“A Great Find”

Ranked #129 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Muncie, Indiana, United States
“A Great Find”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ameritania Hotel and I was extremely pleased with my experience at this hotel.

For starters, the room in which we stayed (two double beds) was immaculate and looked exactly like the professional photos of the hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the shower was amazing. The location of the hotel was fantastic (corner of 54th and Broadway) and was a very short walk to Times Square and many other amazing attractions/sites in the city.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and more than happy to give a helping hand. A great thanks goes out to the manager, Paul. Unfortunately an error was made by a new employee upon check-in at the hotel. Paul went above and beyond to guarantee that I enjoyed my stay and was happy with the hotel. In my opinion, that is the sign of a great hotel and great management.

Overall, I couldn't possibly recommend any other hotel in NYC more than the Ameritania. We make several trips to the city every year, and we will be making the Ameritania our go to place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniel P
Jose M, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Daniel, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know. Our staff’s number one priority is service and it’s great to hear we were able to meet your expectations. We would be honored to have you stay with us more often and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time so we could arrange the reservation to your liking. We hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very clean , friendly staff, good cont. breakfast and great location. Chicago , the show was a fiewc blocks away as well as time sguare.Will stay here again next month. Took the train to Penn station then a subway up town very easy to get to.

Room Tip: Had a lower flooor and it was fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Bruce, thank you so much for your feedback. Our location is truly great, and perfect for any theater go-er since we are in the theater district. We would be honored to have you again! Please let us know in advance so we can provide you with extra attention.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the Ameritania hotel! Hotel staff were all very helpful and the reception desk has an IPad which you can borrow for free!! Rooms were made everyday, towels and bedding replaced when asked. Room was very comfortable and the hotel was based in a good location to explore NYC!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Tricia, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again. Please return and contact in advance so we can make it extra special on your next visit.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was highly disappointed with this hotel. When I called to make my reservation, the first thing I ask was "Do you have valet parking, and if not, what is the parking situation?" Since I was driving from out of state and I Know how expensive NYC parking can get, I wanted to confirm this with the hotel. They said they do not offer any parking, however there is a parking garage just down the street (100ft maybe), and they offer parking for "like $25 for 24 hours." EXACT WORDS from hotel front desk. Of course, I trusted them and booked a hotel room. When I arrived, I went to the garage and parked my car. My fault for not looking at the pricing before dropping the car off. The hotel held my luggage at the desk since I was early and the room wasn't ready. I was VERY HAPPY with the location. Letterman's studio was just below us, and Broadway was packed that weekend. This was the only upside to the hotel. The room was EXTREMELY SMALL...even for NYC. There was hardly any walking room around the bed. I'm glad I was alone because there would not have been enough room for 2 people to store luggage. The air conditioning situation was annoying as well. You had to stick your room key into a slot in order to manage the air; it was running all night on High even though I tried repeatedly to turn it off. But the worst part...the view. Very disappointing. After I checked out, I had brunch with friends and returned to pick up my car. $91!!!!!! I was pissed to say the least. Find a hotel with their own parking and at better rates.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelGoddess86
Jose M, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Travel Goddess86, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us about your experience online and lament that you did not have a positive one. We do not have a parking lot on-site and I understand how it could be confusing since there are many Icon Parking lots in Midtown. The Icon Parking lot we have an affiliation with is located on 1700 Broadway and the discounted rate for our guests is $30 dollars per 24 hours. We plead you return and stay with us again. We promise to make it up to you! Please contact me at Jmarmolejos@amsterdamhospitality.com, to personally ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Grenfell, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Three friends and myself planned a girls holiday in New York City. We had a wonderful time as the hotel was very good and the staff was excellent - especially the gentleman at the door. Super great and very helpful. A small problem with door keys and linens but nothing too bad. Would recommend this hotel - location is excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sylvester444
Dear Sylvester, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am elated to hear you and your friends had such a positive experience. Our staff is always delighted to help our guests and it’s great that you were satisfied with our service. We would be honored to have you return. Please contact us directly to ensure optimal service.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Ameritania was a fantastic place to stay in NYC! A fantastic location between the park and Times Square, nice staff and a good clean room. We stayed for seven nights and I loved coming back to the very comfy bed to rest my weary feet after a big day in the city. My only criticism is the noisy air conditioning, it was really hot whilst we were there and we had to turn the AC off at night time as it was keeping us awake. Other than that, I really rate the Ameritania!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Selina, thank you very much for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear you had a fantastic stay! Our sincerest apologies about your A.C. unit, we have an engineer on duty at all times and wish we were aware of your situation to solution this issue. We would be honored to have you stay with us again! Please contact us directly on your return to ensure optimal service.

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Ameritania is at the corner of Broadway and 54th St W. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The public areas are clean and modern (if a little chilly). The room was small but newly remodelled and very clean: modern bath with glass tiles, white sheets, comfortable bed; but the a/c was difficult to adjust so it was either too stuffy or too cold. The Ed Sullivan Theater is around the corner on Broadway. Studio 54 Theatre is 3 doors down on 54th. And there is a deli on the corner of 54th St W. and 8th Ave that offers a $4 breakfast special with free coffee. This hotel has to be the best-kept secret in NYC. Angelo's Restaurant (adjacent to the Ed Sullivan Theatre) has great pizza and Junior's Delicatessen has the best cheesecake in NYC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackrabbit11
Dear JackRabbit, thank you so much for your review. We are definitely the “best-kept secret in NYC” :) . Our location is truly great and there are many places to go and see within minutes. I apologize we were not able to help you out with the A.C. unit in your room, we wish were would have known previously about your issue as we would have corrected it immediately. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to make your next stay an even better one! Please return and contact us directly to ensure exceptional service.