“Stay was Excellent Janice and Nemo at front desk was excellent”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #135 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay was Excellent Janice and Nemo at front desk was excellent”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love the stay. The room was small but it was highly stylized. The venue was close to everything and I walked to 5th Avenue to shopping. I ate in the are and there was a plethora of choices. I will stay there every time I am in NY. Janice at the front desk was amazing and Nemo was the doorman he was excellent.

Room Tip: Its small. I wouldnt recommend for multiple people.
1 Thank Jazzmynn F
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Jazzmynn F, Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit New York City. Kind Regards, Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband I just stayed at the Ameritania for along weekend and it was better then expected. I booked on line and got a great rate for a standard room, and then called to ask what is considered a standard room. I was told it is a room with one double bed and asked if I could have a queen and she said no problem. When we arrived I asked at the desk for an upgrade to a king and we were again accommodated. The room was on the interior section and did not have a view, but we had a busy schedule in NY and would not be in the room much. This was probably the most spacious room we ever had in NYC. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom/ shower was very nice too. The room was quiet all night long. Our only complaint was that it was too dark, there was not much natural light and the walls were a sepia brown color and the lighting is rather dim. Although we did not get the breakfast, we were able to have free coffee at the breakfast buffet. We had a light bulb out and there were no wash clothes but they remedied the situations right away. The location, was walking distance to just about everything we wanted to do in NY. We would go back.

Room Tip: Call ahead with your request and they will try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Recruitergal01
Dear Recruiterga101,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Ameritania Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel has been recently renovated and my corner room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. On the corner of 54th and Broadway, the hotel is close to the theatre district as well as central park, Times Square and other tourist attractions. The barman Javier makes fantastic cocktails and this was always a treat at the end of a long day. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a reasonably priced tourist location in NYC.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor so there was a bit of street noise. I would reecommend a room on a high...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CarmelW2
Dear Carmelw2,

Best,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Amertania is a high concept hotel with fun, contemporary style, located more or less in the Theatre District, with plenty of different subway lines nearby. My room was large, and had everything I needed. At first I was concerned that it was on the second floor and faced the ventilation system, but that actually acted as white noise, and I heard no street noise whatsoever. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. There were a couple of small issues: the room service came witha small paper napkin and the food was mediocre, but it's available 24 hours a day and arrived very quickly, which is a big plus. The design of the bed makes it a real shin killer, if you don't pay attention. The mattress was great, though. The night table has sharp edges. A pillow fixes that so it's no big deal. Overall I thought it was a very good hotel at a very good price.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nowthisdir
Dear nowthisdin,

We really appreciate the post! It’s great to hear you were able to take full advantage of the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. I will be certain to share your comments with the team. We love to hear feedback such as yours, and we hope to exceed your expectations on all visits here at Ameritania Hotel. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Hotel
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week while on a business trip to New York. I typically stay at the Marriott or Courtyard for almost twice the price I paid for this hotel. Yes, the room was small but well laid out. The best was excellent and everything was neat and clean. If you're traveling to New York and need a nice clean room to sleep and change clothes in, then this is the hotel for you. If you want a hotel that you're going to spend a lot of time in, then I would recommend somewhere else.

My room was on the 5th floor on the corner of Broadway. The view was great but the construction next door was noisy all night. Once this construction is done this will be an even better place to stay.

Room Tip: There's a Starbucks across the street
1 Thank Matthew P
Dear MatthewP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Ameritania Hotel..
We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us in the heart of Manhattan’s Theater District.
If we ever have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com if I can be of any assistance.

Renaldo Moore
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to NYC in the past 8 months and by far the best. I was traveling on business and the location was perfect for work and play. The lobby is gorgeous, the staff friendly and warm and the cupcake in the room, beyond any expectation I had. Very few hotels give you that personal touch. Ameritania Hotel is THE hotel I will stay in for my many future visits to NYC!

1 Thank HeatherR640
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff..
Campinas, SP
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was in New York for the 3rd time and first time at Ameritania. The hotel location was awesome, between Central Park and Times Square, close to 5th Avenue and major subway stations. Surroundings with nice cafes and grocery shops. Stayed with a friend in a renewed room in the 5th floor, with great decoration. Bathroom was also nice and new.
Staff was very friendly, specially Sylwia, the manager who was always ready to help out. We were allowed late checkout and the bell men arranged a shuttle for our departure to the airport.
I will sure recommend to friends and will be back if have the change to visit NYC again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flavia_April2013
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff..