“Clean, spacious rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #142 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 12, 2012

If what you're looking for is a safe, clean, well-located, friendly, spacious hotel with attentive concierge, bell and lobby staff, this is the hotel for you. Who spends time in NYC in their hotel room, right? But knowing you have a clean and comfortable room to return to was key to my overall experience. Easy walk to theatres, Rockefeller, Central Park, Times Square, Restaurant Row, subway and diners. Energetic but 20 minute walk to upper east or west sides, Trump Tower, NYC Ballet, etc. Just far enough off Times Square to dim the NYC noise, lovely location. Saw both families and business people in the lobby checking in.

Room Tip: choose corner room is possible, large for a NYC hotel. "facing 49th St" is not city view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 12, 2012

The price was right and the location is great. Right around the corner from Times Square and within walking distance of most Broadway theaters. Terrific restaurant on the premises (Pigalle). Subway, drug store, and 'gourmet' deli across the street. For the most part, the staff was attentive and helpful. The room was clean and without that 'hotel odor' some places can have. I liked having a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room. We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have a little more room and are worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Staying here now for 3 nights on a business trip. The rooms are just fine. I am in a king corner room which is a good size for 2 people. My only complaint is they are looking a little bit worn. I needed the linens changed because they were a little musty. The bathroom is your standard HGI bathroom. Great location for shows and subways. I usually end up at the Hilton property with the best rate while on trips to NYC and the HGI Times Square got my business this time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank UpInTheAir80
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear UpInTheAir80,

We really appreciate the time you took to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Every bit of information helps us become the best hotel possible.

Today, I discussed with our Executive Housekeeper your comments about the linen. We will work as a team to make sure the situation does not repeat itself.

On the other hand, I am glad our location worked well with your plans. We are right in the heart of New York City close to many of the places you want to visit.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback and your loyalty to all Hilton Hotels.

Kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here four nights at the start of January. First thing to mention is the location- its fantastic. 5-10 min walk to times square, central park, 5th avenue, rockerfeller centre. It as right near the bus tours and subway and lots of diners for breakfast. No where is far! We didn't speak a lot of time in the hotel. Room was clean and nicely appointed. Free wifi was fantastic to plan the next day. Didn't have much to do with the staff but they were all friendly and helpful. I would Definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting New York without hesitation!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Needmorehol
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed just 1 night and had an awesome experience. I travel for business so used my points for this stay. With points I expect a clean room and not much more to be honest. Well that is not what we received at this location! A choice of several rooms. A birthday card and tray of cup cakes for my birthday that was earlier that week. A very comfortable room and bed. A great breakfast. A staff that could not do enough for us. And Nicole the Customer Experience Manager is just the best of best! She made our stay what it was and we are very thankful. If you are staying in the City and 48th and 8th ave works, then this is the hotel to stay at!! Thanks, Florida Traveler

Room Tip: Ask for one facing 8th ave.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FloridaTraveler1997

Dear FloridaTraveler1997,

Thank you!!! We are delighted to know about your great experience with us and the fact that we made your birthday extra special. We are all about friendly service in a great location.

I hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back very soon and maybe welcome you every year for your birthday celebration!

Kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I selected this hotel due to the rate being approx $200 - $250 cheaper than other hotels, even a Hampton Inn. I was impressed with what I received. Service was good. My room was a nice size, quiet and comfortable. I am heading back to NYC in Feb and will certainly check out this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed at Hilton for 5 nights with boyfriend.

Room was very clean and for New York was spacious also. Location was good because you could walk a few blocks and be right in the thick of it, or you could stick to 8th ave and check out some restaurants and shops around there. Random tip, if you have built up laundry through your travels, there is a lot of wash and fold places where they will do your laundry by the pound and it was well worth it! Being able to drop off and pick up rather than sit at a laundrette...

We stupidly flew overnight from LA, so we arrived at the hotel around 8am.. Silly planning on my part, I had hoped a room would be ready. They very kindly allowed us to check in at 11am when a room was ready, and because I had let them know it was bf's birthday during our stay, they gave us a high up room and also gave him a card and gift bag which was very sweet.

One thing I didn't love about this hotel was the night staff... We went down the street for some snacks around 10pm and got back less than half an hour later, and as we walked towards the lift they stopped us and asked to see a room key. I didn't really like that as we are both professional people, in our mid and late 20's and neither of us dress like rif raff, so wasn't expecting that! I understand they have to look out for guests safety, but we had just walked past them when we left, and they had "forgotten" us 30 minutes later?

Overall, loved the hotel, and their allowing us to check in when a room was free was very appreciated!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple