“Interesting Hotel”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #128 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent one night here in this hotel. The rooms were very nice and modern (including a rain shower head). Wasn't crazy about the half glass shower door that doesn't move - the floor got pretty wet. The beds were doubles not queens and were not very comfortable - they look more comfortable than they are. No support I woke up feeling very achy and not refreshed. Usually the rooms in NYC are sound proof. Not the case here. I heard all of the goings on into the night. The location is right outside of Times Square (around the corner from the David Letterman studio) - which explains the priceyness of the hotel. All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again for the money I paid for the one night. The bar in the lobby is very small and does not carry domestic beers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear mrar1072,
Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. We would have been happy to move you and your family to a different room while you were here if we would have known how upset you were. Please let us know the next time you travel t as we would like to ensure that you have a better time than you did on your first visit.

Regard
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (5,466)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Myself and sister booked a trip to new York for 5 nights and I choose this hotel to stay in. It was a excellent stay with all the things that we would need from a hotel room. Firstly as a girl a decent hairdryer, huge mirror and great shower.
It even had a ipod dock station and free unlimited wifi, which was perfect for us as we liked to keep in touch with our partners.
Further as it was my sisters birthday we had a huge cupcake waiting from crumbs bakery ( which is one to try) and they also upgraded us to a bigger bed which was fab.
The staff were fab and really went out of their way to help.
The location is good and right on times square and the subway is nearby too.
You have to try evergreens for breakfast and dallas bbq on 8th avenue for food it was amazing.
Further definitely go see a comedy show it was hilarious and we even went to Madison square gardens and watched a live boxing match which was a really good experience.
I am normally one of those people that finds at least one thing wrong with the hotel but I can't find a single thing to complain about and I would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Leedskizza: Thank you for the five-star rating!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with our Front Desk staff. Look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely, Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Ameritania Hotel was recommended to us by a friend and we were not disappointed. It's in a great location within walking distance of Central Park, Times Square, and the theater district. The hotel looks newly refurbished and is fresh and clean. The room was comfortable with good beds and a wide screen TV. I loved the rainforest shower! The staff was friendly and helpful. Mario took care of our luggage until our room was ready. He remembered us throughout our visit and went out of his way to greet us and ask how our stay was. Crystal at the front desk was equally welcoming and helpful. All our dealings with the staff at the Amertania were pleasant. I am eager to book another trip to NYC and stay at the Ameritania.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear ,Charslot

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers! We are thrilled you had such an good experience and look forward to welcoming you back again and again. See you next time!

All the best,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been to NYC before, but this was the first time we stayed all weekend. The Broadway location was the point. The hotel was much nicer than I expected for the price. Very stylish. The staff was great! Javier the bartender was great. We ended every night down at the bar, and after the first night he already knew enough to make great wine recommendations based on my previous night's choices. Service was amazing. Even after I checked out, Jeffery kept an eye on my luggage and even contacted a car service after recommending what time I come back to the hotel to catch my flight. Will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Gail K, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know. Our staff’s number one priority is service and it’s great to hear we were able to meet your expectations. We would be honored to have you stay with us more often and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time so we could arrange the reservation to your liking. We hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards.
Renaldo Moore& Ameritania Staff

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just a week ago, I spent 7 days at the Ameritania Hotel in New York City with 7 other friends. I'd like to praise their friendliness and will to help. The location is perfect, close to Times Square, Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, everything anyone wants to see when in the Big Apple.
The rooms are clean and the beds are so comfortable that you want to take them back home when you leave. The TV set is wonderful and the mini-bar is very good, too.They provide you with plugs, hairdrier, many little things that make you feel comfortable. Perhaps the wardrobe is not very big, but enough for a week. The breakfast could be improved by adding fresh fruit.
I'd like to mention a very nice porter from the Dominican Republic who speaks perfect Spanish, which always helps. His name is Ronaldo or Reinaldo Moor. He was delightful and so friendly with our group.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit New York City. Kind Regards,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff..

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived early Friday morning and we were greeted with the friendliest Bellman Jeffrey and front desk Liza and Crystal. Crystal upgraded us to a double bed suite FOR FREE!! She also had a room ready for us at 10:00AM, and then kindly moved us up to a higher floor. She was great! The next morning Liza assisted us with getting our route prepared for the day! She included a map and everything! Gave us step by step instructions on what to do. While out and about that day we called her from the middle of ChinaTown and she guided us on the phone on where to go! That evening Crystal made our reservations for us for dinner, and then gave us directions on where to go. Jeffrey schedule our pick up from the hotel to the airport. Everything was wonderful! They staff is amazing, the rooms were both clean, and neat. The lounge was decorated beautifully! I was very pleased, and would most definitely go back, and or recommend the hotel to a friend!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear MissMadison03, thank you so much for your excellent feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and I am thrilled to hear we met your expectations. Our location makes the Ameritania an ideal place for anyone visiting New York and hope you return soon. Please feel free to contact us upon your next visit to ensure another excellent experience.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Checked into the Hotel on the evening of 4/19/13 through Hotel Tonight for one night. The evening staff as well as the morning staff (Liza) were professional and nice (no faking at all). I was in room on the third floor which was a king room that is abnormally bigger (which I welcomed) than most Manhattan hotel rooms. The room was nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, over-sized mirror and a very gorgeous modern styled bathroom. I ordered room service which to me seemed to be a bit too pricey ($70.44) for two burgers, two fries and two Sprites. The location of the hotel between Columbus Circle/Central Park and Times Sq. gets two thumbs up. If I have to stay in a hotel again in Manhattan (which is where I live), the Ameritania Hotel will be at the top of the this list.

1  Thank LAW70

Dear Law70
I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate the nice comments about our staff.. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ameritania Hotel.
Best