“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019-5594 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #158 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

5 night break with my daughters, location was excellent but far enough away from the real hustle of time square.
Lovely room with twin double beds, very modern and comfortable. Excellent shower too! Would recommend for price and location. Didn't try any food in hotel.
It was my daughters birthday trip and there was a cake and a birthday greeting letter in the room which was a nice touch.
Only bad points were that the air con was very noisy and even in May when it wasn't very warm we needed it. Another negative for me was that the beds were small doubles, not a major problem though.
Would use this hotel in the future.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karen Y
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We at the Ameritania go above and beyond to ensure that all our guests feel as if the Ameritania is their home away from home and it is great to hear you had the best stay ever! We would be honored by your return. Contact us directly on your next visit to ensure excellent service.

Kindest regards.
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed in Ameritania for 6 days with my family. We enjoyed our stay very much, especially because of the comfortable hotel rooms and the staff. The staff was incredibly kind and always willing to help! We also loved the Doormen, they were very helpful. Ameritania is located nearby Times Square, which was great! If we are going to New York again, we will definitly stay at Ameritania again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear , Nina V
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ameritania Hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guests know that we will go above and beyond to meet their expectations. Your review has been acknowledged by all departments and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to NYC!

All the best
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at Ameritania. It's literally around the corner from the Dave Letterman Show's Ed Sullivan Theater. Right off Broadway. So you are a couple blocks north of the craziness that is Time Square and a few blocks south of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Super convenient location where you can walk almost anywhere. And your surrounded by dining options, deli's and carry outs.
First off - Sarah at the front desk is awesome. I had a problem with my room and she took great care of us. She recognized me every time she saw me. Attentive and great attitude.
Second - this is a boutique hotel with a fresh makeover. Very well done. From the funky, bright lobby to the nice carpet, comfortable beds and small-but luxurious bathrooms. Sheets and towels were high end. Lighting funkier more than functional (not very bright).
What might take you by surprise is how tiny the rooms are. My first room was a Standard. Barely enough space to walk around the bed - especially on one side that has this gigantic, thick framed mirror leaning up against the wall. It takes up the majority of the already narrow walkway around one side of the bed. I would say that this was passable for one person with one suitcase. I wouldn't put two in here.
I did have a problem - my room would not cool. They immediately sent up an engineer who pronounced my thermostat broken and programmed my unit to work at the control panel on the unit himself. It seemed to work but then failed again.
That night another call brought up a guy who did not appear to know much about how to fix it and I was promised a new room tomorrow and no other option. (I was told they were sold out and no other rooms available for me).
The good news is that the next day they had moved my bags into a better, larger room with an AC that worked. Only I have to say that the wall units are very loud and it woke us up a few times per night when it kicked on.
I have one other tip should you stay here - the beds were designed with this tubular frame holding a black leather raised platform. It looks very nice - but whereas most hotels inset their bed frame supports so that you don't stub your toes while walking around it, this one was makes it almost impossible to avoid! The steel support tubes are in the far extended corners of the frame, and hidden below the black platform. Especially in these tiny rooms we both kicked it with our toes trying to walk around the bed.
Would I stay here again? Location is awesome. Nice Staff at the front desk (Sarah!). Probably but not in a Standard room, unless it was just me for a very short stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ChrisFromCincinnati
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it .We sincerely apologize if your room was on the smaller end. We have many room types that vary in size and depending on availability some rooms are not available when our guests check-in, but always offer room changes to any guest who wants a room move. Please do not let this discourage you from returning and in fact when you do return, we will offer you a complimentary upgrade, just contact us in advance to ensure this. We would be honored by your return, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards.
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good location and very good restaurants nearby. Doormen very helpful. WiFi is not free…negative! Close to Times Square and Central Park. Rooms were clean and nice. Breakfast is not so good so go to have breakfast some diners nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Petritl681
On behalf of the entire team at the Ameritania Hotel we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your overall experience during your visit. We truly appreciate having an opportunity to improve and become the best hotel possible.
I hope we get a chance to welcome you back in the near future and turning your 4 star into a 5 star!

Best regards,
Renaldo Moore
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nearly excellent! The bed was super comfy. Great location. The Door guys were lovely and helpful. BUT... The Reception staff were unhelpful and not friendly at all! You expect the frontline of any hotel to be fantastic! It's a shame as This really lets the hotel down!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear, ashygirl
Thank you very much for your comments. Please know that we are constantly striving to provide a higher level of service and it appears that one or two staff members failed to deliver the usual and expected standards that you deserve. I would like to know more details about your stay, so please feel free to contact me at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I had a wonderful time in this hotel me and my husband. Perfect location, nice facilities and outstanding staff. It feels great to go on holidays and have this great time, I recommend it 100%. We will come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit New York City.

Kind Regards,
Pori, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We (my wife and I) stayed at the Ameritania 10 days, service was as good as it can be, when ever you needed it. Gentmen at hoteldoor were very polite and helpful, specially Julian (I hope, I remember name right).
We didn't have any breakfast at the hotel, there is plenty of choices nearby to have great breakfasts, just around the corner.
New York is great !

Room Tip: As high as possible.