“MAY 2013”

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #135 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“MAY 2013”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Cozy small hotel but comfortable! Close to Times Square. I stayed for 3 days in which we were helped by a pleasant staff.Crystal Franklin assisted me throughout my stay.Each day she welcomed me with a smile. She booked shows for my family and even provided me with directions. Anytime I return to NYC I will stay in this hotel. My gratitude is shown to Crystal!

Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
thank you so much for your excellent feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and I am thrilled to hear we met your expectations. Our location makes the Ameritania an ideal place for anyone visiting New York and hope you return soon. Please feel free to contact us upon your next visit to ensure another excellent experience.

Kindest regards.
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is amazing!I felt comfortable. It was very clean and the staff was friendly.Crystal Franklin assisted my family and I in which she was polite, knowledgeable, friendly and a pleasure to be helped by her.I will definitely return due to Crystals service

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights, on my third visit this year. I value the fair pricing, service and especially exceptional location of this hotel. Jeff and Jalal at the door are always helpful and eager to make the stay special. Was greeted with sweet treat in my room upon arrival in my king size room with windows on two walls facing wonderful broadway. No complaints!

• Stayed May 2013
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us. I am sorry for the long delay in responding to you!

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Ameritania and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Judson
london
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

great 5 days in this hotel. staff really helpful. Jeff on the door was incredibly attentive! rooms great, bed was excellent and I slept so well. Shower had ok pressure and water always hot. Fine location to get everywhere, great delis everywhere so food was not an issue. If you are looking for a central midtown hotel, look no further this is a great place to stay if you are siteseeing or shopping. this is not a hotel where there are areas to just sit and chill.

La Quinta, California
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located for enjoying the NYC Theater District as well as major museums. But things just don't seem to work right. Had to be moved at check-in because the toilet keep "howling" as it constantly refilled itself. A repair man tried but failed to correct the problem. During my four-day stay the only way to sleep was with ear plugs because major construction across the street began very early and went until late. The "breakfast" offered for $12 was among the worst "continental breakfasts" I've ever had with stale pastry, cold cereal and a scowling attendant who didn't speak English (or just didn't want to). Colleagues also had to change rooms (couldn't get anything but heat from air conditioner!) and all of us had trouble finding power outlets for computers etc. Again, location is great but there are other hotels where you can enjoy your stay and the local entertainment with less hassle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this lovely boutique hotel in NYC. The location is great and the service … superb!
A week later I returned to the hotel and it was nice to be recognized by the Front Desk agent. Professional service and attentive to guest needs.
The rooms are very comfortable and have a great city view. I highly recommend the Ameritania.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We have forwarded your kind words to all of our departments and we all look forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.
See you soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at the Ameritania for 2 nights. It was in a great location and the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. They were great at suggesting things to do and were able to hold our luggage all day before check-in and after check-out. It also has a nice bar and the lobby is very hip. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely return again. Thanks also to Jeff, the doorman, for his help with our luggage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Chioe S, Thank you for your kind review and we are so glad you enjoyed the service here at the Ameritania Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kind Regards, Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff