“David P”

Ranked #137 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“David P”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Fantastic location, short walk from time square, central park and many other key attractions in the wonderful city. Hotel is clean tidy and inviting. the staff are all very helpful, particular praise to Jeff at the front of house, who helped to clear up my onward travel arrangements with my carrier after a mix up on their part. Top job top man! Cheers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay at Ameritania Hotel! Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us! It was wonderful to hear that our hotel met your expectations. I am especially thrilled that you found our service to be helpful and ongoing. We are so happy to have been able to make your New York experience even more wonderful and we look forward to welcoming you back again!
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my first time in NYC. I went with my daughter and we were very impressed with the Ameritania. From the second that we arrived by taxi we were thrilled . The hotel was clean modern and very comfy. The whole experience was first class. The staff were so friendly and made you feel welcome. A big thank you to Jeff who met us when we arrived and was so helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one and we are hoping to book for next year.

1 Thank carole a
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be helpful, We pride ourselves in being able to provide the best service that, not only meets, but exceeds our guests’ expectations, so thank you once again. We hope that you will not stay away too long and return to visit us soon!

Jaca, Aragon, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located 2 blocks from the NR metro line, and about 7 blocks from Times Sq (10 minutes walk) and 5 blocks from Central Park in the other direction. The staff were helpful, the rooms cleaned well, and the doorman on hand all the time. The room was comfortable and not too noisy. The air conditioning/heating fan was a bit noisy, and the room often warm, so we switched that off and opened the window.
There are plenty of restaurants and coffee places nearby. Ellen's Stardust diner is only about 3 blocks away, and that is always a great place for a brunch or lunch.
I would stay here again, and recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to be near Times Sq.
My only complaint is the doorman offered to get me a private cab to take me to the airport, and that cab service was terrible (I had to telll the driver to stop texting while driving!), so get your own cab!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kengele

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in town on business and was very pleased with the location! Every staff member I ran into was pleasant and accommodating. I'm particular Crystal and GM Paul both made me feel right at home! The Ameritania Hotel will be my first choice every time I go to NYC!!

• Stayed November 2013

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my mom from 11/9 - 11/13/2013, and we both enjoyed our experience there.

First, the location is perfect! You are basically an 8-10 min walk from Times Square and Central Park. Rockefeller is also very close. The hotel is in the middle of Theater District, which is noisy at night, so after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and the suggestions from other travelers, I requested a room on the top floor away from the city noise. Very happy that they put us on the 12th floor away from the street! Absolutely no noise at night, so if you can't stand street noise, make the same request. :)

The room is small (expect this in NY), but clean and remodeled. I like the decor, the bathroom is very nice looking, and the bed comfortable. I care more about cleanliness, and this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. Again, I was glad the bathroom looks so modern, new, and clean! It helps that given it was sooo cold in NY (30 degrees at night), the bathroom has a heater.

As for the AC/Heater control in the room, we had some issues trying to figure out how to keep the room at a good steady temperature. If you want it to be around 70, the fan goes on loudly every once in a while to cool the room down, which is annoying at night. If you turn the control completely off, the room gets way too warm. I finally figured out that if I set the mode to "heat mode," and leave the temperature at 70 degrees, the loud fan does not turn on, but the steady airflow stays on. So that's my tip for those who are trying to achieve that.

As for the service, GREAT service. The hotel staff were all so helpful and friendly. Chris was the first one I met at the front desk. When I asked him what restaurants he recommended, he even called one of them to make reservations for us! (we ended up not making the reservation though since the next available opening was an hour later, and we were hungry, lol). Another time, a person with glasses pulled out a map and showed me how to get to Battery Park by train. He was so helpful and gave us clear directions, making sure that I got them clearly so that we would be fine. I didn't know his name, but I appreciate him for being so nice.

The doormen are all nice, smiled a lot at us, and were very polite. The maid was very nice too - this one time they ran out of toilet paper in the storage when I looked for her to grab an extra roll (we didn't want our rooms cleaned during the trip). Later that evening, when I came back, I found a roll of toilet paper hanging in a plastic bag on our doorknob. :)

Finally, the price for this hotel is good given the location and the quality. We got a really good deal on booking.com.

Great management and a great team at this hotel. I am recommending this place to my friends and others I know. I will also be coming back to stay at this hotel the next time I visit New York.

So if you are looking for a good hotel on a reasonable budget (and one that is close to main attractions), stay here at the Ameritania.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, request a room at the top away from the street (you don't ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We have forwarded your kind words to all of our departments and we all look forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.
See you soon

Renaldo Moore
Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Ameritania! The rooms were clean and quiet. I really appreciated the darkening draperies as it allowed my 7-year old to sleep later than usual in the morning. Incredibly convenient location! Renaldo Moor at the front desk was incredibly helpful. Highly recommend!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Located at the city center, the hotel is very close to subway line. Nearby to Broadway shows and with plenty of restaurants surrounding. We have been stayed in a twin room, size is not bad and nicely deco in modern styling. Only thing I dislike is the soft mattress and USD$10 for Wifi connection. I think they should at least provide free wifi for hotel guest at lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends