I would 100% recommend this hotel for those travelling to NYC and I intend on returning the next time I visit the city. The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect for everything you could ever want. We got a subway from JFK directly to the hotel (E train from Jamaica Station) & used the subway multiple times a day to get Downtown, to SoHo, Central Park etc. The hotel is close to the Port Authority bus terminal where we were able to catch a bus out to Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall. Plus we could walk from the hotel to Times Sq (just around the corner), the Intrepid Museum/Circle Line Cruise (a couple of blocks away) and any Broadway show you could ever want to see.
Upon arrival we were given a complimentary American breakfast in the restaurant adjoining the hotel and 2 bottles of water. There were also birthday cupcakes in our room on arrival which greatly added to our excitement when we entered the room. We were in room 1502 on the 15th floor (King Corner room) which was spotlessly clean with a great view of the Hudson River and 8th Ave. The room itself was huge by any standard, let alone by New York standards. We had a sofa, a massive bay window, flatscreen tv, microwave..everything anybody could ever want! We had free wifi in the rooms which allowed us to Skype our relatives and book restaurants near the hotel on OpenTable each night. A tip we would give is to venture into Hells Kitchen which is near the hotel, the restaurant selection in this area is second to none and great value (if you like Thai food Yum Yum Toos in Hells Kitchen is only a number of blocks away and had great food at reasonable prices).
I am so impressed with this hotel and the effort that was made by each and every staff member to make our New York experience the best that it could be. I particularly would like to thank Laura Maldonado for including comments on our reservation that it was my birthday and that we would like a room on a higher floor. We will be recommending this hotel to all of our friends, colleagues and family and I hope to return again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton