“great value for a great location”

Washington Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #276 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Rooms are fairly small but I have stayed several times and the rooms have been exceptionally clean and the staff very helpful. I come into the city for shows and their location is ideal, a few blocks from most of the Broadway theaters and also walkable distance to Lincoln Center. Other moderately priced hotels in the area that I have stayed at have not been as clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A convenient walk to Lincoln Center and Restaurants. Excellent service at the Hotel, friendly, helpful staff. I highly recommend this hotel for its location in the hub of the theater district and closeness to Lincoln Center. Easy to get to from the George Washington Bridge. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great location. The room is basic. Bathroom is very good with a whirlpool bath. I love that I can open the windows for fresh air. Ordering ice was fairly quick but I would have preferred self service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I was so impressed with this hotel. The staff were so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The decor is beautiful. Cleanliness is superb. LOVED that they offer a free luggage check both before your checkin time and after you check out!!! I definitely didn't want to be toting my bags all over the city during the day. They gave me a free upgrade to a room with a king bed and jacuzzi bathtub when I checked in. No idea why, but it was awesome. Normally I would never soak in a hotel tub but this tub was sparkling clean. The toiletries smell really nice, lavender and peppermint. And the location cannot be better. It is one block from the subway and two blocks from Broadway. I was able to easily walk to the shows I went to, didn't need to worry about trying to get a cab after. Easy walking distance to Times Square, too. I recommend everything about this hotel and will always stay here from now on when coming to the city. It could not be better. I booked through Priceline.com which linked to booking.com and my room was only about $125 a night before taxes. Don't know if summer prices will increase a lot, but I was expecting to pay a LOT more for a nice hotel in New York. Super pleased with the whole experience.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank RaineN
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks in WJ. It was first time in NYC and was looking for hotels near Times Square which was near to my work location and in the range of $120 - $150. I stumbled upon WJ and booked for a week stay going by trip advisor ratings. In couple of days I made up my mind to continue here all 3 weeks. Overall stay was good, hotel staff is very humble and helpful 24X7. Rooms are adequately small, standard rooms are better (specifically *34 series, I stayed in 634 for 2 weeks). Location is another advantage. Very close to subway C&E. Some more at couple of block distance. Timesquare is 2-3 blocks. All dining places on 9th street just a block away. Within a mile you can reach almost 40-50% of locations to visit in Manhattan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chandrashekhar T
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved this place. The Plaza or Waldorf it wasn't but then I didn't have to pay $1000's for my stay either. It was just a clean comfortable room with a hot shower in the morning before my days adventures and a nice place to lay my head at night. Walking distance to everything Broadway and close to subway stations for adventures uptown or downtown. All at an extremely reasonable "Manhattan" price. Thanks to WJ Hotel staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great last-minute price and location could not be better! We booked because our flight was moved and the staff was understanding and very helpful. We will definitely be back to this hotel the next time we're in NYC

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple