“Best hotel in NY”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #125 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is the best hotel I have stayed in Manhattan! Good location on Broadway, good price and everything is new!! Good taste in the bedrooms!You have to be attend by the kindest recetionist on front desk: Yudelka! She speaks Spanish and English and its only because of her we could stay there. The other girl said, that there's no bedrooms...Humpft... All the boys on the front door are so friendly and polite. I'll be there in my next NY travel again!

Room Tip: You have to choose a double bed because of the location and the size of the room! It was very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Erin B, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Filodaux,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm delighted that your NYC getaway was an enjoyable one and that members of our staff played such an instrumental role in your stay. We pride ourselves in the standard of service and accommodations our guests have come to expect from the Ameritania Hotel. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room we were in 809 was immaculant! the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in besides my own. Fitted sheet on bottom was extra nice, no fighting the flat sheet at night. The bathroom was nice with a walk in shower with a rainhead shower, actually 2 shower heads, lower and upper. Lighted mirror in bathroom. Our room was renovated so it was very nice and comfy. Yes there is a construction site out the window, no great views and it can be noisy if the workers are yelling " WE WANT TO GO HOME!" but I did find it kinda amusing. All room in NYC are small so it is about normal. I have stayed in Manhattan quite a bit and at different hotels and as far as size they are all about the same. I did not find anything suspicious here about bed bugs and believe me I LOOKED!! HA. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. It is very close to different theatres. Broadway shows near are Sister Act, Mama Mia, Wicked, Lion King, are the ones I did see near the Ameritania. Subway stations are close and you are in the middle between Central Park and Times Square. Just jump on the subway to go to lower manhattan, Battery Park to board the ferry to Ellis Island and Liberty Island. Again, I recommend this hotel due to its cleanliness and location. 3 thumbs up!

Room Tip: 809 was our room and it was great, except for the construction site out the window. Workers will be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Traveltxgirls,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Ameritania Hotel. . I am glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us in the heart of Midtown as well as our amenities and restaurants in our neighborhood. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Thank you again for such a thoughtful review.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I booked this hotel after being lied to by the front desk at said hotel. They said that they had nearly completed a full refurbishment and that we would get a refurbished room........utter rubbish.....the room that we stayed in was disgraceful!! It was so shabby that I felt like an utter tramp staying there!! As this trip was to visit friends who live in New York, I hardly spent anytime in the hotel. The lobby was nice and the door man was helpful.....everything else was awful. There was mold in the bath/shower. The tap didn't work in the sink. The toilet took a week to fill back up after being flushed. Add to that the building site that our room looked out over!! Would not recommend and would never ever set foot inside this so called hotel again!!! It was quite expensive too!!

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank smurfy82
Erin B, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Smurfy82,
I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience that you had at our hotel. We have infact completed renovations in our rooms and I am sorry to hear the rooms were not to your liking. I can assure you your comments have been forwarded to each department for review.
We appreciate all feedback from our guests - both positive and negative to improve in all areas of guest satisfaction. We hope that you may give our hotel, or one of our sister properties another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed in march last year, was a perfect location friendly staff, excellent door staff and good sized room, will definately sty again when go back in 2014! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear BB703tb,
We are pleased you enjoyed your experience at the Ameritania Hotel with our accommodations as well as our staff. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again in the future and thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Ameritania for 11 nights with family, November/2011.
We loved the location. The hotel was in a perfect location - between Central Park and Times Square with lots of restaurants, bars and cafes around. We walked to almost everything we wanted to do (MOMA, Rockefeller Center, Empire State, Time Square, 5th Avenue e others).
This hotel was good value for the money.
This hotel is right next door to the Ed Sullivan Theater where the David Letterman show is going. We went to the show. Great experience!
We recommend this hotel to others and in may, a family will stay in Ameritania.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear RosaneLuccadaLuz,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while staying with us at the Ameritania hotel.
I am happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and that you took advantage of our great location! Our team welcomes the opportunity to be of service in the near future and we look forward to becoming your hotel of choice when visiting New York City!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great stay! CloseGreat Stay to everything on Time Square. Would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

3 day/2 night stay at the Ameritania for a combination business/ leisure trip. Great price- I've stayed in hotel rooms in Manhattan that were half this size for twice the price. My newly renovated room was too big to capture completely in the cell phone photo below, was nicely decorated, and was quiet (as with other reviewers on this site, I asked for a room away from the construction). Great location. Staff was generally friendly and helpful, from navigating the best subway routes to hailing cabs and even printing out tickets since the business center is being renovated.

The two minor flaws, both of which can be easily remedied in the future: 1. Not all staff is at an equal level of "friendliness." Easily fixed by some training or hiring of new staff. 2. The elevators seemed to break down a lot, leaving only 1 working at a time. This will probably not be an issue when you read this review, however.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Erin B, Front Office Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear AndrewN100,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While I am happy to see that you enjoyed our great location in the heart of the Theater District, I do apologize if you found some of our staff members not as helpful as others. We certainly appreciate your feedback as it helps us pinpoint areas we can improve on.
Thank you for your great compliments about your experience here, and for sharing them with your fellow travelers. We look forward to your next visit.

Most sincerely,