“Exceptional value, cleanliness and service in a central location.”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #141 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We saw all the great reviews here and we felt this place sounded like the best combination of reasonable rates and top user reviews. We hit the jackpot! I loved everything from the awesome location, easily accessible subways, superb friendly service and squeaky clean rooms with adjustable firmness bedding. The rooms are not huge but they are comparable to decent hotels across the country, quite comfortable with nice furnishings and a Herman Miller desk chair to boot. Wifi was included and it was pretty speedy. Didn't try the restaurant because there are about a thousand in that corner of NYC.

Room Tip: Our room at the south end of the hall overlooked 48th street in the theatre district. Great view dow...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton garden inn at Times Square will provide you with a great location and excellent friendly service :).. The rooms are absolutely nothing to brag about but are at least very clean..would definitely recommend staying here as it is one of the better values in times swuare

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had reserved the hotel actually for my son and his new wife's honeymoon. They are young, 22 years each, and we wanted to send them someplace where they didn't have to worry about renting a car, going overseas, and that we could pay for everything in advance for them. When Estela had emailed me prior to the stay to ask if I had any questions or requests, I explained the situation. She emailed me almost immediately back, offered her congratulations, and said that the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square would do whatever they could to make it special.
The kids were so excited to see that Estela's team had prepared their room with roses and champagne! I know it's not a huge deal to most, but for them it really set the pace for wonderful week they had there. they felt very special. The courteous staff there helped them with taxis, restaurant advice, and directions. It was there first time ever to NY.
I think I stay at Hilton properties 60-75 times a year. I work for a non-profit organization that tries to be extremely frugal and accountable with donor dollars. Although Hilton is never the cheapest, it's always consistent: customer service, room amenities, great beds, and good gyms. All the things that keep my 6 months a year travel schedule crazy travel somewhat saner. The points become my saving grace in helping out others and for my own family vacations.
In this day and time, with so many competing for much less dollars, it really comes down to who treats you well, and offers you the closest to what you really need. Hilton always does a great job for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is located right by times square and rockefeller center. Tons of great restaurants and broadway shows nearby. The hotel was clean, quiet, and decent sized for a new york hotel. Secured during late night hours. I would recommend reserving a car service back to the airport. It took us about 45 minutes on a Sunday afternoon to get to LGA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I expected courteous service, a comfortable room with 2 queen beds, and (based on other reviews) a convenient location. But our stay included all that and more. The room felt normal-sized - even though it was in NYC. The beds were comfortable, the refrigerator was a great convenience. We were on the 12th floor with a view down to a little courtyard area, we didn't hear any noise from outside or inside the hotel at night. Everything was in great working order, the elevators weren't crowded or slow, everything was clean. Breakfast was a nice buffet. The bellmen were fantastic. The front desk employees were friendly and efficient. There is a terrific food emporium right across the street, several of the major theaters are an easy short walk, there is a close subway station, and walking to and from Times Square is easy and pleasant. I've stayed in 3 other hotels which were very close to Times Square, but this was my favorite by far.

On the second morning I overloaded the wall mounted hairdryer, and called down to report that it wouldn't work but that we'd be out for the day. I was assured it would be fixed. When we got back at 7pm I tested it, it still didn't work, so I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance man right away with a handheld hair dryer. And he didn't express the slightest annoyance when we both realized that a handheld hair dryer had ALREADY been delivered, was plugged in and sitting right on the bathroom counter where even a blind person should have noticed it!

The impressive facility and staff, and perfect location, made this a great stay. I am a gold Hilton Honors member and felt well rewarded for booking through their website. I'll shop accomodations carefully before my next trip (that is what I do), but it would be hard to book anywhere else after this wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Familydream
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The location was excellent, central to both theaters and subway transportation. Hotel was quiet, clean, and the staff was friendly and quite helpful. Have been to NYC often, this was the best of all hotel e periences.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My entire stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square was positive, and I'd definitely recommend it. The staff was wonderful from the time that they offered to call as soon as my room was ready for early check-in (and did) to the time that they hailed me a cab to the airport. I particularly appreciated the attention that they gave to my expressed room location preferences. The room was spacious and clean, though there were some spots/tears on the sheets; the bathroom was a bit small but perfectly adequate, especially in the city! I had a room on the 14th Floor, overlooking 8th Avenue: the view was lovely, particularly at night, and the noise level was not a problem. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel's location is outstanding, just outside the fuss of Times Square but within walking distance of Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, etc. There is also a large grocery store (Food Emporium) right next to the hotel, which was particularly convenient given the room's mini fridge. My stays at this Hilton Garden Inn and the one on 35th Street have made me much more likely to stay at Hilton Garden Inns moving forward, and I'd definitely recommend this hotel or return to it myself!

Room Tip: My upper floor room overlooking 8th Avenue had a great view, and I had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business