“Great hospitality!”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #127 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My two children and I had a great, one night stay here. It is an absolute great location (just north of Times Square). It was also clean, modern and stored our luggage for the day while we roamed around the city. I got the room on priceline and had to call the hotel to make sure we got a room with two beds. They were immediately accomodating AND the person I communicated with, Sylwia Kruk, left a welcome note in our room with two beautiful delicious cupcakes for the kids! How sweet?!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Heidi H
I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate the nice comments about our staff.. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ameritania Hotel.
Best
Renaldo Moore& Ameritania Staff,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,465)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

What a good deal we got staying at the recently renovated Ameritania! We arrived late and the signage was half-burned out, street narrow and dark. LOL, got a little nervous. But the doormen (!) made us feel welcome (they are always warm and smiling), and the modern, bright style of the lobby was tasteful - very New York. The desk clerk was professional and got us into our room as quickly as possible; he had a note from the receptionist we'd called earlier to say our flight was cancelled, etc.

The 4th floor room was small, clean, and the bed was most comfortable. Large-screen TV, desk, small chest w/two drawers. Noise from the street on Friday night (not unusual when you stay in the heart of things) -- my husband brought earplugs, good thing. The bathroom though small had quality fixtures, two drawers & a shelf for convenience - a rainfall shower plus hand-held wand; very nice.

The best part is the location! You could be happy just hanging out in the few surrounding blocks, with excellent restaurants, a drugstore w/doctor, fresh food, coffee shops & Pie Face! Plus Crumbs for great cupcakes. The subway is quite convenient, but you can easily walk to Central Park or Time Square. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street noise - but, hey, it's the heart of NYC!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Stonesdoor, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience. Our location and service ARE impossible to beat :) and it’s great to hear you had such a fantastic stay. Please return in near future and contact us directly at the hotel so we can ensure you exceptional service.

Happy Holidays from Ameritania Staff

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just came back from a 2 night stay. We booked this hotel solely on price boy was that a mistake. You absolutely get what you pay for. By no means was this room cheap we paid $370.00 per night. When you pull up to this hotel it's on a very narrow street, fine, no big deal, BUT there is major construction going on across the street which is all you hear. I got a spot out front and checked in. Very nice people. There is no valet service so once I checked in I had to leave my bags and go park in the garage which I was told by the front desk would be $25.00 per day ended up being $30.00 per day and when I mentioned it at the garage the gentleman told me "they tell people that all the time" . I was going to go back to the hotel to mention something but he said he would call. I'd be curious to know if he actually did but I digress - We checked in and there are huge no smokey signs everywhere LOVE It but as you walk right out the door to the hotel to the left is there smoking area with a ton of people smoking so even though you are staying in a smoke free hotel you still get smoke in your face as you walk out the door.
Back to the small rooms - I didn't mind those at all but they didn't make good use of the space - there was 1 small 2 draw dresser type thing and that was it. There was a desk which draws would be helpful and a night stand again draws would be helpful. The bathroom was beautiful but again only 2 VERY small draws. The rooms are very dark very dark - my husband is visually impaired and he could hardly see. Our tiny window looked over the back alley (room #312) and all you could hear was the music from 3 Monekys (bar next dore) Overall it was okay but I honestly wouldn't stay hear again. There was no onsite restaurant so no room service - there was no valet parking so I had to fight to get my car in the garage and when I called for extra towels they handed them to me in a bag. Yes a bag. Same thing with us. We called for us (we had a bucket in our room ) and they came with a bag of ice. There was also no coffee pot in the room not that there was space for one but one would have been nice. OH we were told we could enjoy a cold botttle of water once we got to the room...for an $8.00 charge!

All in all Location is great! but for a little more money you can get location and service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jul123_12

Dear Jul123_12
I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience that you had at our hotel. We have infact completed renovations in our rooms and I am sorry to hear the rooms were not to your liking. I can assure you your comments have been forwarded to each department for review.
We appreciate all feedback from our guests - both positive and negative to improve in all areas of guest satisfaction. We hope that you may give our hotel, or one of our sister properties another chance in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Quality at a discount. This is a very clean hotel, with friendly and helpful service, located in the heart of Times Square.

We paid $209 when similar hotels were $350 per night. They also offer discounted parking which saves you $20 per day.

I recommend this hotel looking for a clean, convenient hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear mkalenl, Thank you so much for your feedback. Our location is indeed great and perfect for anyone visiting New York. There are many restaurants, attractions, and landmarks all within walking distance and since we are so central, many parts of the city are easily accessible via public transportation as well. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again. Please contact us directly to ensure optimal service.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

So it was my first time going to New York, I've checked out many hotels online and this one stood out to me the most because of the location and the price. It was literally walking distance to times square, central park, and other tourist spots to check out. So I made a reservation. It was time for my trip, got to the hotel, outside was really nice, hotel lobby was beautiful, our room was awesome, nice decor, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, mini fridge, and even a docking station to listen and charge up the iphone. The restroom was really nice too. Very modern looking which was very artsy. The shower was a ceiling kind of style head which was awesome with a water sprayer. Thing is the restroom didn't have a lock, but it was not a big deal for me and my girlfriend. The staff was very helpful, the one that stood out the most was Mourad, one of the doormen. He always opened our doors and helped us with our bags every time with a smile on his face. He even helped us get taxis and gave us directions to places we wanted to see and told us about good restaurants to dine at. Now would I go back again, recommend this place to a friend? YES! I would! When I plan my next trip to NY, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert E, Thank you for your glowing review. Our staff is thrilled to read we made such a memorable impression and look forward to welcoming you back for future visits to NYC. Please let us know if you have any requests when booking your next stay with us.
Best regards

Reviewed December 14, 2012

New York is a great city and the hotel Ameritania was the right choice: strategically located near Times Square. The guys at the hotel were all extremely courteous and willing to help, especially Jalal

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors but only because New York is a city that never sleeps
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna F

Dear Anna F, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers! We are thrilled you had such an epic experience and look forward to welcoming you back again and again. See you next time!
All the best,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just recently stayed here in a lovely quiet double room with great beds, nice linens, up to date decor, a a nice bathroom with a walk in shower and a great rain shower head. The service at the hotel was excellent, both helpful and friendly, from the front desk staff, the doormen,to the bartender who was wonderful to talk to in the evening. The hotel was within walking distance of Radio City music hall, Lincoln Center and the theater district. We would definitely return to this boutique hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vorgomona
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Vorgomona, thank you so much for your warm feedback. The shower heads in our bathrooms are so cool that I also want one! We are thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us. Our staff goes above and beyond to make every celebration extra special and it’s great that you had a great time. We would be honored for your return. Please contact us to ensure another amazing stay.