“Great location, no tea and coffee”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #122 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just recently returned from a 4night stay at this hotel, location was brilliant right on the corner of Broadway! Rooms were very clean, spacious and had very comfortable beds! Staff couldn't do enough for you, very helpful and friendly especially Jeff who arranged our return airport transfers for us taking away the stress of getting home. The only down side to this hotel is that there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and you won't even be able to get a warm drink in the hotel bar, you will be advised to head to the nearest Starbucks, luckily this is just over the road but has no seating area! All in all a great hotel and I would return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear I Love NYC

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ameritania Hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guests know that we will go above and beyond to meet their expectations. Sorry about not having no tea and coffee” in your room, but we do have complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. Your review has been acknowledged by all departments and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to NYC!

All the best,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (5,654)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location. This hotel is near most of the tourist attractions. As for the rooms, the size is quite average for New York. My only concern is that our room has almost no natural light. It is quite dark even in the middle of the day even with the curtains pushed back. As for service, some are helpful, some are not. So it is really depends on who you encounter that day. :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear sympnony88
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at the Ameritania Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your impromptu stay with us, and that our staff gave you a warm welcome. I will share your comments with our staff, and we sincerely hope you will return to the Ameritania for your next trip to New York City.

Kind regards,
Renaldo Moore

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Room size - reasonable for New York certainly didn't feel too small.

Decor - great modern clean decor made the room feel a high standard.

Bathroom - attention to detail lacking, grouting messy and smaller shower head leaked due to stripped threads.

Sheets and towels during stay we're hit and miss. Towels were threadbare at time looking over warn, not what you expect I'm a hotel like this. Also the size was very small. On two occasions the bed sheets had black stains on them.

Location - central for Time Square, Broadway, Central Park and Hell's Kitchen. Close to subway so easy and quick to get around Manhattan.

Avoid the mini bar in room - costly. Ask for room on higher level to minimise noise from street.

Would recommend hotel someone looking to stay in this area of Manhattan.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear RachNewcastie

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ameritania Hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guests know that we will go above and beyond to meet their expectations. Your review has been acknowledged by all departments and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to NYC!

All the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in this hotel in the beginning of February. The hotel is lovely inside, rooms are very clean and reception areas etc are lovely. All very modern with an art deco style. The bedroom we were in was very large. I know other people say they are small but I found it a very good size.

You cannot get a better location. Right on broadway beside all the theatres, about 5 minutes walk to the centre of times square (although you can see it from the end of the street where the hotel is) and about 5-7 minutes walk to central park.

Staff are amazing, could not have tried to help us more. While we were there it was my 30th birthday and almost every time we went to reception for anything and they checked our room number they said, happy birthday. I asked for wifi and was going to pay for it and they said, you can have it for free for your stay as its your birthday. On the day of my birthday they left me champagne and a beautiful cupcake in our room. They sent up ice for the champagne as well later on. I was thoroughly impressed with them. We also managed to leave one of my shoes in the hotel while we were there and when we asked them about it they sent us a picture of it and said, is that it? We will post it to you. The amount of freebies we got from the hotel was unreal. I actually feel a bit guilty! They were so kind and I really think it must come from great management. The doormen where very helpful and polite at all times.

I have recommended this hotel already to a few people and if I ever return to New York I will DEFINITELY be staying here. You will not regret the decision to stay in this hotel.

I would also recommend at least one day on the open top bus. I know everyone says you should use the subway but you don't see anything when you are underground! It is good to get around quickly but I definitely found the bus a brilliant way around the city.

Thank you so much to the hotel for everything. You really made my birthday so much more special!

1  Thank MissAnderson

Dear MissAnderson,
Thank you for experimenting and choosing us, we appreciate your business and further appreciate the feedback. Your level of comfort is our utmost goal and we are happy that we achieved that. Our staff is delighted to see your feedback regarding our customer service and we appreciate you taking the time to share that will fellow readers. See you back again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago. Loved the design of it, was so comfortable! Nicest staff we met on the whole trip! Mike was very helpful and organised a car back to the airport for us.
Hotel was very clean (we did not see any "homeless" people staying at the hotel).
We had a room higher up as we read about noise but you are always going to get noise in a major city centre.
Hotel was walking distance to Central Park and Times Square.
We would use this hotel again!

1  Thank kelly7411

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were only a few blocks from everything we wanted to see. Staff went above and beyond to accommodate. Our room was a little small even though we had a deluxe king size room, but it was plenty large enough for the two of us.

The only issues we had were that the TV reception wasn't very good, but we were there to explore the city, so that wasn't a very big deal. The biggest issue was that we had no control over the heat in the room. Even after turning the thermostat off, heat was still coming out of the radiator. It was February, and we left the window open during our entire stay.

All in all, this was a fantastic place to stay with an amazing location. We were within walking distance of everything we wanted to do, but far enough to avoid the noise of Times Square. When we head back to NYC, we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear halamazoo

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff delivered top-notch service to you with a great Martini. With such a great location and a neighbor like Letterman, celebrity run-ins are almost inevitable! We are glad you got to experience such a great New York moment! I will share your comments with our staff, and we sincerely hope you will return to the Ameritania for your next trip to New York City.

Most sincerely
Renaldo Moore

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have spent 3 nights in this hotel. Everything was fine, clean...but we had veeery small room. We had 2 suitcases and it was like there is space just for them. King s bed was very small too...too small for couple. I am also disappointed from paid wifi...I didn´t expect that in Manhattan hotel.

Room Tip: When you are couple, don t choose king s bed room - bed is sooo small!