incredibly fast/ free and easy to connect to. There was also a great food emporium a quick 3 minute walk away which was very convenient!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa C
Write a ReviewReviews (7,531)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

For the price we paid, and the experience received, this hotel was excellent. We were in NYC during Superstorm Sandy, but if you didn't leave the hotel you would never have known! The hotel was well run, very clean and generally pleasant to stay in.

Great location for tourists. Very close to a number of subway stations and you can walk to a lot of key places. Heaps of theatres around, if that's your thing. As getting around was difficult when we were there, we ate predominately at restaurants we could walk to, and using Yelp we found some real gems nearby.

We had a King room, which was large by NYC standards. Good, comfy bed too. We were on the 14th floor, but you could open the window, which I loved in terms of getting fresh air in. Windows were double glazed also, so the traffic noise wasn't an issue (as it cain be in NY)!

Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: As you're in NY, the higher floors are better to combat street noise!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank desktraveller101
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I picked this hotel for my first NYC trip. I had so many things planned and coming from a warm place (sun 365 days a year) I wanted to be central, but also get a good deal for my money.
The rooms are just what you need. Not too big, not too small. Even though the room I was in the bed was completely worn through on the right side and caused back problems. I ended up sleeping diagonal in the bed. I was in room 1120, management should put a bed board under the mattress or at least check that room.
Rooms come with a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker which gets replenished on a daily basis.
I had brought some tea with me to drink at night to keep warm, but did not need so as the room was comfortable warm enough and the hot steamy shower kicked out the cold of walking around the city all day.
Security measures are taken as they ask you to show a room key when you come in from outside to prevent strangers from walking through hallways.
Upon check in I was offered either breakfast for two or 750 extra Hilton Honors points. As it was just me travelling, I asked if I could get breakfast for one person and half of the points. The very nice Front Desk Agent told me he'll give me both, which he did.
Very nice. Staff is very friendly and working in a hotel myself, I do pay attention to people's attitude.
Breakfast buffet is all you need to get started for a busy day. The waiters are sometimes overwhelmed and seem a bit annoyed.
I was surprised to see employees walk around non-Hilton-Standard like with earrings working in F&B; but it didn't put a damper on my trip.
One bad thing about the restaurant: too many tables: I'd rather wait another 15- 20 minutes than be stuck behind a table on a long bench from where I cannot move.
I had to push tables together to get out from behind the table to go to the buffet. Not a problem when the tables next to you are empty. A bigger problem but later during the course of my breakfast as the tables next to me where occupied. I was stuck on the couch. Couldn't move. Terrible. We had to move three different tables for me to get out. That was the only bad thing, hence just a very good and not excellent.
For my future NYC trip, I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: - bring earplugs. The noise of the city (for any non-city sleeper) will keep you up at night
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jules S
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Jules S,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. I would like to truly apologize for the inconvenience with the bed and assure you that our housekeeping will take action to fix the problem. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t fully satisfied with your experience in the restaurant. Since Pigalle is not affiliated with our hotel I will bring your concerns and suggestions to their management’s attention.

We strive to deliver exceptional service and make sure that our guests are fully satisfied with their stay, so if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back to our property in the future.

With kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice rooms - free coffee - wifi included in price - Very pleasant staff. I stayed during hurricane Sandy and the staff did their best to accommodate my needs. The concierge was very helpful. Location is superb. I think the rates vary a lot but that is typical of Hilton - I know the rates increased during the hurricane but that because the hotel was full - every hotel in New York was the same.

If I came back to New York I would try and stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved this hotel. Even before we got there the concierge and hotel staff were really helpful in our requests. We had a lovely twin room with lots of space. It was very clean. The adjoining restaurant had great breakfasts and dinners. There was even a Jazz band playing one night. The location is perfect, just around the corner from Times Square. If going back to JFK ask the hotel to book you a car, was only around $10 more expensive than a taxi but is quicker and way more comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Omi_Maj
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in October 2012 and found it to be clean, comfortable, spacious, and convenient. The location was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I love everything about this boutique Hilton hotel. The best location near to subways, theaters, restaurants.
And with the best, nice, and always helpful stuff. From bell men to front desk, housekeepers ... guest managers.
Cant wait to come back.