“We Loved It!”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #125 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the ameritania in april with 3 others and we loved it! when we arrived we were greeted by the friendly and helpful staff, the lady on reception was very friendly and gave us a lot of information. Our bags were then taken to our room, when we got to the room we were wowed, it was amazing very modern and stylish, the beds were so comfy! When leaving we were then taken to the airport in one of the hotels cars, it was really nice.
The hotel is in a great location with lots of shops and cafes near by and just a minutes walk from times square, the only downside was there was no tea and coffee facilities in the room but starbucks across the road was just as good so i couldn't complain.
I will definitely be going back to this hotel if i go to new york again and would also recommend it to friends and family!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2014

Dear Bethrobinson_xx,

Thank you very much for your kind comments! I am delighted to know that your stay was great and that the staff was friendly and informative. Looking forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,

Judson

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I`ve stayed with my friends for 4 nights at Ameritania Hotel and it is not enough to say that it is a wonderful place. Great value for the price, considering it is NY City, with a perfect location on the 54th str. and Broadway and very chic and contemporary décor. The hotel has been recently renovated; beds are new, big, and very comfy with a topper, bathroom is spacious, clean, with a good light and big rain-head shower, there is also a safe box in the room. The management and staff were very friendly, especially Sylvie at the reception desk who welcomed me with a smile, making sure that we had everything, very friendly doorman and nice personnel on the floor. Breakfast is not included but across the street you`ve got few, not expensive places, with good coffee, bagels and salads for lunch. When I am in NY next time, I will definitely be staying at the Ameritania hotel again.
Aneta

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Dear Aneta L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and had the opportunity to enjoy our location in the heart of Manhattan's theater district. We look forward to welcoming you back the the Ameritania in the near future

Best Regards,

Judson

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just spent five days at the Ameritania. Loved the decor, reception services (except would have liked to have been able to use a computer to send emails) door men, especially Jeff who was pleasant and informative. Location was great and best hotel for money value. Thank you for a very comfortable stay. Will certainly be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear 2Kingsnsw
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from Ameritania Hotel.
We very much appreciate your kind words regarding our team. So sorry you dd not know we have an Ipad at the desk you can use to check emails. We pride ourselves on the intimate level of service our guests receive and I am delighted to know you appreciated this.
We would be honored to host you for another return visit. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel that I had booked for clients many times in the past (I was a travel agent). I had not stayed there myself until this visit and decided to give it a try. It was really a pleasant experience. The hotel is warm and inviting and in a fantastic location! We really loved it and appreciated how helpful everyone was with information about getting around the city and places to eat or drink. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GayeF
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are delighted to know you had an enjoyable visit with us and experienced the distinguished level of intimate service we pride ourselves on. I'm happy to see you from Virginia beach, So am I. We appreciate your kind words about our staff.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return visit. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com

Reviewed February 1, 2013

From the minute I pulled up in the signature New York yellow cab for the first time, my stay in the big apple was amazing! I was greeted at the Ameritania hotel by Hugo, who seems to know everything about anything in New York. He recommended a great restaurant for our first night here and it met our expectations 100%! Throughout our stay we did various things: explored the city, watched wicked on broadway, even saw the Knicks play. All in all a great trip! Ironically, Hugo loaded us back to the can back to the airport. Thank you Hugo!! Thank you Ameritania for keeping us!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Ricardocali2345

It was a true pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from Ameritania Hotel.
Here at Ameritania Hotel, we strive to provide our guests with a fresh and unique travel experience one can find in New York City. Our guest rooms are equipped with the finest amenities. The technological features incorporated throughout the room provides for a unique stay. I am thrilled to know you enjoyed these aspects of your guest room. We do hope to have the pleasure to host you for a return visit to The Ameritania Hotel. If there is anything I may be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in Jan 2013 and we loved our stay and so glad we chose the Ameritania. On arrival we were wowed by the modern, funky decor of the reception area, very clean and contemporary. At reception we were pleasantly welcomed, checked-in and given a great room on the 9th floor. We paid for just a standard room which was great for a couple. I travel a lot with my job and this was a great room by a lot of standards.

The hotel has had a refrub in the last year or two so is in good order all round. Our standard room had a huge bed (a mattress with cushioned top...with an added mattress topper!) that was soooo comfy! A huge stylish mirror (virtual floor to ceiling) on an angle gave the room a nice contemporary feel. Nice funky picture, comy sofa/chair in corner and a glass desk with chair next to it. The room had an amazing 42" TV...probably on of the largest TV in a hotel room I've stayed in! There was a fridge with some mini-bar items, but some room for your own drinks if you wished. There was an iron/ironing board in the room along with a complimentary safe (nice touch). The bathroom was equally as modern, with a rain-shower and modern fixtures/fittings. There are no kettle/tea/coffee facilities, but there is a Starbucks right opposite hotel if you need a drink OR (and this is where the Ameritania comes into its own), my wife likes a certain herbal tea and so we asked in reception about the possibility of hot water..."No problem sir, I'll send some right up" was the answer, and 5mins later we had a mug of hot water brought to the room...simply great service. The reception area really can't do enough for you...we bought some NY Rangers e-tickets that needed printing...the front desk sorted this no problem or charge! Fantastic.

We did not have breakfast, but did see this one morning and it looked good value for the price. For those interested what is around the hotel for breakfast / dinner etc, then we have some good advice. Outside of the hotel (turn right to the end of the street) there is a starbucks, which are literally everywhere in NYC. Great for a coffee anytime of day! For the American Breakfast experience, then I would recommend coming out of the hotel and turn right...cross the lights at Starbucks and carry on over one block to 7th Ave. This street has lots of Deli's and Breakfast places up and down. We would recommend Fluffys Cafe and Bakery, look it up, and also Cafe Metro was pretty good. The famous Carneigi Deli (look it up) is also opposite Fluffys that sell the famous pastrami deli sandwiches (enough for 2/3 people per serving)! For dinner, look up Basso56 (look it up) which again is just around the corner...an amazing restaurant with amazing fresh food, which was the same price as a TGI Fridays we ate one night. If we had found this place sooner we would have eaten there every night it was that good.

So in summary, the Ameritania is a great hotel, amazing location (5mins walk to the centre of Time Square), very clean with amazing staff. The icing on the cake for us was that on the last day we spoke with the super friendly and helpful doorman, Jalal. This friendly face of the Ameritania arranged a car for us back to JFK airport ($60). The car arrived on time, and to our surprise it was actually a black limo! You can imagine our joy at this...thank you Jalal and to all the staff at the Ameritania for making our trip so enjoyable.

We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LetYourselfGo_09

Dear, LetyourselfGo_09
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are delighted to know you had an enjoyable visit with us and experienced the distinguished level of intimate service we pride ourselves on. We appreciate your kind words about our staff.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and I will again. Great location, comfy, clean and modern rooms. Staff is always pleasant and helpful (especially Sylvia). We had problem with a heating unit, but it was fixed before we came back that evening. Tons of restaurants and shopping. Best hotel for the money and I definitely will be back!!! Thank you Ameritania for your hospitality!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ursula W

Dear, Ursula
Thank you for letting us know about your stay! Our associates are very passionate about providing our guests with the best experiences while on property, so the positive feedback is always appreciated - I will share it with our team. Looking forward to seeing soon.
Warm regards