This does not feel like a posh, 5-star hotel. There's a homey feel to the Hilton Garden Inn, and I really loved it. The rooms are very spacious, beds extremely comfortable, and the mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker included in every room made it possible to have a low key breakfast or lunch had we planned ahead for that (or been staying longer). The bathroom was a little tight, but really just in the sense that there's not a lot of room around the toilet, and tight with two people using it at once, but just fine for one. Nothing to drop it's rating down, just thought I'd mention it for those traveling with families or several people using the same bathroom.
The rooms were quiet. We were on the top floor (15), and heard absolutely no traffic noise or noise from guests our entire trip. We had requested a quiet room, so if that's important to you, you may want to do the same. We also mentioned in our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary, and a bottle of champagne was in our room upon arrival. What a nice touch! This hotel is full of great service like this. We were constantly asked if there was ANYTHING they could do to help or make our stay more enjoyable - and they meant it! Went above and beyond to answer any questions or give dining recommendations and take care of our needs. Service was really wonderful here.
Only complaint was that the fitness room was pretty small. I think it had two treadmills, an elliptical machine, and a rack of free weights, a water cooler, and one large wall-mounted tv, all in a fairly small and narrow room. I had a workout dvd that I was hoping to do while on vacation (I get plenty of walking, so the thought of a treadmill does not inspire me), and no DVD player in my room or in the gym to play it. Not much room in the gym for it anyway. However, I did not ask the front desk about a DVD player, so who knows? They may have been able to do something, but I just didn't feel it was worth asking about for our brief 2-night stay.
Overall, Rooms were clean and tidy. Location was wonderful. We like to see a lot of theatre when we stay in New York, and this hotel was within a few blocks of everything. Nice restaurants nearby. I would definitely come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton