I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights last weekend. Location wise it's excellent - near Times Square and a myriad of restaurants on 8th Avenue. My room on the 10th floor was spacious for NYC, and of the standard you would expect from a Hilton property. I had a nice view of 8th Ave and surrounding area. A refrigerator came in handy and there was an ice machine just a few doors down. I had two staff experiences worth sharing, one good one not so. To get the bad one out of the way, when checking out I asked the Bellman to store my cases and also order me a cab to the airport for later that day. He took care of the bags but said I should ask about the cab when i came back for them - a guy called Ken would look after that for me. I duly returned to find that Ken knew about my requirement for a cab but had not booked one and he could not understand why the earlier shift had not done that for me...and when he rang, there were no cabs available ! So he ended up hailing one in the street which wound up costing me $100 to Newark which I'm sure was a rip-off. Love to know how much a pre booked can would have cost.
The good experience was when a front of house guy called Ennio not only recommended a local bar ( House of Brews ! ), but insisted in walking us to it, a couple of blocks away from the hotel. When I told him about how much we were enjoying our stay, he was genuinely delighted to hear it....he is a first rate ambassador for the hotel and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves for it !
To sum up, I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton