“Great location- many kinks that need fixed”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #135 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Akron, Ohio
“Great location- many kinks that need fixed”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Location was perfect. The lobby was beautiful and everyone that greated us was extremely nice. However, the first morning we were there the breaker in our room flipped while I was showering and another friend was blow drying her hair. Something I have never experienced in a hotel. It took over 15 minutes to get the electric back to our room which during the time we were in total darkness. The second night our air conditioning broke and wouldn't flip on. The gentelman they sent up to fix it spoke very little english and couldn't understand what we wanted- he ended up turning the heat on. After saying it was "fixed" I woke up at 2am to hear it making horrible clicking noises again and not working. Although we had booked the room for 3 adults- they gave us a small room with only one queen size bed and when the extra roll-away bed came there wasn't room to even walk. There was no ice machine anywhere to be found- which I found odd, and when we requested extra towels we were told to come to the front desk and pick them up- only to be sent back up to our room and told "they would send someone up with them shortly". While the staff was nice enough and the decor beautiful- I was highly irritated at all the little things that we seemed to have a hard time with. Things like this shouldn't be an issue. These may be petty issues but when you're paying good money you dont expect to deal with little things like this.

Room Tip: Make sure to check with the front desk a week before you're trip to verify how many beds you wil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Deanna T,
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less then what we had hoped for. I understand The breaker in this room was a big impact for your, experience. We are constantly supervising our teams work and moving forward we are performing more random inspections by a Senior Manager. Thank you for your review, as it helps us improve our current performance.
I would like the opportunity to further discuss the details of your stay and if you have the opportunity to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Alpharetta
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little doubtful but I was really impressed from the front desk, Monica and Crystal who were incredibly helpful pleasant and accommodating to Jeffrey at the door who couldn't have been more professional! The rooms were great, very comfortable and well designed. Location was great also. Don't hesitate to book here.!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Rise H
Dear Rise, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again. Please return and contact in advance so we can make it extra special on your next visit.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

It started with Jeff at the door. We arrived a bit early having travelled since the early morning hours. hungry and tired he guided our family of eight through the process of beginning check-in and moving luggage to the room that was clean and ready. Then he recommended a place for lunch. It was an Italian restaurant within walking distance and it was serving family style...perfect for our large group. When it was time to get two cabs so that we could move around, we only had to tell Jeff when we were departing and he made it happen. We occupied four rooms. One was much, much smaller than the others and difficult for the couple staying there. But that was our only challenge. Location is excellent. Even the small rooms are beautifully decorated and functional. Easy walking distance to Central Park or Times Square. Happy we found the Ameritania Hotel.

Room Tip: Low floors on the Broadway side can be noisy in early morning. If you want to sleep, request higher...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Ameritania Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff delivered top-notch service to you. Jeff certainly appreciates your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time

Kindest regards
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a great experience at Ameritania Hotel. I was celebrating 40th birthday. The staff was very accommodating, especially the Concierge Renaldo Moore. This guy knows his shows, eaterys and great tourist sites. Sylvia that works at the front desk was very well spoken and very accomdating also. I appreciate your entire staff and want to send out a big thanks to everyone. See you next time!

1 Thank Tabitha S
Dear.Tabitha S
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers about your stay at the Ameritania Hotel. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know. Our staff’s number one priority is service and it’s great to hear we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back next time. Best regards
Netherlands
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We made a tour through the south of the USA and our last stay is in New York. We spent 4 nights in this hotel. The location where it is located is on the corner of Broadway, close to Times Square and subway. Four years ago I was here. The hotel is totally renovated and has a modern look. In contrast, the rooms a little small. It takes effort to store two suitcases. WIFI is not free, it cost 10$ a day and it is very slow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear, Goetheer Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers about your stay at Ameritania Hotel. We would love to welcome you back and hope to turn your next review from a four star, to a five star! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to book your next stay with us. Kindest regards
Malabar, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Ameritania Hotel for 1 night on 9/28/12. It was a trip for business/pleasure. I have traveled to NYC many times and I just discovered the Ameritania Hotel. I would highly recommend it and I plan on returning there on future trips. The location was perfect for me. Just north of the busy Times Square area but a short walk there and to the theatre, shopping and many restaurants. The hotel is very nice inside and although my room was small....it was stylish and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was gorgeous. Very clean room. The staff was super friendly.....especially the Concierge Renaldo Moore. He was most accomodating in allowing me an early check-in @ 1:30pm so I could freshen up before my appointment at 3:30. The bellmen were also friendly and held my luggage before check-in on Friday....and after check-out on Saturday so I could do some shopping before leaving at 5pm. Now that I have discovered the Ameritania Hotel....I am looking forward to returning there on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jose M, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Richard, we are truly excited to know that your first stay at the Ameritania was accommodating and that our staff was friendly. Renaldo sends a special thanks! It is our number one priority to ensure that each guest is treated as king/queen and to accommodate each guest as best as possible. We are honored to be your new discovered gem and hope you return for your next trip to NYC! Best wishes from the entire staff.

Kindest regards.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very odd. Stayed for 4 nights with my sister, Thursday-Monday. Smallest room I've ever been in, but it was ok because I was quite impressed with all they were able to do with such little space - very New York (visiting from Texas). Everything was ok up until the very last night we were supposed to be there, and then it was all downhill. Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave for the US Open, the biggest cockroach I've ever seen is crawling around the walls of our room. For two girls in a shoebox, this is the most horrific scenario because our belongings are all out and have been that way for the past few days - it makes one wonder.... I wish I had a picture of it all, but I was afraid the roach was going to start flying. The concierge sent someone up to kill the roach, and then we actually moved all of our belongings to hotel storage so we could change rooms whenever we came back from the Open. When we came back, our new room had a "Do not touch - wet paint" sign outside the door and the entire room smelled like paint. We again questioned them about it and were given another room key. My sister went to check out the new room, while I waited in the wet paint room. It took her awhile before coming back. When she came back to the room, she has this strange look on her face and says to me, "Wanna hear something funny?" and proceeds to tell me how the front desk gave her a key to an already occupied room and the man in the room she walked into was already asleep and yelled at her. She went back to the front desk to explain what happened and they said, "That's strange, no one's supposed to be in that room...." and handed her a key to another room and said, "I hope the person who's supposed to check into this room doesn't show up tonight because I'll have to walk them to another hotel." The most bizarre hotel experience in my life.... perhaps we just stayed one too many nights.

1 Thank Christina N
Jose M, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Christina, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Our staff prides itself in providing the best possible service and it is very worrisome to us to hear of the incidents that you have described. We absolutely value your business and wish to make it up to you. Please contact me directly at Jmarmolejos@amsterdamhospitality.com, to further discuss your previous stay. We plead you us another chance and hope to hear from you very soon.

Kindest regards.